Shiva, ha comeback :jonny4:

can't wait for it to come out in 10 years :jonny5:

Starshine

This might push me to building an entirely new PC :skull:

Rino
12 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

The only exclusive I care about so far

I'm a little bit disappointed by this trailer

the graphics don't look that impressive, FFVII Remake's graphics looked much better to me

plus I don't really get that quintessential FF vibe from this, it looks, I don't know, way too western for me :monkey:

I was really hoping that they would go with the Agni's Philosophy story, protagonist and world, guess not :noparty: 

OneAndOnly

No release date? Not even a year? When will SE learn to stop announcing games prematurely? If you don't have a release window yet then keep it until you're ready. Otherwise it's just gonna make us wait longer (FFXV, KH3, FFVIIR, etc).

Gourgeist

Witcher 3 with DMC combat design. Hard pass

tumblr_ondgnwiVpW1thd7hoo1_400.gif

Hongbin

I'm waiting to buy a PS5 until this comes out though

The FFXIV influences are very heavy though.

Comedor

Looked boring and generic. Will buy it on PC in 2026 for $20.

Kid A

Square has lost it. I’ll stick to any pre ff13 remakes they wanna give us.

Edited by Kid A

Anthem
22 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

The FFXIV influences are very heavy though.

That was the first thing I noticed, too. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, so long as they are able to make the world feel as alive as XIV.. but obviously a large portion of that is contributed to the fact that it's an MMO, lol. Really not sure how to feel about this game yet. It seems serviceable, but doesn't have MAIN ENTRY vibes I'd expect from a franchise like Final Fantasy. Not a console seller for me (yet)

Hongbin

Wait yoshida is working on this game

It's probably going to be a masterpiece 

Hongbin
9 minutes ago, Anthem said:

That was the first thing I noticed, too. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, so long as they are able to make the world feel as alive as XIV.. but obviously a large portion of that is contributed to the fact that it's an MMO, lol. Really not sure how to feel about this game yet. It seems serviceable, but doesn't have MAIN ENTRY vibes I'd expect from a franchise like Final Fantasy. Not a console seller for me (yet)

This is Yoshida's division most of them have been working on xiv since heavensward.

So I actually have high hopes for this game.

Anthem
2 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

This is Yoshida's division most of them have been working on xiv since heavensward.

So I actually have high hopes for this game.

That's a little more reassuring, for sure! I think I'll be sold once we have some casual gameplay, and get a good feeling of just how vast and involved the world is. Unless it's Nintendo, these early build story-driven previews don't get me too hyped. I've been burnt too many times, lol.

G.U.Y. Gaga

Is there going to be female playable characters 

sunmimi imfurst

I think it looks good tbh. I'm glad they didn't just show a CGI trailer like they do sometimes :rip:

Giving me FFXII/XIV vibes with a bit of witcher thrown in. Wonder if it will be a on man party the whole game? :cupid:  Looks a lot darker and gore than most FF installs. 

FailSafe

Is this the Witcher 4? I'm tired of emo looking ass protagonist. 

Blue.

The minute I say the main character teleport I was out. FFVII Remake gameplay was perfect, GTFO with this lame ass FFXV mindless button pushing.

sunmimi imfurst

I'm more hyped by the team behind it than the trailer tbh. And also it's nice to see a not CGI trailer, but an actual game. It's nice to see a focus on gameplay and story rather than CGI imo.

Oni

When it comes to Final Fantasy, I want a bright high fantasy setting. What the trailer showed us was murky low fantasy and that's like 100% of western RPGs. I want colors, amazing sceneries, ridiculous outfits, ridiculous hair, not this dark ****. :noparty: There is absolutely no charm to this.

But, this is probably so early in development it's useless to take it at face value, so we'll see.

TaylorFantasy

Looking like a western game :noparty:Generic on top of that I'm kinda disappointed. At least to protagonist (?) looks cute I guess.

Also yes can they expand upon the 7R battle system instead of whatever XV's was? I feel 7R was almost the perfect balance between action and turn based.

Jessica Sanchez
9 hours ago, Hongbin said:

The only exclusive I care about so far

Is this different with FF 16 ? Sorry im bad at the numbers , the video in this game looks online but its cool to see the summons.

Is this online or FF16 ?

But if this is the new main title i would be disappointed based on the looks , theres no fantasy ish feeling since FFX with the characters and all , seems like moving forward everything is able to cast magic ? 

Hongbin
31 minutes ago, Jessica Sanchez said:

Is this different with FF 16 ? Sorry im bad at the numbers , the video in this game looks online but its cool to see the summons.

Is this online or FF16 ?

But if this is the new main title i would be disappointed based on the looks , theres no fantasy ish feeling since FFX with the characters and all , seems like moving forward everything is able to cast magic ? 

It's 16. It's done by business Division 3 the same people who work on 14.

Jessica Sanchez
8 minutes ago, Hongbin said:

It's 16. It's done by business Division 3 the same people who work on 14.

awww looks like western release like every1 said and it looks like every1 could cast magic instead of focusing a white mage or black mage like before :C 

oh well , im still gonna play it 

cant wait for ff7 remake part to save the franchise then :wap: