Beyonnaise

Artists who regressed with their last album?

Beyonnaise

I would have to say Ariana. Thank U Next is her worst album, with basic lyrics and uninspired production, especially after Sweetener took her artistry somewhere new. Not every album that's made in a week should be released.

Fnooky

Lady Gaga

gatito

Gaga went back to 2013 with Chromatica :giraffe: the album is basically ARTPOP Act II 

Maleficent

marina

sickening
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

marina

davorincek
3 minutes ago, sickening said:

True

10 minutes ago, Fnooky said:

Lady Gaga

In your dreams

omgshe
7 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I would have to say Ariana. Thank U Next is her worst album, with basic lyrics and uninspired production, especially after Sweetener took her artistry somewhere new. Not every album that's made in a week should be released.

thank u next is amazing i have to disagreeeeeeee, like sweetener slaps but thank u next hITSSSSSS like a fkn train , like the amount of bops on that ??? and the message ??? saying it's iconique doesn't even do it justice tbh. :clap3: soz getting emotional x 

also whoever said marina? excuse ? yeah we're not even gonna go there  :smiley:

anyway OT: I hate to say it and I hope I don't sound ridiculous but everything Carly Rae has released since Emotion :)

AbeHicks

I know this thread was made with the sole intention of shading Lady Gaga, but she simply went back to the road she was never supposed to divert from in the first place. She is at her best when making dance-pop and when she does something else, it is simply a waste of everybody's time.

J9jhP70.gif

SwiftLover

4:44 :noparty:

Tha Carter V :skull:
Red Velvet’s last few EPs :hoetenks:

Edited by SwiftLover

okbyefornow
14 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

basic lyrics and uninspired production

basic lyrics? yes there are songs with meaningless lyrics but that doesn't mean that the whole album has bad lyrics. imagine, in my head and ghostin are probably one of her best written songs. and production wise it's probably her second best album. you can hear them as basic trap beats but actually the songs have very good productions. you should definitely check some of the stems.

TKO
4 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

Tha Carter V :skull:

Tha Carter V is better than IV  :coffee2:

SwiftLover
2 minutes ago, TKO said:

Tha Carter V is better than IV  :coffee2:

I Like The View alone >>>> Tha Dumpsta V

My Tears Ricochet

They're yet to release an album. Yet,  Blackpink.

I can't believe I used to be a stan.They used to release Great songs like Whistle & As if it's your last. But everything went down since Boombayah. A cheap song with cheap beatdrop, and they've been recycling that song ever since. 

And now they're releasing utter garbage like How you like that and Ice cream:doc:

The decay in quality is just...

Konan

Chtomatica is better than Joanne and ASIB ost

Smile

Konan
6 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

I can't believe I used to be a stan.They used to release Great songs like Whistle & As if it's your last. But everything went down since Boombayah. A cheap song with cheap beatdrop, and they've been recycling that song ever since. 

And now they're releasing utter garbage like How you like that and Ice cream:doc:

I feel the same but im still hyped for their debut album. I started listening to them after watching their Coachella performance . At least HYLT is am event and success in Asia, and im happy with their success with Ice Cream :noparty:

Beyonnaise
23 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

I know this thread was made with the sole intention of shading Lady Gaga, but she simply went back to the road she was never supposed to divert from in the first place. She is at her best when making dance-pop and when she does something else, it is simply a waste of everybody's time.

J9jhP70.gif

Huh :skull: I'm not an OGH. Chromatica wasn't my cup of tea but I wouldn't make a thread just to shade it. I even listed another album in the OP. Sounds like projection.

OT: I agree with whoever said Marina, Lose & Flop was just abysmal.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Beyonnaise
16 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Oh this too. I'm worried I won't like anything on the album. The decline is quite shocking, their first five singles were unmatched (yes even the gorgeous Stay).

Every time they've tried to recreate that Whistle formula of a pre-chorus that takes you away for a second then drops into a cool chorus, it has flopped. It worked so well with Whistle because it was fresh and not too noisy. Kill This Love, HYLT, and Ice Cream are all just... bad. It's YG's fault.

Edited by Beyonnaise

RULES

Gags for sure

Tinashegrande6

Man of the woods :cm:

Skirt

Katy with Smile. :chick3:

WildAmerican

Gaga continues to live rent free in everyone's head here, it's so fcking pathetic

Natawie

Lady Gaga.

Otter

Katy.

Even with all its flaws, Witness actually represented artist growth for her both thematically and production wise. Smile is largely redundant on every level 

Psycho

Lady Gaga for sure

sweetkiss

pink

halsey