Redstreak

Does Taylor Swift need the super bowl?

Redstreak
Posted (edited)

Every artist never gets more attention in their career than when they do the Super Bowl, with it usually being an acts last attempt at remaining relevant or with the show being the swan song to an era. For Taylor however, on her eighth album with just her name alone, got an album track to go #4. The last MPG to perform there played their current single as the big centerpiece but only managed to make it go #5 once everything was said and done. Is the half time show just not needed for Ms Swift? :celestial5:

Edited by Redstreak
Edit

Dante

it's not like superbowl will secure your career, it can help to your current single but that's about it.

I don't think she can do it with her performing skill and music, I mean she could but it wouldn't be on level of katy, madonna, gaga, jlo, shakira...

selena_lavigne
Posted (edited)

literally every time she releases an album it's a bigger event than the superbowl half-time show. :cm:

Edited by selena_lavigne

éclat

Absolutely not but she needs to stay away from the mess and controversy. 

Miss Americana

No,the superbowl needs her

𝕵𝖚𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖓
Posted (edited)

tmp_FSRGJW_28889ef81a8a830b_tumblr_pca5v

Yes, she will be serving reputation tour but with folklore aesthetics :gaycat2: 

Edited by 𝕵𝖚𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖓

Mr. Stratus

I would like to see if she is as performance/promo sensitive as other artists. Some have done Superbowl and the effect on catalogue sales has been minor.

I think she does need it yes. It's a career landmark, she is not someone who is known for her singing and dancing, and it could really help her touring career. 

Artistofthedecade
Posted (edited)

Taylor doesn't need Superbowl, they need her :eli:

But if Taylor performs in Superbowl, ı believe it will create so much noise. Especially it might help her if she performs before her tour like other artists. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Jaay

Could you imagine the STOMP is she released an album right after a half time performance? This chick already STOMPS with zero promo, but imagine if she says “My new album drops right after this” right at the end of the performance?

Rith
12 minutes ago, Dante said:

I don't think she can do it with her performing skill and music, I mean she could but it wouldn't be on level of katy

:rip:

anyways, she doesn't need it right now but once she starts tohave a gaga like trajectory in her carreer she can do t for a quick lil' #1 single+album, she should save this "get out of jail" card for now.

dussel_06

Nahhh. The halftime show is not that of a big deal nowadays. Leave that to justin bieber, shawn mendez, dua lipa, ariana grande, etc. 

The MPGs now have legacies bigger than the superbowl. Taylor, Rihanna and Adele for example don’t really need it. It would to more harm than good because of its controversies.

Badgalbriel

I don't think artist should associate with the SB for the next few years. 

She also does not need it at all. 

Buffy
29 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

No,the superbowl needs her

Tistotal
25 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I would like to see if she is as performance/promo sensitive as other artists. Some have done Superbowl and the effect on catalogue sales has been minor.

I think she does need it yes. It's a career landmark, she is not someone who is known for her singing and dancing, and it could really help her touring career. 

She doesn't need anything to help her "touring career". She already is a touring force :deadbanana2:

no, she doesn't need it. maybe they would need her :cm:

MONSTER NAVY
34 minutes ago, Jaay said:

Could you imagine the STOMP is she released an album right after a half time performance? This chick already STOMPS with zero promo, but imagine if she says “My new album drops right after this” right at the end of the performance?

literally 4 million in the first week alone. 

MONSTER NAVY

not now. she should do in her last era as one last hoorah

WildOne

Honestly if she does the Super Bowl they should give her a half hour, she has SO many hits to cover, even that much time would snub a lot of amazing music.

JawBreaker
41 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Taylor doesn't need any help with her touring career lmaooo. She literally holds the record for the highest grossing tour OF ALL TIME IN THE US. :zzz:

Feanor

She doesn’t need it, but I can see her doing it sometime in 2nd half of this decade.

Ofc if the NFL resolve their issues first.

Badgalbriel
55 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

She's the biggest touring artist in the US alive :rip: 

Ampersand13

She is lowkey above it. Will she be forever? Obviously not, but it’s definitely not something she ‘needs’ as of right now if that makes sense 

selena_lavigne
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Stratus said:

she is one of the biggest touring forces ever. i don't know what she could do to really make it bigger. when I saw her in New Jersey for the rep tour I felt like we were in a whole other planet like idk there were so many people and leaving the venue was a MESS hundreds of thousands of people flooding out. and to think she did that 3 times in a row :jonny5:

it really blew me TF away like all those people united by Taylor Swift i couldn't imagine having 200,000 people in the same room staring at me and entertain them all and interact with them. like wow.

Edited by selena_lavigne

peterstyles13

Maybe in a decade or 2 

sGB8Qgp.gif

peterstyles13
1 hour ago, Mr. Stratus said:

she is not someone who is known for her singing and dancing, and it could really help her touring career. 

She's the biggest touring female artist of this generation already

sGB8Qgp.gif

Cute

the superbowl is kinda a joke and personally i think it peaked a long time ago. Maybe it will become a thing again in the future but i dont find it entertaining anymore. Also a superbowl performance does not guarantee much. Katy performed at the superbowl and look at her now. She is doing much better without it