Ribs

Is reputation a streaming poison ?

mcohen
Posted (edited)

No. I don't understand the obsession with making it seem like reputation does badly on streaming. It is nearly getting outstreamed by Fearless because Fearless had two songs that went viral (Love Story mega-viral) last week. reputation didn't collapse down to Fearless numbers, but rather Fearless increased to rep numbers 

Most of ATRL faves (Not the new girls) have one album, maybe two getting over 1m streams a day. Attempting to pass off 1.3m-1.4m daily as a flop or "streaming poison" is ridiculous

Edited by mcohen

peterstyles13
6 minutes ago, mcohen said:

No. I don't understand the obsession with making it seem like reputation does badly on streaming. It is nearly getting outstreamed by Fearless because Fearless had two songs that went viral (Love Story mega viral) last week.  reputation didn't collapse down to Fearless numbers but rather Fearless increased to rep numbers 

Most of ATRL faves (Not the new girls) are lucky to have one album, maybe two getting over 1m streams a day. Attempting to pass off 1.3m-1.4m daily as a flop or "streaming poison" is ridiculous  

:cm:

𝕵𝖚𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖓

reputa singlehandedly transformed me from an OTH to a stan leave the good sis alone :chick3:

Lover has classics Cruel Summer, False God, & Miss Americana so it's not her worst album :gaycat4:

4Real
21 minutes ago, Dealer said:

It's a much more consistent album than Lower,but swifties are not ready for that conversation 

Consistently bad, yes.

OT: It's her second worst album and also very dated so I see why classics like Red and 1989 are above it.

mcohen
Spotify Daily - reputation  8/3/2020
Ready For It? 114,237
End Game 112,551
I Did Something Bad 95,579
Don't Blame Me 64,297
Delicate 234,272
Look What You Made Me Do 222,086
So It Goes… 40,457
Gorgeous 111,677
Getaway Car 100,638
King of My Heart 48,321
Dancing With Our Hands Tied 58,729
Dress 47,456
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things 41,990
Call It What You Want 81,122
New Years Day 36,941
Total 1,410,353

A streaming smash :cm:

dreampop

these names :jonny2:

reputa

loser

198Divine

Godlore

Holiest Dreams
1 hour ago, Brando said:

Her worst album. 

This. Streaming poison, radio poison, charts poison in general, critics poison... at least it has a big tour, I guess. Otherwise it’ll always remain her worst album and era, and the stats prove that.

cassandrae

This era wasn't that bad.. Her self titled era kind of stinks (to me)..

RobynYoBank

The consequences of the avant-garde :clap3:

ReH2o

her best sometimes lost

bluebirdsforever

Reputation has grown on me with time, but I don't think it's a stretch to say the era as a whole didn't connect the way Taylor thought it would.

PoisonPill

Why do you... write like that 

Taylor fanboy
32 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Why do you... write like that 

This. :ahh:

OT: If reputation is streaming poison, then Lover is a streaming corpse. The way it hasn’t surpassed it on all streaming services combined with all the odds against reputation. Even the reaction videos of reputation are streamed more than Lover’s. Indication of how GP is curious and hungry of reputation.

Ribs
7 hours ago, mcohen said:

Most of ATRL faves (Not the new girls) have one album, maybe two getting over 1m streams a day. Attempting to pass off 1.3m-1.4m daily as a flop or "streaming poison" is ridiculous

I was talking about for her standards of course. She has been the most streamed woman in US without any new project for weeks before godlore dropped. :clap3:

Ribs
1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

OT: If reputation is streaming poison, then Lover is a streaming corpse. The way it hasn’t surpassed it on all streaming services combined with all the odds against reputation.

I mean ... Lover will pass it, it isnt even 1 year old ? 

Not reaction videos being an indicator though :skull:

Villas

Yes and the worst on her discography even the country girl with fake accent from her debut stomps on that

mcohen
3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

OT: If reputation is streaming poison, then Lover is a streaming corpse. The way it hasn’t surpassed it on all streaming services combined with all the odds against reputation. Even the reaction videos of reputation are streamed more than Lover’s. Indication of how GP is curious and hungry of reputation.

I get what you are saying but you mean lover hasn't outstreamed reputation on Spotify + YT combined. I'm sure if we considered Amazon Music and Apple Music numbers the story would be different 

Cookies n Cream

Her worst album

Icarus

Her most streamed album :sorry: 

Anthurium

The messy single choices and no promo thing kind of hindered its performance in the long run and its GP reception but it is no streaming poison when 6 (almost 7) tracks are doing 100k+ per day :cm: The album tracks are doing good knowing the album was held back from streaming services for 3 weeks. I was expecting it to be a disaster according to the thread title but the receipts @mcohen presented prove otherwise :alexz2: