Angelo

Is “Folklore” success what “Lemonade” & “ST” aspired to be?

mcohen

This site lives in their own bubble I swear :deadbanana2:

Thankfully in 2020 we have access to streaming numbers, more charts and know Lemonade and Beyonce were not very different success wise

Edited by mcohen

Mark Rih

:ahh: 

this is SO disrespectful towards Beyoncé. 

MANUELF
44 minutes ago, Scarface said:

What numbers? cause ST has sold 2.4m pure and Lemonade 2m pure, while folklore 850k.

No one buys albums anymore, I assure you Beyonce wont sell either, also ST was 2013 and Lemonade 2017, Folklore 2020 and is the best selling album of the year, neither ST or Lemonade managed that

Bmezy

..why ya’ll do Beyonce like this?

BGKC

I’m genuinely curious as to what ATRL is experiencing with Folklore that makes it feel more eventful than ST, which was dropped in the middle of a WW tour. I can dismiss Lemonade because she did a lot to promote, but ST set and is the standard for surprise releases. Folklore is not. Plus the streaming era now compared to 2013 is vastly different, especially during a pandemic when streams are thru the roof. ST‘s recurrent streams > most MPGs albums over the last decade (as it approaches 3B streams)

Edited by BGKC

Scarface
8 minutes ago, MANUELF said:

No one buys albums anymore, I assure you Beyonce wont sell either, also ST was 2013 and Lemonade 2017, Folklore 2020 and is the best selling album of the year, neither ST or Lemonade managed that

Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016 tho.

BGKC
8 minutes ago, MANUELF said:

The fact that Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016...

MANUELF

Didnt 25 outsell her?

BGKC
Just now, MANUELF said:

Didnt 25 outsell her?

You got your years all mixed up, sis.
25 was released in 2015

Drive Bitch

No because folklore has no hits.  If Cardigan had been a big hit, then sure. 

hellocory

All 3 albums are successes. Not sure why any are being dragged when they curb stomped their peers each year they were released

MANUELF
4 minutes ago, BGKC said:

That’s decade end, where Adele and Drake rolled into with smash hits from 2015.

In 2017 this was BB’s tune 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/hip-hop/7775037/ifpi-beyonce-lemonade-highest-selling-album-2016-drake-song

Thats actually IFPI annual charts and they only count pure shipments(digital sales included) worldwide

BGKC
17 minutes ago, MANUELF said:

Thats actually IFPI annual charts and they only count pure shipments(digital sales included) worldwide

So is having the most pure shipments (the album was like $20 btw) in the streaming era without any global smash hits not saying something? 

Edited by BGKC

BnPac
2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

Didn't she make a music video for each song on the album?

And played with the controversy on lemonade.

Taylor literally released a video and went to sleep

Well, yes, a visual album is literally...that, a visual album. 
And played how? She made an album, released it and talked about her life just like Taylor does in all her albums. :rip:

Bayouboy
2 hours ago, argos said:

What is this post. folklore literally sold 820k in its first week with a 14 hour announcement and is one of the most acclaimed albums of 2020 :bibliahh:

Beyonce actually sold over 800k units WW in 3 days 

Bayouboy
1 hour ago, mcohen said:

This site lives in their own bubble I swear :deadbanana2:

Thankfully in 2020 we have access to streaming numbers, more charts and know Lemonade and Beyonce were NOT that big of eras. I don't know if they aspired to have folklore's success or not but folklore is definitely bigger

Folklore is highly forgotten 

rebeltwat

the ST hype was next level

Edited by rebeltwat

argos
10 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

Beyonce actually sold over 800k units WW in 3 days 

I was talking about the US only...

8 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

Interesting because it has just climbed back to #1 on AM Global 2 months after its release :gaycat2:

argos
1 hour ago, Scarface said:

What numbers? cause ST has sold 2.4m pure and Lemonade 2m pure, while folklore 850k.

not you comparing YEARS old albums to one that was released 2 weeks ago... the clowns truly reveal themselves :bibliahh:

Bayouboy
52 minutes ago, MANUELF said:

Didnt 25 outsell her?

What does 25 have to do with ST, Lemonade, and Folklore? Where is the correlation? Where was the mention in the OP? WHERE????

Bayouboy
3 minutes ago, argos said:

I was talking about the US only...

Interesting because it has just climbed back to #1 on AM Global 2 months after its release :gaycat2:

Apparently ATRL doesn't like talking about US. They only care about WORLD WIDE unless it pertains to Beyonce.

FailSafe
13 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

The three eras mentioned are successful but Folklore is literally the #1 album right now on BB200 how is it forgotten :deadbanana4:

argos
3 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

Apparently ATRL doesn't like talking about US. They only care about WORLD WIDE unless it pertains to Beyonce.

If you want to go by worldwide, Taylor sold 1.2m in her first week EXCLUDING China sales. So...