Si Hoo

Bigger in 2000s : Shakira vs Beyonce

Bigger in 2000s : Shakira vs Beyonce  

90 members have voted

  1. 1. Bigger in 2000s

    • Shakira
      57
    • Beyonce
      31


Recommended Posts

Si Hoo

We all know that Britney ruled 2000s but beside her which artists was bigger star in 2000s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
biblicalmonster

Let’s not rewrite history. Beyoncé owned the 2000s as she was crowned the Billboard Top Artist of The Year among females and had accumulated more album units counting DC. :mandown:

 

OT: Beyoncé

Edited by biblicalmonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeemoR

Shakira for both 2000s and 2010s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brenda-walsh

Beyonce for both 2000s and 2010s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Si Hoo
3 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Let’s not rewrite history. Beyoncé owned the 2000s as she was crowned the Billboard Top Artist of The Year among females and had accumulated more album units counting DC. :mandown:

 

OT: Beyoncé

yeah but you know that billboard can not represent Shakira's career considering that she was way bigger in LA, EU than Bey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1989

Beyoncé. However, Shakira was absolutely massive, so this isn’t some landslide vote between the two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Si Hoo
5 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Beyoncé. However, Shakira was absolutely massive, so this isn’t some landslide vote between the two. 

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Star dance

Beyonce was bigger, but shakira was bigger an europa and latin america

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quenn

Beyoncé was bigger everywhere but both are huge stars with impressive longevity in the music industry. Not everybody has that. Especially not certain girls who faded into obscurity after 2011 :laugh:

 

Edited by Quenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My Tears Ricochet

US isn't the only country on the planet.

Shakira obliterates Beyonce in fame & bigger hits.

Hips Don't Lie & Waka Waka demolishes Beyonce's career worldwide. Yeah, everybody will be able to sing along to those songs. People hardly knows the lyrics to Crazy in love & Single ladies 

Edited by My Tears Ricochet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AvrilLaQueen
1 hour ago, biblicalmonster said:

Let’s not rewrite history. Beyoncé owned the 2000s as she was crowned the Billboard Top Artist of The Year among females and had accumulated more album units counting DC. :mandown:

 

OT: Beyoncé

 

that's US based chart tho.

 

----

 

Shakira. I mean Whenever, Wherever and Hips Don't Lie streaming stats alone shows Shakira has the bigger classics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brenda-walsh

Just wanna note that Beyoncé sold a significantly larger amount of records during that period as well, despite "not being global" :fan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almost Home
1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

US isn't the only country on the planet.

Shakira obliterates Beyonce in fame & bigger hits.

Hips Don't Lie & Waka Waka demolishes Beyonce's career worldwide. Yeah, everybody will be able to sing along to those songs. People hardly knows the lyrics to Crazy in love & Single ladies 

You don’t even believe this. :priceless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LewisK
1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

US isn't the only country on the planet.

Shakira obliterates Beyonce in fame & bigger hits.

Hips Don't Lie & Waka Waka demolishes Beyonce's career worldwide. Yeah, everybody will be able to sing along to those songs. People hardly knows the lyrics to Crazy in love & Single ladies 

:clap3:

 

But they'll never get it :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Yoso

In Asia, Beyonce is a starlet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cuneytb

Shakira obviously :rip: 

 

she had mega smash hits just a few years ago. Her songs from her own album Perro Fiel, Me Enamore, la bicecetla, chantaje were ALL bigger than everything Beyoncé had released. Just look at the streaming numbers. + Waka Waka, Try Everything, Whenever Wherever and tons of other songs by Shakira are doing so much better than Beyonces songs. Don’t quote me with sh!t like “no one knows” because that’s exactly the delusion you guys want to walk with. All those songs have over 1B streams. Some even have 3B streams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThirdWardBey
24 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

Shakira obviously :rip: 

 

she had mega smash hits just a few years ago. Her songs from her own album Perro Fiel, Me Enamore, la bicecetla, chantaje were ALL bigger than everything Beyoncé had released. Just look at the streaming numbers. + Waka Waka, Try Everything, Whenever Wherever and tons of other songs by Shakira are doing so much better than Beyonces songs. Don’t quote me with sh!t like “no one knows” because that’s exactly the delusion you guys want to walk with. All those songs have over 1B streams. Some even have 3B streams.

You should read the title of this thread again. 
 

OT: Beyoncé obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Namiskine

Easily Shakira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allforyou

Honestly, I think it's a tie. They were both extremely popular during the 00s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayanaa

Shakira a.k.a.  a global superstar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diocles
4 hours ago, TeemoR said:

Shakira for both 2000s and 2010s

 

18 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

Shakira a.k.a.  a global superstar 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kyris89

Shakira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Summer Boy

Shakira. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Otter
3 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

 

that's US based chart tho.

 

----

 

Shakira. I mean Whenever, Wherever and Hips Don't Lie streaming stats alone shows Shakira has the bigger classics

But..... 

Halo:  Spotify +youtube: 1.8bn
Hips dont lie Spotify +youtube : 1.4bn


Crazy in Love:  Spotify + Youtube 1Bn
Single ladies Youtube alone: 779m


Whenever, Whenever ; Spotify + Youtube 760m

Edited by Otter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Otter

Stats seem to say Beyonce was bigger in the 2000s . Both were huge though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites