nooniebao

Rolling Stone: “Tinashe wants to abolish all genres”

nooniebao
Posted (edited)

Edited by nooniebao

monstereo

Yikes, you expect anyone to spend their time reading all that for Tinaesha of all people? :rip:

arianuh
8 minutes ago, monstereo said:

Yikes, you expect anyone to spend their time reading all that for Tinaesha of all people? :rip:

I read it for Tinashe. You came into this thread for what reason? To be annoying?

ot. I understand where she’s coming from, I always wondered why black female singers were labeled as R&B when their music sounded more pop and how white female singers are rarely listed as R&B when their music is far from pop 

Cute

The folklore stan has SPOKEN :gaygacat5:

éclat

Why is this joker always trying to look stupid?

BlueTimberwolf

@nooniebao  you're not allowed to post whole articles

Kimi

and yet she’ll end up releasing pop music with r&b flare :coffee2:

nooniebao
4 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

@nooniebao  you're not allowed to post whole articles

Noted! Thanks.

alfonso12

Well, in my experience, it’s been a lot of if your song doesn’t fall into the top 40. I guess that that’s usually the end all, be all — for what? What makes those performances happen? And there’s so many incredible artists who don’t fall into the top 40 formula. So many. And they’re just extremely underrepresented in those spaces. The diversity is so, so, so, so, so not there and it’s really obvious. We see the same performers every year, and that’s not to knock those performers. Everyone is obviously amazing and deserves their spot, but there’s room for more people. There’s more diversity in music and art than is shown in the in the mainstream space.

This tea though. I wish we could get to see more of artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Tove Lo, Charli XCX, BANKS, FKA twigs and many others (including Tinashe herself) in award shows, late night shows and all that.

raven
37 minutes ago, monstereo said:

yikes, you rushed into this thread to post this? :rip:

OT: queen :clap3: I love how open she's been ever since she left RCA 

Rev8

Queen :clap3:

Forward thinking legend

who are the losers here who like to hate on T?
So odd

FefeDobson
29 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

This tea though. I wish we could get to see more of artists like Carly Rae Jepsen, Tove Lo, Charli XCX, BANKS, FKA twigs and many others (including Tinashe herself) in award shows, late night shows and all that.

Agreed. Although I think the biggest problem is the labels don't invest. I mean look - Scooter Braun invested heavily in Tori Kelly. Got her big award show performances, etc. She has built a big enough fanbase to tour yearly and do decent. I don't think artists like Carly Rae, Tinashe, FKA, etc. are asking for the world, but all they need is a little extra push and it could go along way. The fact that are so many talented artists get swept under the rug by radio, the public, etc. is so frustrating to me.

Zatanna

yall are so hateful towards her, for what? 

HASHTAGPOW

Invented genreless

Madame X

Hm sorta agree with her.  Genres are good for labeling but bad for some artists sometimes cuz they get boxed in by their labels 

Indie Go Mind
2 hours ago, monstereo said:

2 hours ago, éclat said:

Why is this joker always trying to look stupid?

I suggest 2 full listens of Tinashe's Songs For You and a listen of her new single Rascal as a remedy for that negativity. :fan:

nooniebao
2 hours ago, FefeDobson said:

Agreed. Although I think the biggest problem is the labels don't invest. I mean look - Scooter Braun invested heavily in Tori Kelly. Got her big award show performances, etc. She has built a big enough fanbase to tour yearly and do decent. I don't think artists like Carly Rae, Tinashe, FKA, etc. are asking for the world, but all they need is a little extra push and it could go along way. The fact that are so many talented artists get swept under the rug by radio, the public, etc. is so frustrating to me.

Carly and twigs shouldn’t be included in that list tbh. Carly has one of the biggest hits of the 2010’s, can still tour internationally, book festival slots, release seemingly whenever she wants and the Kiss album and  I Really Like You got decent promo pushes. FKA twigs is super acclaimed, can tour internationally and frequently appears on big festival lineups.