LIMA

Did my generation's idols... abandon me?

sweetkiss

I have no idea what this thread is about, i hit 30 and I feel young as ever. Just more confident and happy how the years go by.

I follow music, so I dont feel like nothing is going on when my favorite artist is on hiatus, I dont know, spread your horizons lol.

Britney was my 'idol' when I was like 11, later on, I just liked her voice, now I respect her as an icon and legacy act.

I dnt expect Britney to reinvent anything anymore. 

Soda Pop Queen

The business drastically changing like it has in the last 15 years is what has forced the early millennium pop stars to either a) adjust in their own ways or b) get left behind and left out of current conversations.

They can't help that its different times. Also, you have to take personal lives into account. Having to deal with life's twists and turns on top of a rapidly changing industry will take its toll. It's always been a changing industry but it used to be at a steady pace where artists could catch up in their own time or even make commercial comebacks in their middle-age but now it moves at warp speed (like everything now) and they dispose of superstar acts more quickly than they used to.

Blackthorn
13 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

No idea why the OP is lowkey being attacked, he's not saying anything unreasonable.

Right? The patronizing/condescending replies to OP are just weird... 

14 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Nothing is eventful anymore, music is boring, videos are boring, performances are boring, award shows are not events anymore. Streaming has ruined everything in some way since artists don’t have to do anything nowadays

:'( I especially agree on the performances, award shows and streaming part. 

GlitterfiedCyrus
15 hours ago, jezebelvictoria said:

So move on. :ace: Stop worrying about certain celebrities and find new songs as time goes on. The actual problem is people obsessing over certain celebrities and acting like they're really in it just for the music. If that was the case they'd continue to release music regardless of the hits or money. Instead they wait years because they're rich so they don't have to care. Stop having celebrity :mrpeanut:idols:mrpeanut:. They're just people who got lucky in life. It's childish and you're apparently feeling old for 27 yet haven't moved on from a young mindset of caring about celebrities and feeling abandoned by them. Grow up. 

you're literally on a pop music forum, chill the superiority complex lol. 

prézli
16 hours ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

Bey is keeping us FED after 22 year old career, and she feels better than ever so can't relate:michael:

She will never top Crazy in Love.

-

I'm as old as you and I felt the same a several years ago. Now I'm happy with current music, I think 2020 delivers the best music since late 2000s so far! Yeah, old pop girls are lame, even I don't like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift, but internet has opportunities to infinity. I keep discovering new artists, so I listen to them. I don't wait for a new Xtina/Britney/etc. album anymore. I listen to them when they come, but it's not like watching music channels all day to discover new music when everyone can share music nowadays. So, they got lowkey replaced...?

MrPiggyMoka
1 hour ago, prézli said:

She will never top Crazy in Love.

She did many times lol

Hongbin

Find new artists to stan maybe?