Drive Bitch

Garth Brooks has 9 Diamond Albums...did you know?

ReH2o

who?

local 

CandyBling
2 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Weren’t of his releases double disks? I think that kinda helped him.

Tea! 

KnightofCrescentL

Most of them are fake Diamond. He racked up sales from box sets and each album got an individual sale or something. 

KnightofCrescentL
2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Double albums, Box sets, deals with Amazon, Mcdonalds and Walmart, countless complication album to milk her original albums. 

Of course he had demand to do that and many artist can't do if they wanted to do but he has like 3 diamond album with original albums. 

Well you gotta do what you gotta do. Taylor had her pizza promo, Garth had his Mc Donalds, difference being Garth sold 3 million albums in Mcdonalds in three weeks .LEGEND. 

JesusORGod

He has had a deals with everyone under the sun... :ahh:

D_Man3379
3 hours ago, tombiz said:

Sevens.jpg

Someone's been busy ropin' the gheys...

yXUoAnN.gif

Ugh this is bringing back memories. :wap: 

tombiz
4 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

Ugh this is bringing back memories. :wap: 

I wonder what these "sevens" really meant..?

yXUoAnN.gif

Spoiler

Especially considering he's got some "friends on low places" too...

R-9584333-1483164014-5468.jpeg.jpg

Spoiler

2axjpTI.gif

Artistofthedecade
3 hours ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

Well you gotta do what you gotta do. Taylor had her pizza promo, Garth had his Mc Donalds, difference being Garth sold 3 million albums in Mcdonalds in three weeks .LEGEND. 

Taylor's deal only helped 8k sales while his Amazon deal pushed his album to diamond "without selling 1 million". 

Difference is, Taylor didn't add fake sales to his stats for diamond albums... 

Like you said below 

4 hours ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

Most of them are fake Diamond. He racked up sales from box sets and each album got an individual sale or something. 

He is still huge tho

Edited by Artistofthedecade

BnPac

Why do men sexualize everything? It’s so exhausting sometimes. :laugh:
—————
Yes, I knew. Although most of his albums are double sets, his sales in the US remain impressive. Country’s big artists rack up sales, country’s fans do open their purses. 

Delly
5 hours ago, newwil7l said:

He had huge impact in his genre. Again you ATRL gays need to realize that there is more to music than just pop. 

His genre is local af though. So that user is right that he doesn't have "global impact". I doubt GP in Asia and Europe can name a single Garth Brooks' song. 

Luckitty

i only heard his name after i started following the charts, i still don’t know any of his music or what he looks like, he’s very local

Edited by Luckitty

07tandu
7 hours ago, plumbartist said:

There's always a Garth Brooks CD in every Wallmart, Cracker Barrell, and cheeseburgers in 'murica so I'm not surprised at all...

:toofunny3:

KnightofCrescentL
5 hours ago, JesusORGod said:

He has had a deals with everyone under the sun... :ahh:

That's called Business. 

KnightofCrescentL
2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Taylor's deal only helped 8k sales while his Amazon deal pushed his album to diamond "without selling 1 million". 

Difference is, Taylor didn't add fake sales to his stats for diamond albums... 

Like you said below 

He is still huge tho

Well they aren't fake per-se, that's the way Billboard count them.

It's not Garth's choice. Can't really blame him for playing the rules within a system.

And let us not act as if "Taylor let me release 17 versions of my album Swift" has not done plenty of tricks herself to inflate her sales. 

AvrilLaQueen
9 hours ago, Cheers said:

But no global impact can’t even name a song of his tbh

This

9 hours ago, newwil7l said:

He had huge impact in his genre. Again you ATRL gays need to realize that there is more to music than just pop. 

Shania Twain remains unbothered with her worldwide recognizable classics

Artistofthedecade
2 hours ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

Well they aren't fake per-se, that's the way Billboard count them.

We can't say the same for RIAA tho. RIAA counts shipments and Amazon did that on purpose for him to reach Diamond. Most of them didn't sell. 

2 hours ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

It's not Garth's choice. Can't really blame him for playing the rules within a system.

And ı don't say anything is wrong about it. You still need very big demand and business skills to make that. He is still biggest artist in US after the Beatles. 

