rta1913

Why is the US rejecting Maluma?

ReH2o

usa doing good here :clap3:

SavagePapi
6 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

Maluma’s not a rapper :toofunny2: who are those reggaeton artists with better lyrics?

He sings & raps. :toofunny3:  You're a fan and don't know the difference? Maluma is basically a Colombian Farruko & Ozuna. They sing and occassionally rap.

And there are countless that are superior; Daddy Yankee, Bad Bunny, Miky Woodz, Nicky Jam, Cosculluela, Myke Towers, Farruko, Lunay, Neñgo Flow, hell even J Balvin and the list goes on. They are by far better lyricists and can actually freestyle. It's not up for debate.

Do you even listen to Reggaeton? I've been a stan since the late 90s. Maluma is very pop | bubblegum reggaeton. He is not lyrical at all. :rip:

HANZ94

I remember people saying he was gonna be the next Ricky Martin or that he was already bigger than him

Ricky Martin sweetie :ahh:

Ferret
On 9/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bacardo Royale said:

they have flop taste

maluma > bad bunny

Omg imagine thinking this is true

Yellowfever
1 hour ago, SavagePapi said:

He sings & raps. :toofunny3:  You're a fan and don't know the difference? Maluma is basically a Colombian Farruko & Ozuna. They sing and occassionally rap.

And there are countless that are superior; Daddy Yankee, Bad Bunny, Miky Woodz, Nicky Jam, Cosculluela, Myke Towers, Farruko, Lunay, Neñgo Flow, hell even J Balvin and the list goes on. They are by far better lyricists and can actually freestyle. It's not up for debate.

Do you even listen to Reggaeton? I've been a stan since the late 90s. Maluma is very pop | bubblegum reggaeton. He is not lyrical at all. :rip:

The contradictions :ahh:you say maluma is very pop bublegum reggaeton but still try with the rap thing :skull: do you even know what rap is? Maluma sings most of the time, unlike bad bunny (trap) or j Balvin (he barely sings). 

“it’s not up to debate” that’s just YOUR opinion sis :toofunny3: Maluma is more talented than most of those reggaeton artists you mentioned, he has better vocals, stage presence and he is a songwriter :cm:

Daddy Yankee and Maluma Named Songwriter/Artist and Songwriter of the Year at 27th Annual ASCAP Latin Music Awards

https://www.ascap.com/press/2019/03/03-05-latin-music-awards

Yellowfever

The hit maker, Latin Grammy winning artist, global touring force Maluma remains unbothered. :fan:

Rino

he needs to accidentally flash his d on Instagram like Chris Evans if he wants that US audience :gaycat3:

Yellowfever
11 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

But he out toured them easily in the US (tied with bad bunny).

He’s a tour artist.

Colores had like 10 singles and they ALL failed to debut at the hot 100 :rip: 

Funny how @rta1913 stopped posting in this thread :toofunny3:

Lemme bring Pollstar receipts later. Everyone in here is WRONG about Maluma’s success in the US. He’s actually more successful than ever and some album peaks won’t change that :coffee2:

rta1913

I’m sorry @Yellowfever I forgot about this thread :rip:

I don’t want you to think I am a Maluma hater. I actually kind of stan him. None of the other reggaetoneros have served anything like Felices Los 4. It is just that I am truly shocked he hasn’t had a top 10/15 album when all the others have. And I don’t understand why, he has a better presence in the Hot 100 and like you said bigger tour stats, but then why the heck people are not streaming his albums? At least not enough to get him a high debut. 

I was going to say maybe the lack of exposure or collabs with big US names: Bad Bunny with Cardi and Drake, Balvin with basically everyone, but then it’s not like Ozuna (Taki Taki was not that big in the US) or Anuel AA have. 

Maybe @SavagePapi is right and he has a “bubblegum” image. 

SavagePapi
44 minutes ago, Yellowfever said:

The contradictions :ahh:you say maluma is very pop bublegum reggaeton but still try with the rap thing :skull: do you even know what rap is? Maluma sings most of the time, unlike bad bunny (trap) or j Balvin (he barely sings). 

