X~MoviePoP

Halle Berry Didnt Deserve Oscar in 2002?

Recommended Posts

X~MoviePoP

Halle did NOT win a golden globe, she did NOT win a BAFTA but she won the SAG. Even she was shocked when she won.

 

So did she deserve to win? I honestly think nicole or sissy would of won.

 

People hate on Monsters Ball and halles performance till this day. Many calling it disguisting and forgettable in a bad way.

 

Just as denzel wasnt necessarily suppose to win for training day. Russle crowe won most of the awards that year. 

 

Remember. If halle didnt win we may have still gone until 2020 with no black actress winning best actress..unless it woulf of equaled viola or gabourey winning as default years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyonSea

And she’s still the ONLY black actress to BA Oscar.

 

Viola should have won for The Help. She was so deserving. Even Merly knew and was uncomfortable accepting the award over her. 

Again, Viola would have won had she not committed the dreaded ‘category fraud’ for Fences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jezebelvictoria

Awards are so f*cking stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SelenaTheWinner

She deserved. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gui Blackout

Wbk, Sissy or Nicole deserved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X~MoviePoP

But i will say, if we are talking about the first black actress that should of won best actress before halle...angela bassett would be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cliche_display

She deserves what she has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eóghan

sorry booboo but this thread is racist

put that energy somewhere else

 

i don't have enough fingers to count the amount of white women underserving of an oscar, so leave this ONE black win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X~MoviePoP
24 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

sorry booboo but this thread is racist

put that energy somewhere else

 

i don't have enough fingers to count the amount of white women underserving of an oscar, so leave this ONE black win

U can keep ur racism try hardness. Im a black male and i fully just wrote why she most likely wasnt suppose to win. Just like denzel was not suppose to win.

 

The whole industry was shocked when she and denzel won.

 

She won for having sex with a white supremacists son. The end.

 

And like i said. Angela bassett should of won wayy before halle and had the crown of first black actress to win. Halle got lucky. Viola deserved. Gabourey deserved. 

 

Halle in frankie and alice > monsters ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikeymoonshine

Oscar politics is complicated, there are many many examples of times the winners were unexpected. 

Anyway here's a whole video someone made about Halle's win. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X~MoviePoP

Well this year we have halle, viola, jennifer hudson and andra day.

 

Hopefully they can atleast get nominated, let alone win. We will see how their performances do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Petty Bourgeoisie

She didn’t, but that’s hardly surprising. They’ve gotten Best Actress right maybe 10 times in their 90+ year history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kgeezy310

Sissy was expected to win, but I’m ok with Halle’s win.  

 

the shock of that evening was Russell Crowe losing to Denzel.  Russell’s bafta meltdown caused that paired with Denzel losing in a close race w Kevin Spacey in 2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donquizote

Yes, she didn't deserve to win that year. Sissy or Nicole should have won. Viola was supposed to be the first Black Actress to win for The Help :cm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

U can keep ur racism try hardness. Im a black male and i fully just wrote why she most likely wasnt suppose to win. Just like denzel was not suppose to win.

Why are you diminishing black people accomplishments for other white people? Do you know how hard it was (and still is) for black people to break into Hollywood? Their wins were monumental and well deserved, and there still hasn’t been a black woman to win Best Leading Actress & that was 18 years ago. Delete this :rip:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onapearl

Of all the whites who didn't deserve their wins, you question the one black woman.

 

The Oscars are like the Grammys, which are like the Emmys, which are like every single other 'prestigious' entertainment awards that are determined entirely by industry political pull. None of it means anything, if we're being honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X~MoviePoP
5 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Why are you diminishing black people accomplishments for other white people? Do you know how hard it was (and still is) for black people to break into Hollywood? Their wins were monumental and well deserved, and there still hasn’t been a black woman to win Best Leading Actress & that was 18 years ago. Delete this :rip:

 

 

Once again. Did u read what i wrote? Their wins of course are monumental. But u think anyone in the black community cares for halles performance in monsters ball? Ppl still roast it and black twitter still drag her for it. The industry sure didnt care for it and thats why everyone was shocked she won. Like i said she got lucky. Angela didnt.

 

That win was not well deserved. The politics of it got her the win. The end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X~MoviePoP
6 minutes ago, onapearl said:

Of all the whites who didn't deserve their wins, you question the one black woman.

 

The Oscars are like the Grammys, which are like the Emmys, which are like every single other 'prestigious' entertainment awards that are determined entirely by industry political pull. None of it means anything, if we're being honest.

Thats why people are scared to question the win because shes the first black woman. But i can tell u, none of us black ppl give 2 craps about halle in monster ball. We bring up cisley tyson, whoopi goldberg, angela basett. But halle in monsters kkk ball? Pfft plz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
getback
1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Halle did NOT win a golden globe, she did NOT win a BAFTA but she won the SAG. Even she was shocked when she won.

 

So did she deserve to win? I honestly think nicole or sissy would of won.

 

People hate on Monsters Ball and halles performance till this day. Many calling it disguisting and forgettable in a bad way.

 

Just as denzel wasnt necessarily suppose to win for training day. Russle crowe won most of the awards that year. 

 

Remember. If halle didnt win we may have still gone until 2020 with no black actress winning best actress..unless it woulf of equaled viola or gabourey winning as default years later.

SAG is like 30% of the Oscars voters so... :cm:  she also won National Board of Review as well :cm: 

GG doesn't mean ****, you can win GG and not nominated for Oscars :cm: 

at the end of the day, all that matters is that she won. people don't remember 90% of Oscars winning performance anyway, but they love "Academy Award winner" in a trailer :fan: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thinking Of You
15 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Once again. Did u read what i wrote? Their wins of course are monumental. But u think anyone in the black community cares for halles performance in monsters ball? Ppl still roast it and black twitter still drag her for it. The industry sure didnt care for it and thats why everyone was shocked she won. Like i said she got lucky. Angela didnt.

 

That win was not well deserved. The politics of it got her the win. The end.

I don’t care. This gives ammunition to white people to talk mad **** about black people. Delete this seriously. 
 

Angela was robbed for What’s Love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chemist

Monster Ball was forgettable abut I thought Halle did a really good job on it!

The way her career came to an end after the win though :rip:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stegeo

Renée should've won. And once again a year later for Chicago:gaycat2:

In all seriousness, I don't think Halle was that bad in the movie, this Oscar win isn't that atrocious as people make it out to be. I just feel like the role was offensive to black community that's why they drag it. Politics won her that Oscar indeed. And it certainly helped that Spacek already had an Oscar. As for Kidman, she was never winning with simply comedy GG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cruelcooper

was she the most deserving to win that year? maybe not. but i'm glad she was recognized and did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.B GAGA

Agreed she deserved in her earlier work and even her later work. Anyway Hollywood rewards black actors when they play stereotypes but when they have solid work, they are paid dust most times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yonsé

y'all can just say you hate black women and go.

 

how DARE you criticize the only Black woman in the Academy's almost 100 year history to win the award for BA and say she didn't deserve her award. f*ck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites