Ferret

Can we already deem Billie as a one hit wonder?

Ferret

Bad guy was a smash but the new single is going nowhere. She has put out singles after bad guy but had no impact. 

so can we already consider her as a OHW or we need to wait for more singles? 

Blank

everything I wanted was a multi-week, solo top 10 hit, what are you talking about :rip:

Jaffery
Posted (edited)

The bond song flopped and so did this new one which had a big radio deal and #1 on tth. People are probably just tired of the same old same old from her.

Edited by Jaffery
Edit

scenekiller

Do we realize this is 2020, and streaming numbers are really all that count at this point? swear yall act like a hit on the charts is more important than streaming sales, endorsements, or touring. Most artists would rather be successful longterm than a popular fad.

Billie had massive streaming numbers without ever charting before Bad Guy. I'm sure she's good with how her career is lol. As for My Future, we'll have to wait and see what the final streaming numbers are

lcylcy

Just because she has one monster hit

doesn’t make her other hits less of hits

Kylizzle

The radio staple Everything I Wanted + streaming smashes Lovely and When the Party's Over would disagree. In fact I would call WtPO one of the biggest songs of all time among Generation Z. Same with Ocean Eyes to a lesser extent. 

mcohen

Only if your fave has more streams than her on Spotify :thing:

Post Malone

Yes. 

Kylizzle

Body Talk

I'm still shocked she won AOTY off an album with really only one hit.

Ms. Togekiss
2 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

The radio staple Everything I Wanted + streaming smashes Lovely and When the Party's Over would disagree. In fact I would call WtPO one of the biggest songs of all time among Generation Z. Same with Ocean Eyes to a lesser extent. 

Tea. Teens play this song even at hype events. it’s just that big of a classic. And deservedly so since it is a masterpiece :clap3:

KillingYourCareer

Hmm, probably more of a one-era wonder

KillingYourCareer
Just now, Body Talk said:

Well, Grammys aren't supposed to award commercial success to start with.

Kylizzle
1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Tea. Teens play this song even at hype events. it’s just that big of a classic. And deservedly so since it is a masterpiece :clap3:

I know, which is funny because it's so melancholic :deadbanana:Yet people were getting their life to it and Ocean Eyes at my prom 

07tandu

Not people saying Billie only has one hit when like 7 songs from her album are multi platinum :psyduck:

R.E.M.

A smash album > 2-3 quick little singles peaking in the top 10 then free-falling. 

WWAFA is still charting within the Top 40 in every major market :rip: 

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
9 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Hmm, probably more of a one-era wonder

Is it fair to even classify her as a “One Era Wonder” with one studio album and an EP?

Mr. Venti
7 minutes ago, Body Talk said:

:toofunny2:

OT: lovely is at 1b and has AMAZING recurrents, when the partys over is also reaching 1b soon and she has lots of singles over 600mil. Not to mention her debut ep gets more daily streams than basically any pop girl era over a year old that is not her own debut album. She is far from a one hit wonder

scenekiller
7 minutes ago, 07tandu said:

Not people saying Billie only has one hit when like 7 songs from her album are multi platinum :psyduck:

These old gays are stuck in 2010 apparently :skull:

Companion

Why are you guys so obsessed with commercial success? She could've make another bad guy type of song to get another *commercial* hit but I feel like she is being loyal to her sound and fans. She still has so many fans and they are streaming which is all that matters in the end. 

quitedangerous

I-

her non-singles from her album did better commercially than some recent big singles by MPGs, she literally has 10 hits already without even lifting a finger :deadbanana2:

K$Ellie

only people over 30 would say this, y'all are just out of touch tbh

x9Iv6DQ.gif

Lindt

not even close :rip:

tiagol88

She's like the 3rd most streamed female act ever with a single album. She's not a one hit wonder with those streams lmao.

Raspberry Swirl
Posted (edited)

That's what happens when you only have one lugubrious caricature of a vocal style and every song sounds the same.

You would think the wise thing to do to maintain interest would be to release something livelier after a string of elegiac snoozefests. It's becoming more apparent that she is not capable of evolving and the brother's toolbox is empty.

Edited by Raspberry Swirl

Ash12345

Seems like a rather delusional claim to make considering she already has quite a few hits.