“it’s not up to debate” that’s just YOUR opinion sis :toofunny3: Maluma is more talented than most of those reggaeton artists you mentioned, he has better vocals, stage presence and he is a songwriter :cm:

Daddy Yankee and Maluma Named Songwriter/Artist and Songwriter of the Year at 27th Annual ASCAP Latin Music Awards

https://www.ascap.com/press/2019/03/03-05-latin-music-awards

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

This only proves that you know nothing about Reggaeton. Girl, stay in your lane please.

Maluma is not one of the best reggaetoneros in the game. You sound like a teenager. Maybe in his native, Colombia.

He does not have the talent nor the quality to be ever considered one of the greats. Don't disrespect actual talents like this.

Imagine putting him in the same lane lyrically as DY, Don Omar, Wisin, Yandel, Cosculluela, Nengo Flow, Kendo Kaponi, Arcangel, Bad Bunny, Ozuna, Farruko, Nicky Jam, Myke Towers, De La Ghetto, Vico C, etc., artists who can actually rap and/or freestyle.

@rta1913 The sis is insane and tone deaf. I have nothing against Maluma, but he serves eye candy and quick one month bops. I don't know anyone clicking their heels to play a Maluma song at a club, party or in the car.

rta1913
10 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

This only proves that you know nothing about Reggaeton. Girl, stay in your lane please.

Maluma is not one of the best reggaetoneros in the game. You sound like a teenager. Maybe in his native, Colombia.

He does not have the talent nor the quality to be ever considered one of the greats. Don't disrespect actual talents like this.

Imagine putting him in the same lane lyrically as DY, Don Omar, Wisin, Yandel, Cosculluela, Nengo Flow, Kendo Kaponi, Arcangel, Bad Bunny, Ozuna, Farruko, Nicky Jam, Myke Towers, De La Ghetto, Vico C, etc., artists who can actually rap and/or freestyle.

@rta1913 The sis is insane and tone deaf. I have nothing against Maluma, but he serves eye candy and quick one month bops. I don't know anyone clicking their heels to play a Maluma song at a club, party or in the car.

You may be right, he provides bops and thirst traps but not albums as bodies of work. The songs I like from this albums are the poppiest ones. I gotta say out of all the 5 albums by the most popular reggaetón artists this year his is one of my least faves. 

YHLQMDLG > Enoc > Colores = Papi Juancho 

I hate Anuel so I didn’t stream not one song 

Yellowfever
48 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Again, that is just your opinion. Imagine thinking those reggaeton singers are some kind of eminence or something , or “si ella no te mama el culo pa eso que no mame” is some kind of art :ahh:They all make commercial music in different genres, they’re no different from maluma in that aspect. Except most of them CAN’T sing or perform decently.

Yellowfever
1 hour ago, rta1913 said:

I’m sorry @Yellowfever I forgot about this thread :rip:

I don’t want you to think I am a Maluma hater. I actually kind of stan him. None of the other reggaetoneros have served anything like Felices Los 4. It is just that I am truly shocked he hasn’t had a top 10/15 album when all the others have. And I don’t understand why, he has a better presence in the Hot 100 and like you said bigger tour stats, but then why the heck people are not streaming his albums? At least not enough to get him a high debut. 

I was going to say maybe the lack of exposure or collabs with big US names: Bad Bunny with Cardi and Drake, Balvin with basically everyone, but then it’s not like Ozuna (Taki Taki was not that big in the US) or Anuel AA have. 

Maybe @SavagePapi is right and he has a “bubblegum” image. 

Having a mediocre peak at one chart does not mean the “US is rejecting Maluma”. The thread title is dumb, Maluma is far from being a flop in the US, he has DEMAND, not only there but globally. That’s why he’s the only one booking the O2 arena in London and other important arenas in Europe as well. J balvin, bad bunny, farruko, etc WISH. 

hummingbird12

Cuz he's gay just like ricky martin. 

