kelly-clarkson

Christina Aguilera - "Reflection (2020)"

popmusicisdead

when will my Reflection (2020) show who i am INSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!

giphy.gif

:weeps:

aedeus
Posted (edited)

Well the last note is quite impressive, but I prefer the original version over this. It had a tenderness and simplicity really special.

In this new version the melody gets a little lost in behind the vocal arrangement, and Christina's voice sounds powerful but really raspy, it reminds me of Cher's voice sometimes...

All in all, this is still a nice version and I love the fact that Disney wanted Christina to sing this song again more than 20 years later.

Edited by aedeus

LanaXtinaFan

Christina's voice has been turning me off ever since she started with her new raspy tone, it's just not appealing to me anymore. HOWEVER, it WORKS on this song. This is the first time Christina's voice has given me chills in so long. Beautiful!

LandslideLisa

I love it!

Dylangaga

So good!!!:heart2:

totally slayed....

ReH2o

Overall:
#27 'Reflection' 2020 (=)

US Top Soundtracks:
#1 'Reflection' 2020 (=)
#7 'Reflection' 1998 (-1)
#8 Loyal Brave True (+1)

Global Digital Artist Ranking
#78 Christina Aguilera (+3)

WW songs:
#12 Reflection (=)

EU songs:
#25 Reflection (=)

therapywu
10 hours ago, Ami said:

I don't think she's a good singer. All she ever does is scream.

yeah, No.58 greatest singer of all time by Rolling Stone must be an awful singer. 

Tylerbv

Disappointed. Im an X fan and a huuge Mulan fan, but I loved her softer parts. Then she was just yelling and too fast

unbothered

This has me shook

.::Andreita::.

WOW I love this!! :jonny5:

TKO

She snapped :jonny6:

ThaInfo1

Wasn't expecting to like this more than the original. Doesn't feel like she shouting the whole time. 

Kool_Aid_King

So good!!!

Kanye West
Posted (edited)

Mediocre. She lowered the key making the song lose its power. It would be much more powerful if she sang it in the original key like this. It has also been sped up making the notes shorter which I don't like

Edited by Kanye West

Hot Volcano

I have this on repeat :smitten:

TrieLz

The original was my childhood song,

and when I hear this 2020 version bringback the old memories when I was a kid:weeps:

TayAlison89

US iTunes

#17 Reflection 2020

#170 Reflection (1998)

:duca: 

HazelHyphen
16 hours ago, aedeus said:

Well the last note is quite impressive, but I prefer the original version over this. It had a tenderness and simplicity really special.

In this new version the melody gets a little lost in behind the vocal arrangement, and Christina's voice sounds powerful but really raspy, it reminds me of Cher's voice sometimes...

All in all, this is still a nice version and I love the fact that Disney wanted Christina to sing this song again more than 20 years later.

It’s the same song sung by the same person years apart. The only logical thing for her to do was absolutely go nuts with it. We still have the original version that’s sweet and now we have this big, raw version that’s more dramatic. It wouldn’t have made sense for her to redo the song in the same styling imo. 

ReH2o

New peak on US iTunes: #15

:party:

Dula Peep
2 minutes ago, ReH2o said:

New peak on US iTunes: #15

:party:

She's coming! :duca:

.::Andreita::.
28 minutes ago, HazelHyphen said:

It’s the same song sung by the same person years apart. The only logical thing for her to do was absolutely go nuts with it. We still have the original version that’s sweet and now we have this big, raw version that’s more dramatic. It wouldn’t have made sense for her to redo the song in the same styling imo. 

Totally agree with you!! 

TinashesLighter
18 hours ago, aedeus said:

My exact thoughts.. I was thinking her voice has definitely changed with time and grown, but I was surprised when those Cher moments popped out. It's very full circle though and I love that Reflection is the song that started it all. The original has always been one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in my life

Dula Peep

this needs to be her 'Shallow' :clap3:

Lights and Waves

I can see her performing this at the Oscars.

And mess @ you all complaining her voice sounds different. It’s been like 20 years since Mulan :rip: of course her voice is going to be raspier