DTF

Why did Taylor surpass Carrie?

trainsskyscrapers
1 hour ago, Quenn said:

Shania will always be the queen of country. Carrie doesn't come close to her.

1 hour ago, Bentley said:

Carrie has more number ones on the format. :sorry:

yeah you’re right, pop audiences don’t really have a care in the world for vocals, or at least not as much as the country audience clearly. 

1 hour ago, newwil7l said:

Shania had no longevoty and was basically pure pop by her third album. If it isn't Carrie then it is Dolly.

1 hour ago, Bentley said:

Dollys old generation sure, but Carrie has been supreme for a while now... 

The order would probably be Dolly - Reba - Shania - Carrie - Martina Mcbride - Faith Hill. They're the 6 female country supremes (With The Judds and Taylor Swift pre-2011 as honorable mentions). 

Mezik

What I also don’t get is Taylor is easily the biggest global pop icon in the world who isn’t Madonna, Whitney, Celine, Mariah or Adele.

Why are we even comparing her to a local country artist who’s highest internationally peaking song is #85 in Slovakia. :rip: 

Quenn
3 minutes ago, Mezik said:

It’s not false, it’s a matter of labels not certifying. :rip: 

Some Hearts based off of TEAs & SEAs is Diamond eligible. :rip: It still has sold more pure albums than Fearless or 1989. It is not hard to comprehend.

But you told me SH wasn't Diamond eligible earlier? Keep up, sis.

The bottom line here is that SH did not outsell Fearless in total sales like that one user foolishly claimed. :michael: 

Bentley
1 minute ago, Mezik said:

What I also don’t get is Taylor is easily the biggest global pop icon in the world who isn’t Madonna, Whitney, Celine, Mariah or Adele.

Why are we even comparing her to a local country artist who’s highest internationally peaking song is #85 in Slovakia. :rip: 

Insecurity. If Carrie tried to crossover she could and would do it ten times better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mezik
Just now, Quenn said:

The bottom line here is that SH did not outsell Fearless in total sales like that one user foolishly claimed. :michael: 

I literally said that SH is diamond eligible, and in regards to pure sales SH did outsell Fearless & 1989 in the U.S. It is not rocket science to comprehend. :ace: 

trainsskyscrapers
1 minute ago, Bentley said:

Insecurity. If Carrie tried to crossover she could and would do it ten times better 🤷🏻‍♂️

And with much better vocals. :sorry:

Bentley
3 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Here we go again with the country purists saying that if you do country music, you’re not allowed to do any other genre, and if you do, we’ll disown that artist.

Didn’t say they weren’t allowed to, just said they weren’t the supreme of the country format in which they ditched for success. Nothing false there... 

supertiffany
41 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Kelly is great and so is Carrie, equally talented, and just a matter of opinion on who is better, no matter who emerged first on idol. And this is coming from someone who likes both of them equally. 

Kelly is a superior vocalist than Carrie. No shade, just facts.

odin_envy_me
2 minutes ago, Quenn said:

IT LITERALLY DID! 7.5 million > 7.1 million.  Are you saying Some Hearts sold less than 7.5M, or that Fearless sold more than 7.1? I'd love to see a receipt for either.

Bentley
3 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

The order would probably be Dolly - Reba - Shania - Carrie - Martina Mcbride - Faith Hill. They're the 6 female country supremes (With The Judds and Taylor Swift pre-2011 as honorable mentions). 

Carrie’s career lifespan has outlasted all of those ladies with maybe the exception of Dolly 

Bentley
Just now, supertiffany said:

Debatable 

Bentley
1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

And with much better vocals. :sorry:

Clearly and that’s not debatable whatsoever lol

AvrilLaQueen

who is Carrie? she sounds like a non-factor never-been

does she have any hit song known outside of Oklahoma and Tennessee?

odin_envy_me
5 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

this does too much disrespect to Loretta for me to be okay with, but youre probably right D:

Quenn
2 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Yet you were comparing Carrie’s album sales to Shania’s despite the time difference... I can’t take it seriously :dies:

The difference here is that Shania has the best selling solo female album of all time to her name and Carrie doesn't. On top of that, she also has 3 Diamond albums in the US. Really not that hard to grasp but okay :skull:

Anyways, my point is that girls like Shania, Reba, & Dolly are the actual queens of country (as per multiple publications) and out of Carrie's league. Y'all are really better off comparing her to Miranda Lambert or something, trust me.

newwil7l
2 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

It is a lot closer than you think dearie.

supertiffany
Just now, Bentley said:

Debatable 

it's not even debatable, Kelly is one of the best female vocalists of all time especially if we are being very OBJECTIVE with TECHNIQUES.

Knowing you are a Kelly fan, I expected you to know the excellence of Kelly's vocal technique in the studio and LIVE.

Bentley
1 minute ago, Quenn said:

The difference here is that Shania has the best selling solo female album of all time to her name and Carrie doesn't. On top of that, she also has 3 Diamond albums in the US. Really not that hard to grasp but okay :skull:

Anyways, my point is that girls like Shania, Reba, & Dolly are the actual queens of country (as per multiple publications) and out of Carrie's league. Y'all are really better off comparing her to Miranda Lambert or something, trust me.

Carrie outlasted all of them and Shania’s 3 diamond albums all aided by a major pop push doesn’t change the fact that you are still comparing album sales by years in difference and then turning around and using the argument in your favor when it’s convenient :skull: 

odin_envy_me
Just now, supertiffany said:

it's not even debatable, Kelly is one of the best female vocalists of all time especially if we are being very OBJECTIVE with TECHNIQUES.

Knowing you are a Kelly fan, I expected you to know the excellence of Kelly's vocal technique in the studio and LIVE.

Vocals are the one thing I'm comfortable defending Carrie for...Kelly's brilliant, but, like, I don't think Carrie has anything to worry about, lol. I think they're both G.O.A.T. material, and both really underrated. 

Bentley
4 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

This stale shade. She’s sold at over at least 20 million records pure... I would say yes she does 

odin_envy_me
6 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

Her latest album outsold Avril's latest in Canada, so i wouldn't try it (and I'm sending this from Napanee, lol)

Edited by odin_envy_me

AvrilLaQueen
Just now, Bentley said:

This stale shade. She’s sold at over at least 20 million records pure... I would say yes she does 

how many of those were sold outside of Republican voting blocks?

Bentley
4 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

I think they’re equally talented vocally. I believe Carrie holds back but I’ve seen her live and she can definitely hold a candle to Kelly. Kelly just uses her tricks more. 

Quenn
4 minutes ago, odin_envy_me said:

IT LITERALLY DID! 7.5 million > 7.1 million.  Are you saying Some Hearts sold less than 7.5M, or that Fearless sold more than 7.1? I'd love to see a receipt for either.

SH may have outsold it in US pure sales but it has most certainly NOT outsold it in SPS or total worldwide sales, like you claimed earlier on. Are y'all really trying to argue against a Diamond certification now? It also doesn't help that Fearless is still pulling impressive streaming numbers to this day whereas SH is completely dead on all streaming platforms. :deadbanana:

Bentley
Just now, odin_envy_me said:

Her latest album outsold Avril's latest in Canada, so i wouldn't try it (and I'm sending this from Napanee, lol)

:skull:

I didn’t wanna be the one so thank you.