Jump to content

Anitta f/ Cardi B & Myke Towers - "Me Gusta"


Monky_2405

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Angel94

    57

  • Artsy

    42

  • Stepfon

    36

  • Raver

    23

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 month later...
TheBritneyKiss

im 100% sure the funk drop ruined the songs potential. :rip: don't get me wrong, I stan funk but the world is not here for that yet. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all are doing too much. The song is fine and did moderately. I do think that they should move onto a new single asap. If she does English pop or reggaeton music she's selling out and becoming faceless and generic. She does Brazilian funk then y'all complain about it underperforming everywhere outside of her home country y'all are annoying 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
jakeisphat

I feel nervous for Anitta and hope they don't decide to shelve her American project. I was actually looking forward to it, but there has been nothing but silence since October. Hopefully Warner will give her the same chances they gave Dua before "New Rules" when her first 7 singles flopped in the US. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 5:33 PM, jakeisphat said:

I feel nervous for Anitta and hope they don't decide to shelve her American project. I was actually looking forward to it, but there has been nothing but silence since October. Hopefully Warner will give her the same chances they gave Dua before "New Rules" when her first 7 singles flopped in the US. 

Well it’s not the same situation as Dua. It was her debut overall and even if all her singles until New Rules had flopped in the US, she had scored a top 10, a top 15 and a top 30 in the UK, her main market. 
 

Anitta is not a newcomer and she’s had many high profile collabs so this should’ve done better. And while this did great in Brazil, this was not recorded to be a Brazilian hit, but a WW one. However, was this supposed to be a US hit? Cause the song is mainly in Spanish so... and I never saw a big push in LatAm. A messy rollout overall, I hope the next single does better.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
jakeisphat
55 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

Well it’s not the same situation as Dua. It was her debut overall and even if all her singles until New Rules had flopped in the US, she had scored a top 10, a top 15 and a top 30 in the UK, her main market. 
 

Anitta is not a newcomer and she’s had many high profile collabs so this should’ve done better. And while this did great in Brazil, this was not recorded to be a Brazilian hit, but a WW one. However, was this supposed to be a US hit? Cause the song is mainly in Spanish so... and I never saw a big push in LatAm. A messy rollout overall, I hope the next single does better.  

That's true that in Dua's case it was her debut, however, Anitta's main market is Brazil and she achieves multiple top 10 hits for every Brazilian album she releases. It wasn't until they had her focus on a worldwide album, Kisses, that her Brazil chart performance wasn't as strong. Although she has had many high profile collaborations, most of them are with artists that are primarily known in Latin America. Of the collaborations with American artists, she has only collaborated with Iggy, Swae Lee, Major Lazer and Cardi. The only one to chart in America was Me Gusta, which is her own song. Warner should have put more into it, but I suppose trying to push any artist in a new market is challenging in a pandemic when promotion is restricted.

 

I do believe this was supposed to be a US hit. Over the summer, Warner started laying the groundwork by announcing she was recording an American debut through multiple US publications including Rolling Stone and Billboard. Those articles focused on her tapping Ryan Tedder to write and produce her American debut, and sure enough, he is credited as a songwriter and producer on Me Gusta. She also did a Q&A with Ryan to promote the song on the week of its release. Despite it being mostly Spanish, I think Warner was hoping to capitalize on the recent surge of spanglish hits in America, such as Despacito, I Like It, Taki Taki, Mia, etc. 

Edited by jakeisphat
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badboidami
15 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Can we move onto a new single already 

Anitta or Cardi? Cuz if it's the latter... You gotta check her fanbase thread.  :celestial3:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SchmoodRing
11 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Anitta or Cardi? Cuz if it's the latter... You gotta check her fanbase thread.  :celestial3:

 

 

Anitta lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
iammadmat
On 1/7/2021 at 9:33 PM, jakeisphat said:

I feel nervous for Anitta and hope they don't decide to shelve her American project. I was actually looking forward to it, but there has been nothing but silence since October. Hopefully Warner will give her the same chances they gave Dua before "New Rules" when her first 7 singles flopped in the US. 

Don't be, i don't think her label was expecting for this to be a monster hit, it did pretty good on LATAM and it flopped on the US, i know it's for her american debut but it is what is, it's also her first official US release too, i think billboard posted an article about the album a few days ago + she was doing some photoshoot yesterday with a shirt that had ''girl from rio'' written on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
iammadmat
11 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Well it’s not the same situation as Dua. It was her debut overall and even if all her singles until New Rules had flopped in the US, she had scored a top 10, a top 15 and a top 30 in the UK, her main market. 
 

Anitta is not a newcomer and she’s had many high profile collabs so this should’ve done better. And while this did great in Brazil, this was not recorded to be a Brazilian hit, but a WW one. However, was this supposed to be a US hit? Cause the song is mainly in Spanish so... and I never saw a big push in LatAm. A messy rollout overall, I hope the next single does better.  

Actually Dua had better chances, she was doing pretty well in the UK/Europe before New Rules smashed, she had No Lie, Scared to be lonely etc (both were moderate hits not only in the UK but in other countries too). Anitta it's pretty much unknown in the english markets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, iammadmat said:

Don't be, i don't think her label was expecting for this to be a monster hit, it did pretty good on LATAM and it flopped on the US, i know it's for her american debut but it is what is, it's also her first official US release too, i think billboard posted an article about the album a few days ago + she was doing some photoshoot yesterday with a shirt that had ''girl from rio'' written on it. 

Do you know anything else? You saw the pictures?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
iammadmat
On 1/14/2021 at 5:40 PM, Peu said:

Do you know anything else? You saw the pictures?

She was in the studio with the producer of relación remix and she’s also recording more songs in Miami, sech and her recorded a song but I’m pretty sure it’s for his record and not hers, she’s also releasing a new song called “Loco” this Friday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SchmoodRing
On 1/13/2021 at 10:51 AM, iammadmat said:

Actually Dua had better chances, she was doing pretty well in the UK/Europe before New Rules smashed, she had No Lie, Scared to be lonely etc (both were moderate hits not only in the UK but in other countries too). Anitta it's pretty much unknown in the english markets.

Can we move onto a new single already? Where is GIRL FROM RIO? 

6 minutes ago, iammadmat said:

She was in the studio with the producer of relación remix and she’s also recording more songs in Miami, sech and her recorded a song but I’m pretty sure it’s for his record and not hers, she’s also releasing a new song called “Loco” this Friday.

She's becoming the Brazilian JLo. All these messy and unnecessary delays and remixes. Like clearly link up and come up with fresh material and promote it with a proper rollout or all this overexposure is basically going to waste. Is the Loco song by her or another feature?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
iammadmat
1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Can we move onto a new single already? Where is GIRL FROM RIO? 

She's becoming the Brazilian JLo. All these messy and unnecessary delays and remixes. Like clearly link up and come up with fresh material and promote it with a proper rollout or all this overexposure is basically going to waste. Is the Loco song by her or another feature?

 

She got listed by billboard (I think) as one of the most anticipated albums of 2021, in the article they mentioned that the album is coming in the first half of the year (I don’t remember exactly). 
 

I totally agree with the JLO comparison except Anitta is still getting hits in Brasil and Latam but her goal now is to breakthrough in the US and this is not helping. 
 

Loco is a song by anitta, not a feature. The single cover is a mess tho 💀💀

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...