Angelo

Is “Folklore” success what “Lemonade” & “ST” aspired to be?

BGKC
2 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

Apparently ATRL doesn't like talking about US. They only care about WORLD WIDE unless it pertains to Beyonce.

The way ST is still top 10 in basically all of Africa and the Caribbean means nothing to YTrl, they are irrelevant. 

argos
1 minute ago, BGKC said:

The way ST is still top 10 in basically all of Africa and the Caribbean means nothing to YTrl, they are irrelevant. 

Obviously it means nothing when you need to buy 2 albums to chart in the top 10 in those countries.

Scarface
9 minutes ago, argos said:

not you comparing YEARS old albums to one that was released 2 weeks ago... the clowns truly reveal themselves :bibliahh:

I'm also a Taylor fan...

I'm going to block you cause I have no time for the immaturity.

BGKC
7 minutes ago, argos said:

Obviously it means nothing when you need to buy 2 albums to chart in the top 10 in those countries.

Who said I was talking solely ITunes? The fact that 7/11, let alone a classic like Love On Top, outstreamed #1 hits Katy, Gaga, Rihanna, and Britney spewed over the last decade suggest the world swiftly moved on from so called “GlObal SmASh HitZ!!!11” and continued to stream LOCAL FLOPS BY HASBEYN

Edited by BGKC

Comedor
3 hours ago, byzantium said:

I am pretty sure Stranger Things was a bigger event than Folklore. 

:toofunny2:

Gui Blackout

They're very different projects.

folklore is truly about the music; the songwriting, the storytelling, the production, the talent. It is pure, with no distractions.

ST and Lemonade were visual albums, so the visuals were the center of attention, not the music. And unlike folklore, the music was very commercial mainstream pop/r&b.

Ultimately folklore was much bigger risk, a much greater project, and a stronger success.

BGKC
2 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

They're very different projects.

folklore is truly about the music; the songwriting, the storytelling, the production, the talent. It is pure, with no distractions.

ST and Lemonade were visual albums, so the visuals were the center of attention, not the music. And unlike folklore, the music was very commercial mainstream pop/r&b.

Ultimately folklore was much bigger risk, a much greater project, and a stronger success.

Honestly tho, I feel XO’s visuals were underwhelming compared to the song itself, which was glorious. Drunk In Love’s visuals were underwhelming too for it be the last biggest “hit” on the album. That’s without referring to the message she gave us with Flawless and Pretty Hurts... wyd, sis? 

Bayouboy
24 minutes ago, argos said:

If you want to go by worldwide, Taylor sold 1.2m in her first week EXCLUDING China sales. So...

You shifties really love China don’t y’all? Y’all need a Pink Lamborghini?

argos
14 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

You shifties really love China don’t y’all? Y’all need a Pink Lamborghini?

I just said those numbers were not including chinese sales... Of course that if you include them (as we all should because those are paid purchases) she obliterates every Beyoncé record :gaycat2:

argos
33 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Who said I was talking solely ITunes? The fact that 7/11, let alone a classic like Love On Top, outstreamed #1 hits Katy, Gaga, Rihanna, and Britney spewed over the last decade suggest the world swiftly moved on from so called “GlObal SmASh HitZ!!!11” and continued to stream LOCAL FLOPS BY HASBEYN

Are you ok? The desperation :priceless:

Broken

Yes.

BGKC
2 minutes ago, argos said:

Are you ok? The desperation :priceless:

Desperation?

I have never gone out of my way to downplay Taylor’s success the way you u go out of your way to downplay Bey’s. 

Lille

Folklore seems like a more encompassing moment just anecdotally among people in my life/social media, but all three eras were major events that the other girls haven't really even come close to.

genio

Lemonade and ST sweeties :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Outside of ghays and whatever her country following is, no one cared/cares for that album. Meanwhile Lemoande and ST had the whole world talking. I've yet to hear anyone irl mention anything Taylor related :skull: I heard so many people talk about Beyonce though. Now that base ain't ready for THAT conversation huh. Gonna come in with their stale chart receipts no one cares about in 3,2,1...

x7iNTuN.gif

bluebirdsforever
3 minutes ago, genio said:

Outside of ghays and whatever her country following is, no one cared/cares for that album. Meanwhile Lemoande and ST had the whole world talking. I've yet to hear anyone irl mention anything Taylor related :skull: 

kJa_GOei4qZv5zxqMoDe9Ja0cfbMvkNEFvAEwCzu

FAN
4 hours ago, iHype. said:

How were Lemonade & BEYONCE not as successful, if not, more successful?? :rip: Also the undeniable FACT those two albums made it a thing for mainstream artists like Taylor to be able to surprise drop an album with no traditional rollout. The absolute nerve to claim Beyonce who set the standard failed in comparison.