TrieLz

All he need just an english song, spanish song didn’t do well on Hot 100. American radio won’t play the spanish song. 

except if it goes viral ala despacito.

dirrtydiana
On 9/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, SavagePapi said:

So is Maluma. Atleast he tries to be.

OT: I've said it for years. Take away the looks and he has minimal talent. He's basically all eye candy. 

I wouldn't go to say he's a skilled rapper, but he makes bops.

And I’ve said this for years: the bad bunnies and j Balbins atrl bandwagons for dont sing or rap OR have looks.
At least maluma has looks and a listenable voice and songs with a key and melody.

ot: same reason they don’t like Little Mix: TABS. The us only likes ABS. Little Mixs Confetti out Nov. 6th :heart2:

dirrtydiana
4 hours ago, HANZ94 said:

I remember people saying he was gonna be the next Ricky Martin or that he was already bigger than him

Ricky Martin sweetie :ahh:

Maluma has great songs/smashes with Shakira, Madonna AND Ricky. And he’s in a movie with jlo coming this Valentine’s Day.

ot: he’s smart/has a smart team. He’s more than just these mumble “reaggetoneros” will ever be with their quick microwaveable “bops” he’s becoming a celebrity here and being marketed in a smart way. Cant wait to see how he does in jlos movie for the valentines holiday

also stream little mix’s Holiday 

rta1913
8 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

Having a mediocre peak at one chart does not mean the “US is rejecting Maluma”. The thread title is dumb, Maluma is far from being a flop in the US, he has DEMAND, not only there but globally. That’s why he’s the only one booking the O2 arena in London and other important arenas in Europe as well. J balvin, bad bunny, farruko, etc WISH. 

They are rejecting his albums, there’s no workaround. I never said he was a flop because he is not: hit songs, high profile collabs, great touring stats, big celebrity status. 

I truly wanted to have a discussion why his albums are not resonating enough to hit top 10. I didn’t include the Hot Latin Albums because he’s been #1 there and such. 

After looking at the replies probably he’s looked at more of a singer while the others are more than likely grouped with the mumble rappers which is why the straights bros in the US stream their music. I’m just guessing though :michael:

Truth Teller

Other than Bad Bunny who's bigger than all of them (maybe the Drake collab helped too, but mostly he's just better, fresher and more interesting), all the others are on the same level. Balvin's album opening with 30k as opposed to Maluma's 18k is not a sizeable difference. Both albums were relatively unsuccessful in the US, especially in the long run.

UnusualBoy

Idk but he deserves Bad Bunny who sounds like he's dying in every song...

Yellowfever
33 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

They are rejecting his albums, there’s no workaround. I never said he was a flop because he is not: hit songs, high profile collabs, great touring stats, big celebrity status. 

I truly wanted to have a discussion why his albums are not resonating enough to hit top 10. I didn’t include the Hot Latin Albums because he’s been #1 there and such. 

After looking at the replies probably he’s looked at more of a singer while the others are more than likely grouped with the mumble rappers which is why the straights bros in the US stream their music. I’m just guessing though :michael:

A 8k difference in the debut week (compared to colores for example) is the US rejecting Maluma and loving J balvin? :toofunny2: The only artist in the list with great numbers is bad bunny, the rest are mediocre. Thankfully, Maluma has way more achievements in the US to prove he’s one of the most successful Latin artist atm in that country.

rta1913

Like I said @Yellowfever I am not hating on Maluma. I stan him. If anything I am pissed he’s not given his dues. 

F.A.M.E. and 11:11 were amazing albums, better than most of the other guys’ work. Balvin’s albums for example suck. 

But like you said he may be “lacking” in the albums department but he has so many other areas where he’s successful, and he’s still young so he still has more eras in him.

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

Other than Bad Bunny who's bigger than all of them (maybe the Drake collab helped too, but mostly he's just better, fresher and more interesting), all the others are on the same level. Balvin's album opening with 30k as opposed to Maluma's 18k is not a sizeable difference. Both albums were relatively unsuccessful in the US, especially in the long run.

Truth teller indeed :clap3: