Angelo

Is “Folklore” success what “Lemonade” & “ST” aspired to be?

07tandu

14 pages for this :rip:

Lemonade and ST are very different albums to folklore and have way different stories to tell.

My Tears Ricochet
23 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Nobody in the real world is talking about Folklore. 

As if people still remember about Lemonade & Selftitled :dies:

In Taylor's case, I can say she has remembered albums, cuz she still has 1989, Red & Lover charting on BB 200, while Lemonade and Selftitled has left a long ago:dies:

Pretty sure more people care about Taylor's albums than Beyonce's "In the real world", since she's outstreaming and outselling Beyonce daily 

Feanor
47 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

So many years have passed but we are still talking about ST and Lemonade. Will the media or the general public even remember Folklore next year?

Seeing as how bad ST's and Lemonade's recurrent streams are, it seems like the GP doesn't remember those two albums either.

Fortunately, Taylor has amazing recurrent streams, so I have no doubt that the GP will remember folklore more than every Beyonce project since 2008.

BnPac

The way you guys can only talk about unit sales (streams and pure), those albums have no hits (which drive sales) and were not on any stream service during their chart run, I find their streams okay.

IASF is her album with better recurrent streams, because it’s driven by hits but it’s certainly not as impactful/remembered as 4, ST, LEM or even DIL. 
But yeah, congrats on the sales units. 
The premise and the title of the thread remain untrue, ST and LEM do not aspire to be anything more than what they are. And what they both achieved, was great enough. 

Edited by BnPac

Sergi91

Folklore is THAT album :foxaylove2:

DoctorIce

If it weren't for ATRL I wouldn't even know of Folklore's existence, unlike ST and Lemonade which felt like actual moments.

Then again, Taylor is more successful as an individual than Beyoncé due to having significantly less songwriters/producers to share credit with. 

Swings and roundabouts. :giraffe:

Fitzswiftie
On 9/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, Feanor said:

“Cultural Events!!!” yet both ST & Lemonade lacked longevity and have poor recurrent streams.

ST have 2.2b on Spotify despite being uploaded a year late.

Lemonade is also at 600m total, despite not coming to Spotify three years late.

Can’t argue with statistics 

Feanor
21 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

ST have 2.2b on Spotify despite being uploaded a year late.

Lemonade is also at 600m total, despite not coming to Spotify three years late.

Can’t argue with statistics 

And Taylor’s albums weren’t on Spotify for years either, loosing out on crucial placements on editorial and user-generated playlists, which prove streaming numbers, yet that doesn’t stop her albums from getting great recurrent streams. If there’s demand, the recurrent streams will be there:

Daily Spotify streams from a few days ago:

RED (2012): 1,486,526
Fearless (2008): 1,121,717

Lemonade (2016): 861,892
BEYONCÉ (2013): 684,223

Under 700k daily streams for an album with over 2 billion streams is quite poor, seems like there was lots of initial interest, but that interest seems to have faded.

Also last I checked, Lemonade failed to even reach 100 weeks on Billboard 200, and can’t even chart nowadays despite being available on all services, being her most recent studio album and having received boosts from all of Beyoncé’s activity since 2018...

Again, it seems like the GP isn’t really consuming these albums in 2020, ergo the lack of longevity on the charts and in recurrent streams 

Can’t argue with statistics indeed.

americanlife

Not necessarily. ST was a experiment and Bey took a risk by releasing an album with zero announcement or hints in 2013. She started the surprise release trend and ST is the reason why the industry moved to releasing albums on Fridays instead of the traditional Tuesday.

Edited by americanlife

Hot Volcano
2 hours ago, Feanor said:

So more than 50% of the streams for the album are from Love Story that went viral on Tik Tok? :rip:

Marla Singer

Taylor (nor anyone else) would never have been able to pull off that kind of release if Beyoncé hadn't paved the way.

And Folklore already feels more forgotten than ST or LEMONADE.

AvrilLaQueen

everybody knows Partition and Pretty Hurts, meanwhile nobody knows or can reference any Taylor Swift song from this new album

My Tears Ricochet
3 hours ago, Feanor said:

And Taylor’s albums weren’t on Spotify for years either, loosing out on crucial placements on editorial and user-generated playlists, which prove streaming numbers, yet that doesn’t stop her albums from getting great recurrent streams. If there’s demand, the recurrent streams will be there:

Daily Spotify streams from a few days ago:

RED (2012): 1,486,526

Lemonade (2016): 861,892
BEYONCÉ (2013): 684,223

Under 700k daily streams for an album with over 2 billion streams is quite poor, seems like there was lots of initial interest, but that interest seems to have faded.

Also last I checked, Lemonade failed to even reach 100 weeks on Billboard 200, and can’t even chart nowadays despite being available on all services, being her most recent studio album and having received boosts from all of Beyoncé’s activity since 2018...

Again, it seems like the GP isn’t really consuming these albums in 2020, ergo the lack of longevity on the charts and in recurrent streams 

Can’t argue with statistics indeed.

These receipts :gaycat3:

JonginBey
On 9/10/2020 at 2:14 PM, Digitalism said:

Didn't she make a music video for each song on the album?

And played with the controversy on lemonade.

Taylor literally released a video and went to sleep

All of the tracks after Cardigan are a snoozefest, so it makes sense that she did.

mcohen
7 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

So more than 50% of the streams for the album are from Love Story that went viral on Tik Tok? :rip:

Yes. What a classic! 

newwil7l
14 hours ago, BnPac said:

The way you guys can only talk about unit sales (streams and pure), those albums have no hits (which drive sales) and were not on any stream service during their chart run, I find their streams okay.

IASF is her album with better recurrent streams, because it’s driven by hits but it’s certainly not as impactful/remembered as 4, ST, LEM or even DIL. 
But yeah, congrats on the sales units. 
The premise and the title of the thread remain untrue, ST and LEM do not aspire to be anything more than what they are. And what they both achieved, was great enough. 

The way you have to resort to subjective eye tests like "impact" and "converstaion" because no objective measurements support your claims :toofunny3:

People lie. Numbers don't. I have yet to see any of this phony impact. Probably just typical media circle jerking which is the norm for Mrs. Knowles.

Edited by newwil7l

BnPac
10 hours ago, newwil7l said:

The way you have to resort to subjective eye tests like "impact" and "converstaion" because no objective measurements support your claims :toofunny3:

People lie. Numbers don't. I have yet to see any of this phony impact. Probably just typical media circle jerking which is the norm for Mrs. Knowles.

It’s funny how you don’t see that impact as your fave literally released her album that way THANKS to the way Bey released ST. 
Also Beyoncé is the reason your fave and every others release their albums on a Friday. Internationally, the release date is a Friday because Beyoncé release ST on a Friday. If that’s impact you can’t see, maybe the problem is YOU. 
You are right circle jerking media or wtv BS you guys keep regurgitating with limited discerning skills.  :lmao:

And I fail to see what « conversation » has to do with the post you quoted, as I said ST and Lem’s numbers are quite alright, comparing it to an album that recently had a song going viral from a singer that is not from her generation is only praise to those albums. 
Bey’s exact peers are Alicia Keys and Usher, that she’s always brought up in numbers comparison to pop artists is flattering enough and a testament to her longevity. 

Edited by BnPac

Armani👑
On 9/10/2020 at 9:40 PM, FAN said:

617k is still smaller than 846k so regardless, Folklore did open with bigger numbers. It’s not Taylor’s fault Beyoncé wanted to be “edgy!!” and release in the middle of the tracking week. And you and I both know globally Folklore will be bigger than both in the end. 

Drunk In Love pulled a Million Reasons and got a high peak once due to promo. You know that. 

Did you just compare Drunk In Love's chartrun to Million Reasons?:bibliahh:

Drunk In Love never left the top 20 before the grammy performance 

DancingShoes
1 hour ago, BnPac said:

It’s funny how you don’t see that impact as your fave literally released her album that way THANKS to the way Bey released ST. 
Also Beyoncé is the reason your fave and every others release their albums on a Friday. Internationally, the release date is a Friday because Beyoncé release ST on a Friday. If that’s impact you can’t see, maybe the problem is YOU. 

1 hour ago, BnPac said:

that she’s always brought up in numbers comparison to pop artists is flattering enough and a testament to her longevity.