Hector

Billboard: Who should play Madonna in her biopic?

Rith
17 minutes ago, Slate said:

Natalia Dyer

Natalia Dyer Stranger Things Blonde Hair Bangs

she looks like she's about to scream "OMG my instagram-" :rip:

Slate
1 minute ago, Rith said:

she looks like she's about to scream "OMG my instagram-" :rip:

huh

FAz0h8d.gif

Meev

Miley Cyrus singing Like A Virgin :biblio:

AvrilLaQueen

Lili Rainhart

Supervixen

How the hell was Paris even considered? :rip: Taylor Momsen being among the options, slay a bit :clap3:

It really should be Sky Ferreira tho.

Edit: For some reason I read Paris Hilton instead of Paris Jackson, oops :clown:

sky_ferreira_madonna5.jpg

Edited by Supervixen

Romova

Lourdes

Both Sides Now

I don’t think they should hire an artist to play another artist. That’s why JLo worked so well as Selena. 

Illuminati

Miley would kinda be perfect for this. From her attitude to her current look she kinda resembles young Madonna

AND she always delivers when she pretends to be another popstar (see Hannah Montana, Ashley O) :swan:

Edited by Illuminati

Fitzswiftie
2 hours ago, eleganceislearned said:

I could maybe see her ruining a Stevie Nicks movie though.

Lily Rabe is shook

Qmhp

Alicia keys 

Fitzswiftie
17 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I don’t think they should hire an artist to play another artist. That’s why JLo worked so well as Selena. 

It’s so odd to think JLo wasn’t a pop star (by trade) by the time of Selena, she has such a natural showmanship in it.

GlamSlam
1 hour ago, Zombie said:

Gaga is overqualified for this role, once she starts singing people will forget its a Madonna Biopic. For Madonnas sake they should hire someone as talentless qualified.

tenor.gif

:bibliahh:Oh please!

Aside from the fact that Gaga's solo career was on life support three years after her debut who in their right mind would want to hear some low rent Liza Minnelli knockoff bellowing Madonna's songs? Not only would she completely ruin Madonna's classics but she has all the style and grace of a cold bacon sandwich. She can't dance, has zero sex appeal, zero charisma, has a monotone speaking voice and she's a fraud. Playing Madonna would be a dream come true for a serial plagiarist like Gaga, but a nightmare for Madonna fans. (as if she'd even be asked in the first place) :lmao:

giphy.gif

Blue Jeans

Venus D Lite from Drag race :heart: 

whitneyhoustonlegend

I mean... i see no better than her.

paris-jackson-harpers-bazaar-today-17031

Sergi91
8 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Venus D Lite from Drag race :heart: 

giphy.gif

————

It should be Gaga, Lourdes, or Paris 

not f words suggesting miley, sky or paris jackson just cus they kinda look like Madonna. the role should go to a real actress such as julia garner who's spectacular on Ozark. And no, Gaga just doesn't have the gravitas to pull off Madonna

tombiz
2 hours ago, iiSuperManii said:

Not sure if you're being serious,  cause this made me scream :dies:

I wouldn't put it past her at this point, TBH.

WzuJR1c.gif

But, LBR, I'm not feeling this project at all.

There was once a script about her early years doing the rounds that, for all I know (I haven't read it, but it seemed to be gritty, raw and interesting), was very highly rated among those who got to read it. Madonna even criticized it for being mostly lies and all, as far as I recall.

That kind of material - with Madonna's insight to correct what is factually wrong, no less - could really work with the right director and the right lead actress. Some of the leading lady options listed are great, in fact. I can totally see Julia Garner or Florence Pugh nailing it. Haley Bennett and Riley Keogh are also up for the role, according to industry insiders.

But Madonna herself meddling so much with the material and the larger scope of the film will likely make this too "standard musician biopic", IMO. A bit of a waste, considering she was always the one to push the envelope, and I really wish she'd actually do it once again, even though I'm not too hopeful at this point. I'd very much love to be surprised, though. But watch them name it Like a Virgin, as well.

flLsurM.gif

Giancor

Uhmm an actual actress,.maybe?

whitneyhoustonlegend

Arent original biopics with artist involvement little too "bubblegummy" , because the artist always want to look good, and "conquer all" at the end and the story becomes more of a one sided? And the "official" sources of the biopic are always the people, who are in good therms with the artist, not the ones, who in some way departed from their friendship? Thats the ones with the most juicy details,and probably seen side of the artist, which general public and fans never seen....

Of course, they are seen like "Liars"....

I don't think Madonna should be fully involved in it. 

Alongoria13

The Stranger Things girl can pull late 70s early 80s madonna flawlessly IMO. The Ozark lady is fit for TB-BAT.

Ethereaaal
4 hours ago, TKO said:

Should be Gaga, since she has been imitating her for a decade she will nail it.

Gaga's too good to play her :sadviolin: Maybe someone like Katy is more fit? :allears:

Ethereaaal
1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

:bibliahh:Oh please!

Aside from the fact that Gaga's solo career was on life support three years after her debut who in their right mind would want to hear some low rent Liza Minnelli knockoff bellowing Madonna's songs? Not only would she completely ruin Madonna's classics but she has all the style and grace of a cold bacon sandwich. She can't dance, has zero sex appeal, zero charisma, has a monotone speaking voice and she's a fraud. Playing Madonna would be a dream come true for a serial plagiarist like Gaga, but a nightmare for Madonna fans. (as if she'd even be asked in the first place) :lmao:

giphy.gif

Gaga is above playing Madonna at all. No need to write an essay :kiss: Maybe if Madonna stopped ruining her legacy for 4 eras straight then I could've agreed with you that it's an 'honor to play as her' :mrpeanut:

Gaga's moved on to accomplishing greater things; things Madonna dreamed she could achieve too :sadviolin:

TKO
4 minutes ago, Ethereaaal said:

Gaga's too good to play her :sadviolin: Maybe someone like Katy is more fit? :allears:

I doubt they can afford her, remember Katy charges $25m for sitting on a chair, Gaga is cheaper and she learned her part well

op4br_zpsfov3dqxc.gif

M André

OK, but imagine this. Cast Xtina as the lead actress and hire Jlo to dub the songs.

LITERALLY PERFECT :gaygacat4:

Mezter

Paris Jackson is the only answer tbh