Coklek92

Is Ariana's career resembling Taylor?

Coklek92

Yours Truly = Self-Titled :  Decent chart performance for debut album, well-received by critics

My Everything = Fearless : Huge era with multiple smash hits

Dangerous Woman = Speak Now : A little bit downgrade commercially but critics praised the records

Sweetener = Red :  Two huge hits, albums consists multiple career highlights

thank u, next = 1989 : Multiple #1 singles, considered as their best albums by critics

Ariana her controversial era aka Reputation is upon us :wap:

idkwiam

I stopped reading at Self-Titled :  Decent chart performance

My Tears Ricochet
1 minute ago, idkwiam said:

I stopped reading at Self-Titled :  Decent chart performance

Ikr:bibliahh:

Self Titled is among the Top 10 biggest Female albums on BB200 of all time, and Ariana has zero on the Top 50

idkwiam
1 minute ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Self Titled is among the Top 10 biggest Female albums on BB200 of all time, and Ariana has zero on the Top 50

Not to be mean cuz YT was #1 debut on BB200 but ST has sold like 7M copies WW + plus is the longest charting album of the 2000s.

Spoiler

Yours truly is one of the shortest charting #1 albums though I get the resemblance.

sickening
3 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

everytime i see you, its just the worst taste in music. get it together hunny :juanny:

ot: Id like to see how she would handle Reputation

genio
6 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

and then they switch...

OT: No

Swirl900

I kinda see the similarities yeah.

Ariana doing a rep era would leave me shaken :chick2:

My Tears Ricochet
2 minutes ago, sickening said:

everytime i see you, its just the worst taste in music. get it together hunny :juanny:

ot: Id like to see how she would handle Reputation

Lol. I prefer Yours Truly over Selftitled.

I was talking about the chart performance. Honeymoon Avenue, Daydreamin and Baby I are career highlights 

4 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Not to be mean cuz YT was #1 debut on BB200 but ST has sold like 7M copies WW + plus is the longest charting album of the 2000s.

Hide contents

Yours truly is one of the shortest charting #1 albums though I get the resemblance.

It's 7x platinum in US alone :beatfreak:

Lindt

no. Ariana is more of a singles artist and Taylor is more of an albums artist. I think billie's career trajectory could be closer to taylor's

Ricardo1993

Yes the only difference is that Ariana has a beautiful voice that doesnt grate my ears. 

07tandu

Tbh this comparison just shows how much huger and more critically acclaimed Taylor is to a point you can't really compare any of the albums.

ReH2o

no, ariana can't sell albums like taylor 

ariananext

no

beautiful player

Taylor sweetie I'm so sorry.

TMZ

you funny and delusional at the same time :deadbanana4::rip:

okbyefornow

no

JoJo

tbh, Ariana’s Sweetener/TUN era did remind me of Taylor’s 1989 era. They were talked about everywhere, and straight men loved to call them boy-obsessed, toxic girlfriends. The MV for TUN was as hyped as Bad Blood’s. Ariana also had a mini-feud with Kanye, do there’s that.

Scarface

I think Billie's more like Taylor.

Taylor Swift=dont smile at me

Wasn't that successful out of the gate, but had huge longevity. Taylor charted in the year-end for 5 years, while Billie already charted in 2 years and is 100% going to chart this year too. Taylor sold 7m in the US, while Billie 3m.

Fearless=When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Both albums had huge debut and huge global singles. Both were the best selling album of the year and won AOTY (Billie even broke Taylor's record for youngest to win). Fearless is certified Diamond and Billie is 4x platinum eligible already.

idkwiam
4 minutes ago, Scarface said:

I think Billie's more like Taylor.

Taylor Swift=dont smile at me

Wasn't that successful out of the gate, but had huge longevity. Taylor charted in the year-end for 5 years, while Billie already charted in 2 years and is 100% going to chart this year too. Taylor sold 7m in the US, while Billie 3m.

Fearless=When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Both albums had huge debut and huge global singles. Both were the best selling album of the year and won AOTY (Billie even broke Taylor's record for youngest to win). Fearless is certified Diamond and Billie is 4x platinum eligible already.

:cm:

peterstyles13

Self-Titled is way bigger than Yours Truly
Fearless is way bigger than My Everything
Speak Now is way bigger than Dangerous Woman
Red is way bigger than Sweetener
1989 is way bigger than Thank U, Next. 

The answer is a hard no. 

genio
50 minutes ago, ReH2o said:

no, ariana can't sell albums like taylor 

True, she's resembling Xtina's albums sadly more than Taylor

Popboi.
9 minutes ago, genio said:

True, she's resembling Xtina's albums sadly more than Taylor

I wouldn’t compare to Xtina’s albums really, at this stage would mean AG6 would flop beyond relief which is clearly not going to happen.

Ari is having her own trajectory, one of the biggest success stories of the 2010s.

ariananext
1 hour ago, JoJo said:

tbh, Ariana’s Sweetener/TUN era did remind me of Taylor’s 1989 era. They were talked about everywhere, and straight men loved to call them boy-obsessed, toxic girlfriends. The MV for TUN was as hyped as Bad Blood’s. Ariana also had a mini-feud with Kanye, do there’s that.

this isn't even true, it was just one tweet.. Ariana is even friends with the Kardashians, and nobody said Ari was a toxic gf.. 

byzantium

Ariana fans are dreaming if they think Ariana is remotely comparable to swift.  

littlebodybigheart

the op is literally what ariana grande fans wish their fave’s albums were