But he abused the RIAA system after some point. His most certified album is... LIVE ALBUM with 21 platinum. :rip:  

If he didn't release countless box sets, double albums etc. he wouldn't have that many Diamond albums. 

His milking his old albums backfired after some point in GP's eyes for a reason. 

KnightofCrescentL
1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

We can't say the same for RIAA tho. RIAA counts shipments and Amazon did that on purpose for him to reach Diamond. Most of them didn't sell. 

And ı don't say anything is wrong about it. You still need very big demand and business skills to make that. He is still biggest artist in US after the Beatles. 

But he abused the RIAA system after some point. His most certified album is... LIVE ALBUM with 21 platinum. :rip:  

If he didn't release countless box sets, double albums etc. he wouldn't have that many Diamond albums. 

His milking his old albums backfired after some point in GP's eyes for a reason. 

RIAA counts shipments for everyone. 

Yes, and that live album is 21 times platinum according to the RIAA rules and how they certify it. 

Not his fault that he was just that big.

And also I don't think him milking old albums had anything to do with him flopping with recent albums. People loved those old hits and old music and that is what they wanted. They weren't too invested in his new material. IT happens to everyone. But remember he started in 1990 or something. 

Edited by KnightofCrescentL

Artistofthedecade
15 minutes ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

RIAA counts shipments for everyone. 

But every artist don't use overshipment deals to inflate their sales. 

17 minutes ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

Yes, and that live album is 21 times platinum according to the RIAA rules and how they certify it. 

Not his fault that he was just that big.

This album was not big enough to be 21 platinum album. It sold something like 8 million. It was not because it was that big, it was because he knew how to show his numbers bigger in RIAA. 

KnightofCrescentL
1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

But every artist don't use overshipment deals to inflate their sales. 

This album was not big enough to be 21 platinum album. It sold something like 8 million. It was not because it was that big, it was because he knew how to show his numbers bigger in RIAA. 

LOL please, loads of the albums certified Diamond haven't remotely sold 10 million copies. 

And again, he didn't "show" anything. He included copies of the album in future purchases, which were legitamitely purchased, and therefore, counted as per RIAA rules. There is nothing stopping anyone else from doing the same. 

Plus, its a double disc so 1 sale counts as two, but this again is the same for EVERYONE. 

You going back and forth with me over it is not going to change that 21 times platinum cert. 

Edited by KnightofCrescentL

Artistofthedecade
11 minutes ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

LOL please, loads of the albums certified Diamond haven't remotely sold 10 million copies. 

And all used to inflate their sales. Garth just used that most. 

11 minutes ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

And again, he didn't "show" anything. He included copies of the album in future purchases, which were legitamitely purchased, and therefore, counted as per RIAA rules. There is nothing stopping anyone else from doing the same. 

12 minutes ago, KnightofCrescentL said:

You going back and forth with me over it is not going to change that 21 times platinum cert. 

Same applies to you about how inflated his certifications were compared to their real sales. He has 107 million album sales while he has 150 million RIAA certifications. 

You said yourself that most of his albums were fake diamond. This is your word. I don't know what point you are trying to make :coffee2:

KnightofCrescentL
3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And all used to inflate their sales. Garth just used that most. 

Same applies to you about how inflated his certifications were compared to their real sales. He has 107 million album sales while he has 150 million RIAA certifications. 

You said yourself that most of his albums were fake diamond. This is your word. I don't know what point you are trying to make :coffee2:

Fake as in they traditionally didn't go diamond from when they were originally released. That is clear. 

But he also didn't break any rules by later releasing boxsets. It's not his fault that he sold a tonne of them. The RIAA should probably just certify box-sets as box sets instead of adding the sales onto each individual album, but as these were old albums there is no minimun price. He could sell them for 99 cents and they would be counted. 

Also it's no big deal that he has a difference between his sales and his certs. Loads of artists have the same as RIAA count certain things where as Billboard don't. Similar to the way RIAA count pre-release streaming where Billboard don't. Not really a big deal. 

He still sold those albums. 

Loads of artists with diamond certs were selling chunks of their music through club sales where albums worked out at a dollar each or something so yeah. You can pick apart everyone's diamond certs if you want.