Rap God

Most Successful Artist of each of the last 7 decades WW

binderella
1 minute ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Chart Masters has Taylor's Total CSPC units at 97M.

So she sold 46M with her debut & Fearless alone??? :huh:

I literally said we are talking about their 2010 releases... because the thread is about decades and you said Adele didn't sell more than her last decade...

Skirt

All boring besides the King of Pop. :sorry:

My Tears Ricochet
1 minute ago, binderella said:

I literally said we are talking about their 2010 releases... because the thread is about decades and you said Adele didn't sell more than her last decade...

But Fearless & Debut sold a major share of their total sales during last decade though:emofish: I know that's applicable for 19 too, still..

Beyonnaise

It really is remarkable how massive Eminem was in the 2000s vs. how he's perceived now. Anyone else with those stats would never be disrespected. A lot of people in their 20s-30s respect him but young hip-hop fans don't at all. I think it's because his whole shtick and rap style was so 2000s, so you kind of had to be there to understand it. I can only imagine a similar phenomenon will happen with Drake.

Edited by Beyonnaise

binderella
7 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

But Fearless & Debut sold a major share of their total sales during last decade though:emofish: I know that's applicable for 19 too, still..

Adele will still beat her even if you factor in Debut and Fearless sales during the 10s. Going from Mediatraffic (which is not at all nearly as accurate as CM, but all we can use for sake of argument) Fearless sold 2.2M in 2008 & 4.2M in 2009, and Debut sold 1.8M in 2008.

That's 8.2M that needs to be deducted from Debut and Fearless' 26,274,000 total on CM (not even counting the units both albums would've done from digital singles and limited streaming). 26,274,000-8,200,000 is 18,074,000. Adding that amount to Taylor's CSPC from the 2010s would give Taylor a total of 69,661,000.

That 69.7M total for Taylor is still less than Adele's 2010s-releases only total of 71,835,000. And considering Mediatraffic has 19 doing 2.8M in 2011 & 1.5M in 2012... not a chance in hell Taylor sold more albums/CSPC in the 2010s :emofish:

Yuanyu
27 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

It really is remarkable how massive Eminem was in the 2000s vs. how he's perceived now. Anyone else with those stats would never be disrespected. A lot of people in their 20s-30s respect him but young hip-hop fans don't at all. I think it's because his whole shtick and rap style was so 2000s, so you kind of had to be there to understand it. I can only imagine a similar phenomenon will happen with Drake.

Megan the stallion, Freddie Gibbs, Earl sweatshirt, Kanye West have show that being loved on Twitter doesn't mean ****. 

Eminem is hated on Twitter  and his sales / streams are mind-blowing, as well as Drake. 

allforyou

Celine :clap3:

MAXIMO

Adele did that with only two albums. :jonny5:

Rusty
1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

I was expecting Elton John for the 1970's...

So was I, actually. But I guess he has decent CSPC for newer stuff in the 80s and 90s so his success is more spread out.

Rusty
6 minutes ago, MAXIMO said:

Adele did that with only two albums. :jonny5:

Same with MJ for the 80s - Thriller & Bad sold 180M CSPC combined.

lcylcy

most successful or most records sold?

are they on something?

Ayanaa

All boring besides Pink Floyd. :sorry:

cuneytb

How is Celine higher than Mariah :ahh: 

dabunique
1 hour ago, cuneytb said:

How is Celine higher than Mariah :ahh: 

World. 

worst is I kno Madonna is probably number two in da 80’s and probably 2 or 3 in da nineties 

GreatestLoveofAll

All of these iconic figures in music! Elvis and The Beatles have... nice songs and immense catalogs. Yeah sounds right.

Dont know much about Pink Floyd but didnt think they'd have the most successful catalog of the 70s. Everyone else tho are no brainers ofc, MJ is the biggest artist of all time as he deserves, Celine is really the most underrated pop girl on this forum, Eminem... sold plenty in his heydey and Adele snatching for the 2010s is not surprising but I was really thinking Drake, even Ed, was gonna overtake her for a minute.

24 minutes ago, dabunique said:

World. 

worst is I kno Madonna is probably number two in da 80’s and probably 2 or 3 in da nineties 

She is 2 in the 80s. Shes 9 in the 90s and 15 in the 2000s, one of two women to rank top 20 in three consecutive decades alongside Barbra (60s, 70s, 80s)

ReH2o

legend celine :clap3:

TeemoR

accurate list tbh

TheObserv3r

But how can it be? all those schwifties(:clown:) saying she was the Artist of the Decade:mrpeanut: or could it be they were wrong:psyduck:...facts are funny sometimes

bad guy

Looks accurate to me. I suspect Post Malone will be crowned for the 20s.

tumblr_p2qgwpxPlP1vsaj6co2_250.png