Sanctuary

Kate Bush's "Hounds of Love" turns 35

Sanctuary

hounds_of_love_header.jpg?h=9c8be384&ito

Hounds of Love is the fifth studio album by English singer-songwriter and musician Kate Bush, released by EMI Records on 16 September 1985. It was a commercial success and marked a return to the public eye for Bush after the relatively poor sales of her previous album, 1982's The Dreaming. The album's lead single, "Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)", became one of Bush's biggest hits. The album's first side produced three further successful singles, "Cloudbusting", "Hounds of Love", and "The Big Sky". The second side, subtitled The Ninth Wave, forms a conceptual suite about a person drifting alone in the sea at night.

Hounds of Love received critical acclaim both on its release and in retrospective reviews. It is considered by many fans and music critics to be Bush's best album, and has been regularly voted one of the greatest albums of all time.[2] It was Bush's second album to top the UK Albums Chart and her best-selling studio album,[3] having been certified double platinum for 600,000 sales in the UK,[4] and by 1998 it had sold 1.1 million copies worldwide.[5] In the US, it reached the top 40 on the Billboard 200. The album was nominated at the 1986 Brit Awards for Best British Album, at which Bush was also nominated for Best British Female and Best British Single (for "Running Up That Hill").

Legendary album from a true queen :clap3:Should be required listening for stans tbh

Madame X

happy bday, legendary album.  cloudbusting is obviously the best song :jonny: 

Karla Cabello

one of my favorites ever. created alt girls :clap3:

Scotty

iconic. :clap3: 

Timber

Ugh the slayage. I can’t believe how fresh these 80s songs sound.

Ampersand13

That was a classic, that was a classic :jamming:

lover.

One of the best albums of all time. Queen did that. 

shookspeare

somehow I like so many of the girls she's influenced but I could never really get into her own music.

Sat In Your Lap and There Goes a Tenner are SMASHES though :gaygacat5:

confide in me

The Ninth Wave >>>>> careers

Sanguine

The Dreaming is better but legendary album :clap3:

ThisCharmingMan

This has over the years become my favourite album of all time, absolutely brilliant from start to finish. The only down side about its success is that music media tends to write The Dreaming off as just an experiment meant to be the stepping stone for what HOL became, instead of being recognised for the masterpiece it actually is, almost as good as HOL itself.

Rev8

Happy Birthday :clap3: an ICONIC album