Raspberry Swirl

Why do stans still care about Grammys in 2020?

Raspberry Swirl

Earlier in 2020, the Grammys were exposed as corrupt when the former director had been fired and decided to spill some major behind-the-scenes tea. Among other things, there were shady votes and biases by committee members with vested interests.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/grammys-deborah-dugan-scandal-explainer.html

Spoiler
  1. *Sexual harassment against attorney Joel Katz, for decades a key executive at the Academy, claiming that, among other attempts to “woo” her, he attempted to kiss her at an expensive dinner he’d taken her to and repeatedly referred to her as “baby”;
  2. *That former Academy CEO Neil Portnow “allegedly raped a female recording artist,” who is not named but described as “foreign,” “which was, upon information and belief, the real reason his contract was not renewed.” It claims the board was aware of the incident;
  3. *That she was asked to offer Portnow a $750,000 consulting contract;
  4. *”egregious conflicts of interest, improper self-dealing by Board members and voting irregularities with respect to nominations for Grammy Awards, all made possible by the “boys’ club” mentality and approach to governance at the Academy.”
  5. *that “Katz and his law firm are paid an exorbitant amount of money by the Academy,” including $250,000 per year (plus reimbursement of travel and expenses that were incurred without any prior authorization) simply to be on call in the event the Board needs any legal advice. 93. On top of that, according to news reports, Greenberg Trauig billed the Board for over $15mm in legal work” — as noted by Variety — “over a period of only a few years,” and that “Katz and his law firm,” as well as others including “Proskauer Rose (and former Proskauer Rose partner, Chuck Ortner)” have billed “millions of dollars to the Academy, which is a not-for-profit entity”;
  6. *That Dugan’s assistant, Claudine Little, was monitoring her emails and sharing information with Academy board members and executives

Why then, do stans still think their faves' Grammys mean anything and use them to drag other artists?

Why do they care so much if their faves don't win a fraudulent paperweight?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

X63SM8m.gif

Edited by Raspberry Swirl

My Tears Ricochet

That gif:dies: Is that Kanye? 

Miss Americana

Why does stans care about anything?

getBusy

They need those numbers so they can say "but my fave has XX Grammys, when will your fave?" etc.

Rev8
1 minute ago, getBusy said:

They need those numbers so they can say "but my fave has XX Grammys, when will your fave?" etc.

Literally this

even tho they know it's all bias :dies:

enchanted0

I mean artists themselves still care so (except Frank Ocean and maybe Kanye)

Bayouboy

If stans stopped caring about The Grammys then that mean all other award (VMAs, BET, Teen Choice, Billboard, AMAs) would be obsolete. Then people will stop caring about sales and charts next. What will ATRL argue about then :deadbanana2:

Raspberry Swirl
6 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

To quote a funny ATRLer:

"How could you pee so heartless?"

X63SM8m.gif

MAXIMO

What is that gif? :bibliahh:

Robi

When suits their narrative they do care if their didn’t gets it they don’t care 

t3rn

If their faves still care about them. then... :mandown:

alejandreaux
11 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

you can tell by the alien Crocs that it’s Kanye :dies:

Raspberry Swirl
6 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

If stans stopped caring about The Grammys then that mean all other award (VMAs, BET, Teen Choice, Billboard, AMAs) would be obsolete. Then people will stop caring about sales and charts next. What will ATRL argue about then :deadbanana2:

Well... talent, looks (I don't really approve), sales, quality of music, whom they get photographed with, how their breath smells... sky's the limit really! 

MexicanLiLMonster

I think all Stans care, but if their fav doesn't get any Grammys they act like they don't care...

selsfetish

bc most our faves and their labels still care, they do a whole Grammy campaign despite the fact its corrupt; which other award show do they do that for?

yes its rigged but until our faves stop caring enough to the point they stop attending the award show and treating it like its a big deal, stans will use it as bragging rights

also if Grammys become worthless, what does that mean for almost every award show in general? 

Dolce Vita

Grammys are still seen as the most prestigious award you can receive in the music industry. Naturally, stans will of course care about if their fave is nominated/wins an award. 

Edited by Dolce Vita

Almighty Gaga

Sounds like something someone whose fave doesn't get Grammys would say

Prisoner

GRAMMYs should stop being televised. also get better and more expert voters. their credibility is gonna die away if they keep relying on celeb culture

Zombie

Because they’re difficult to get, not everyone has that. It’s a first-tier bragging/dragging point, along with a #1 single/album :michael:

KillingYourCareer

My fave is Grammyless so I don't care :cm:

Raspberry Swirl
17 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Sounds like something someone whose fave doesn't get Grammys would say

I'm just wondering about some stanbases who seem to care a bit too much!

X63SM8m.gifX63SM8m.gifX63SM8m.gifX63SM8m.gifX63SM8m.gif

Drive Bitch

Awards have always been corrupt

But they'll always matter 

Raspberry Swirl
6 minutes ago, Zombie said:

Because they’re difficult to get, not everyone has that. It’s a first-tier bragging/dragging point, along with a #1 single/album :michael:

Do you realize the artist whose meme you're quoting is an OGH (Obsessed.mp3 Grammy Hater)? :fan:

Bayouboy
34 minutes ago, Raspberry Swirl said:

Well... talent, looks (I don't really approve), sales, quality of music, whom they get photographed with, how their breath smells... sky's the limit really! 

I can actually see a certain Stan base doing that too :ace:

tellem

Bc being a pop artist in 2020 and not having a single Grammy is kind of odd... they literally nominate every current pop artist w very few exceptions. The ones without Grammys tend to be panned anyway so it’s not like the award would change that