This screams trying to erase a black persons achievements/impact with whitewashing. Yikes.

I love how you have to resort to “you’re a racist!!!!” because you have no facts to back your argument up. :biblio: Folklore opened up with bigger numbers than both AND produced a #1 single. 

bluebirdsforever

Anyway, this thread is silly.

All three eras were events and did exactly what they set out to do.

Artistofthedecade
4 hours ago, naval23 said:

Folklore tried to do what "Beyonce" did initially with a surprise release

The fact "Beyonce" sold 600k+ with virtually NO NOTICE in its 1st week :clap3:

Self-titled is one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the 2010s (Folklore could never)

So no

And Taylor sold 844k which ı believe is more... 

Also Folklore is more acclaimed than ST. 

Also members of specific fanbase talks about metacritic of all people :rip:

3 hours ago, Winnie. said:

Self titled and lemonade were obvious much bigger events despite Folkore selling more, anyone denying that is delusional or just plain slow. 

So it is delusional to believe NUMBERS but it is logical to believe what makes YOU FEEL bigger... :ahh:

3 hours ago, Mariano said:

Lemonade and ST were both bigger, stop the crack :rip: 

Numbers say TOTALLY otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

Self Titled was such an iconic moment in history

I think we'll all glad ms. swift released a mature and HQ album finally 

This is actually her 7th mature and highly acclaimed albums in a row. 

3 hours ago, Scarface said:

What numbers? cause ST has sold 2.4m pure and Lemonade 2m pure, while folklore 850k.

Do you REALLY comparing 2013 and 2016 albums sales to 2020 one? In streaming era? :ahh:The mental gymnactics here. 

Album sales by year :

2013 - 289.4 million

2016 - 205.5 million

2019 - 112.7 million

2020 is probably under 100 million. 

Comparing YEARS old sales to 1.5 month is just another laughable thing. 

Folklore sold more than what ST or Lemonade sold in first 1.5 months and this tells enough. 

1 hour ago, Drive Bitch said:

No because folklore has no hits.  If Cardigan had been a big hit, then sure. 

Cardigan is bigger single than anything released from Lemonade. 

1 hour ago, Bayouboy said:

Folklore is highly forgotten 

It is still at the top of the Bilboard chart :ahh:

The delusion in this thread :dies:

iHype.
1 minute ago, FAN said:

I love how you have to resort to “you’re a racist!!!!” because you have no facts to back your argument up. :biblio: Folklore opened up with bigger numbers than both AND produced a #1 single. 

Folklore did 846k in 7 days, while BEYONCE did 617k in 3 days :huh: 

Cardigan is not even top 40 anymore, and the album came out barely 1 month ago. "Drunk in Love" was a bigger hit. 

Drive Bitch
1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Cardigan is bigger single than anything released from Lemonade. 

No, Formation at least had people talking for a couple of weeks. Cardigan is a total non-factor 

Oscar Isaac

The Beyonce eras feel bigger but there’s also like, a collapse of a country and a global pandemic overshadowing Taylor’s era right now.

Edited by Oscar Isaac

FAN
3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Cardigan is not even top 40 anymore, and the album came out barely 1 month ago. "Drunk in Love" was a bigger hit. 

617k is still smaller than 846k so regardless, Folklore did open with bigger numbers. It’s not Taylor’s fault Beyoncé wanted to be “edgy!!” and release in the middle of the tracking week. And you and I both know globally Folklore will be bigger than both in the end. 

Drunk In Love pulled a Million Reasons and got a high peak once due to promo. You know that. 

Broken
4 hours ago, naval23 said:

Self-titled is one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the 2010s (Folklore could never)

Metacritic:

BEYONCÉ: 85

folklore: 88

:psyduck:

Artistofthedecade
4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

ST sold 617k first week. It did 370k next week which roughly equal to 213k next 4 days. Total makes it 830k still less than 846k.

I don't even mention sales climate. 

4 minutes ago, Drive Bitch said:

No, Formation at least had people talking for a couple of weeks. Cardigan is a total non-factor 

"I felt"  "people talked" "but my area" 

tenor.gif?itemid=11722030