Ribs

Is reputation a streaming poison ?

Ribs

reputa was outstreamed by sacRed, 198Divine and Winner (of course) in July in Spotify.

After GODlore was dropped, the sacRed was only 3 places lower than rep in BB200, even though rep had an 5 YEARS of edge.

Winner is predicted to outstream the total streams of reputa in Spotify by the end of ... September ?

Why is this the case with reputa ? Will reputation start being outstreamed by Fearless in the near future ? Discuss. 

Rei

Not when it’s her most streamed album and also her best album.

Keep trying.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

Brando

Her worst album. 

Ribs
3 minutes ago, Rei said:

Keep trying.

It's her least acclaimed album to date and it will be outstreamed by Winner although it was released in 2017.

Maybe try again ? 

LittleDreamer

Yes, but Loser will be forgotten with her by next year. Poor it!
Classics like folklore, 1989, Red, Fearless and Speak Now will remain as usual.

bad guy

Yes. Panned too.

Thankfully she dropped that sound but at least it has better highlights than Loser :coffee2: 

selena_lavigne

i still don't understand how Swifties can hate reputation. it's so cool.

Ribs
Just now, LittleDreamer said:

Yes, but Loser will be forgotten with her by next year. Poor it!
Classics like folklore, 1989, Red, Fearless and Speak Now will remain as usual.

Winner is still pulling very decent streaming numbers and still in charts, mostly top 50, even before the GODlore event. It wasn't going to anywhere, and with this big of a push, the numbers indicate that, ME!, YNTCD and Lover will be staples in her discography.

BlooRiverAnimal

Her best album

Mercurio

Reputation is my girl so no. 

Ampersand13

I just... 

I mean, obviously Taylor’s reputation (not pun intended) improved immensely from when rep was released to when Lover was released. The latter had better reviews, more songs, better performing singles, and A LOT more promotion. It’s also tremendously more accessible. 

But in my opinion, and it’s funny you made this thread right as I was listening to reputation, I think it gets unfairly criticized. It’s leaner, more cohesive, and maintains highs that match Lover’s in my opinion. And it’s held up well over three years. I think it’ll go down as Taylor’s underrated masterpiece in my opinion. 

Artistofthedecade

No, it just doesn't have a hit as remembered as singles from Fearless, Red and 1989. 

I wouldn’t call 2.5 Billion streamed album as streaming poison.

Ribs
1 minute ago, selena_lavigne said:

Thats the thing, we dont hate it, and most of Atrl swiffers think that rep is her best album. Then why dont they stream it ? 

Winner is closing the gap on WW SPS units on reputa as well. The former is just looking like a better chart performer. 

skwonderfactory

Her second best album and a masterpiece.

selena_lavigne
Just now, Ribs said:

Thats the thing, we dont hate it, and most of Atrl swiffers think that rep is her best album. Then why dont they stream it ? 

Winner is closing the gap on WW SPS units on reputa as well. The former is just looking like a better chart performer. 

i stream it on Apple Music :cm:

Ribs
Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

No, it just doesn't have a hit as remembered as singles from Fearless, Red and 1989. 

I wouldn’t call 2.5 Billion streamed album as streaming poison.

After one of the biggest pop eras of all time, having 5 full hits with 2 mega hits, an AOTY award and a diamond album, her comeback should have pulled those numbers in a shorter amount of time, dont you think?

Madame X

will lover hold up better than it in the long run? ive alwaeys thought lover would be her least successful era so this is kinda shocking.  i guess lwymmd really turned people off and didnt have longevity (even though it is a masterpiece)

Badgalbriel

No, it just lost a bunch of streams from the first three weeks that it wasn't available on streaming. 

Rev8
17 minutes ago, Rei said:

Keep trying.

:cm:

Loser can stay jacking off

Ribs

Yeah we get it Atrl you hate Lover, and you guys drag ME! into every argument about Lover like it doesnt have 17 other songs in it. How is this related to reputation being a low performer, especially in streaming side. It is going to get outstreamed by fearless if it drops like this, but you guys are like loser this loser that :skull:

Artistofthedecade
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ribs said:

After one of the biggest pop eras of all time, having 5 full hits with 2 mega hits, an AOTY award and a diamond album, her comeback should have pulled those numbers in a shorter amount of time, dont you think?

After not putting the album to streaming for weeks to boost pure sales, being long time anti streaming in your biggest era just before it and due to it, reputation is being your first era in streaming, things were going to hurt Reputation's streams in the long run, don't you think? :eli:

I don't get the Lover hate in this site as well tho :biblio:

People switched fast after Folklore. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Dealer
21 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Most of them are cupcakes that enjoy albums like Loser.Then we get sh*t like ME!th and they act surprised and think it's for a kid's movie soundtrack :dies:

Reputation is her least acclaimed album because of the hate campaign Taylor was going through 3 years ago.It's a much more consistent album than Lower,but swifties are not ready for that conversation 

OT: She was dumb and killed the era by not promoting Reputation and releasing the wrong songs as singles.At least the tour was beautiful and successful 

eli's_rhythm
24 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

No, it just lost a bunch of streams from the first three weeks that it wasn't available on streaming. 

Omg I forgot about this. It would surely have at least 400M more streams. Probably more because it would’ve been more promoted on Spotify.

Ribs
7 minutes ago, Dealer said:

It's a much more consistent album than Lower,but swifties are not ready for that conversation 

What do you mean? Nearly every swiftie in here thinks like that. I dont get why you all act as if reputa is objectively a masterpiece and all. I think it was an overproduced album and it had very generic melodies with the boring Max Martin touch. Lyrical content wasnt that good as well. Dont get the cupcake argument when Lover had political layers more than any of her albums and her lyrics were mature and self-aware, as well. 

But yeah lets insert here ,hey kids spelling is fun, lyric and call it a day because that is not a tired-ass example.

callmedecember

i think that while red, speak now, folklore and lover are more universal and have more longevity, reputation is more a product of its time we can argue that it's an album about falling back in love but it was also deeply touched by all the drama that surrounded her between 2015/2016 and mid-2017 (obvs) so i see it more as an statement that as something that was meant to age so i think that's the reason why it's being outstreamed (fearless and selftitled are a weird case for me because i don't see them very long-lived or universal but i also don't see them as much a product of their times as reputation idk)

ps: i know every album is a product of its time and was based on what she lived at the time but i didn't know how to word it