St. Charles

Bigger re-peak: Bey or Gaga?

Bigger re-peak?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• BEY
    • GA

St. Charles

Both singers had a career revival which happened in the 2010s decade. Whose re-peak was larger?

495yGgk.gif

naval23

Beyonce in the USA: Beyonce & Lemonade were MASSIVE in the USA

Beyonce debuted with 600k+ on a SURPRISE release - her best sales week of her career

Lemonade was massive in pure sales and critically acclaimed

Gaga WW 

*-ChriZ-*

I thought we left the "4 was a flop era" threads in the past ever since RTW and LOT outstreamed a lot of #1s of their respective years as well as 4 crossing over 1 billion stream on Spotify?

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

Jai
Just now, *-ChriZ-* said:

I thought we left the "4 was a flop era" threads in a past ever since RTW and LOT outstreamed a lot of #1s of their respective years as well as 4 crossing over 1 billion stream on Spotify?

tea.

This thread is already tired. Leave Bey and Gaga alone lol. Literally asking for unecessary mess that members will fall for.

St. Charles
2 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I thought we left the "4 was a flop era" threads in the past ever since RTW and LOT outstreamed a lot of #1s of their respective years as well as 4 crossing over 1 billion stream on Spotify?

I'm not saying 4 is a flop at all, but it was just less successful than her previous years, until ST and Lemonade where she re-peaked. When I say "revival" I don't mean that their careers literally died or anything.

*-ChriZ-*
2 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

I'm not saying 4 is a flop at all, but it was just less successful than her previous years, until ST and Lemonade where she re-peaked. When I say "revival" I don't mean that their careers literally died or anything.

I totally get that, but Bey was never as out as Gaga was with Artpop and Joanne tbh. 

Otter

If we count ASIB then Gaga inevitably. If we're talking studio albums, Beyonce quite easily. Let's see if Gaga can serve longevity with Chromatica because maybe that can push it in her favour 

BGKC

Eh, I think they both made epic acclaimed comebacks all things considered, Bey came with one of the most acclaimed pop/contemporary R&B albums of the decade and Gaga came with one of the most successful soundtracks of the decade.

HabbGaga

In my country its 100% Gaga. Beyonce really isn't a thing here.

DesiredConsternation

Neither of them repeaked considering both eras sold considerably less than their debuts but Beyonce sold more according to IFPI so ill go with her. 

RudeBoy93

Gaga>beyonce has been in a free fall since IASF

BGKC
3 minutes ago, RudeBoy93 said:

Gaga>beyonce has been in a free fall since IASF

Imagine thinking BTW -> ARTPOP -> Joanne is less of a free fall then 4 -> ST -> LEMONADE

MONSTER NAVY
5 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Imagine thinking BTW -> ARTPOP -> Joanne is less of a free fall then 4 -> ST -> LEMONADE

the delusion right :ahh:

katyhudson

Lady Gaga since Beyonce never had a re-peak. She's always peaking and peaking and peaking!

trainsskyscrapers

Bigger repeak is definitely Gaga because she had a deeper valley (Artpop / Joanne) to come back from to achieve her A Star Is Born success. Time will tell if Chromatica is another backslide.

Beyoncé on the other hand has maintained a relatively consistent level. High streaming numbers have also buoyed 4, and will lift Self-titled and Lemonade towards the levels of her pre-2011 projects now that both projects are fully available.*

CSPC:

- Destiny's Child - 3M units

- Writings On The Wall - 18M+ CSPC units

- Survivor- 14.6M units

- Dangerously In Love - 15.9M units

- Destiny Fulfilled - 9.2M units

- B'Day - 13.8M units

- I Am... Sasha Fierce - 17.8M units

- 4 - 7.8M units

- BEYONCE - 7.6M units

- Lemonade - 4.3M units

- Orphan - 6M units

*The units for HOMECOMING: The Live Album will be split amongst each album its songs are from (helping these post-2010 albums further), and Everything Is Love × The Lion King: The Gift will be added to her Orphan section.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

St. Charles
9 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

CSPC:

- Writings On The Wall - 18M+ CSPC units

:rip:

I didn't know this album was that big. 

Margaux

Gaga>beyonce has been in a free fall since IASF (x2)

AbeHicks

People who like Gaga or dislike Beyoncé will say Gaga.

People who like Beyoncé or dislike Gaga will say Beyoncé.

Who cares?

At the end of the day. Both are killing it and they are giving their fans material so both the Hive and Little Monsters are winning. Not everybody has that.

eakjTwm.thumb.jpg.d803b996ced988e3cc2888

Edited by AbeHicks

Kékette

GaGa

MoonGoodandHappy

Even the Oscar winning moment in Gaga's career is bigger than the entire career of Beyonce. 

*-ChriZ-*
3 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Even the Oscar winning moment in Gaga's career is bigger than the entire career of Beyonce. 

Honey she won for a soundtrack.. u make it sound like she won an Oscar a la Cher or Barbra Streisand, which wasnt the case.

Brooke Candy
34 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Honey she won for a soundtrack.. u make it sound like she won an Oscar a la Cher or Barbra Streisand, which wasnt the case.

The fact that Gaga got nominated for Best Actress alone destroys Beys entire career

*-ChriZ-*
5 minutes ago, Brooke Candy said:

The fact that Gaga got nominated for Best Actress alone destroys Beys entire career

Nope it doesnt, it just means Gaga is a more acclaimed actress than Bey, which is factually correct while Bey is the more acclaimed musician, which is also factually correct.

KillingYourCareer
3 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

THANK YOU. 4 was a massive era

mcohen

Obviously A Star Is Born 

eakjTwm.thumb.jpg.d803b996ced988e3cc2888