BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Favorite video games?

Gaming systems youve owned?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these have you owned?

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

www.youtube.com_-1026x500.jpg

So I personally played Sonic, F-Zero, Pokemon and Mario Kart/Party alot when I was younger.. I didnt play any super heavy rpg games until I was much older :kitty:

Once I found out about fighting games though I never played anything else :rip: I would have to sneak and play MK in secret because my mom wouldnt let me play it :rip: When I wasnt playing it I had to hide to cartridge/game case because if she saw it she would throw it out :skull:

What about you guys? What were some of your favorite video games to play when you were younger?

YTliOWY3MzlkNzI1OTM2YmY0Y2ViMGExZjQ4Y2Fk

wii_essential_games.jpg

nSMhPi_ZwCSfzlnz7No_YTzjBOU1ifs66VipTbwc

GC_Game_Boxes.png

maxresdefault.jpgEK6wkE3WkAEM5GS.jpg

51c71098af7e03a7f17a70d3fb08f26a.jpg

gamecube-games-e1551300181965.jpg

84e386_dec01bef119e461c8c652d7b0b25bd08~

(Since there would be way too many games to list I decided the poll would involve the consoles youve played on/have purchased instead so dont forget to vote :cool:)

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

pavi

Only ever owned a DS and Wii on which I mostly played Super Mario, Mario Kart and Mario Party. My favourite game tho will always remain this glorious pc game..

OPENING_.png?itok=GmLSZRG_

BlackoutZone

I owned quite few, but GBA was definitely my favorite childhood console I spent the most time with and I still

play on it once in a while. Fire Emblem + Fire Emblem Sword of Seals + Fire Emblem Sacred Stones were ultimately my favorite games, but I obviously spent a lot of time with Pokémon and Mario too - especially Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga :jonny: I remember I also had some board-like game with Looney Tunes characters but I don’t remember much about it.

I played F-Zero on GBA too!

BlackoutZone
Just now, pavi said:

Only ever owned a DS and Wii on which I mostly played Super Mario, Mario Kart and Mario Party. My favourite game tho will always remain this glorious pc game..

The taste :jonny2: RCT definitely one of the best game series even though the most recent one is weak and Planet Coaster outsold

Hongbin

Top 5

1. SMT Nocturne

2. FFXIV

3. SMT IV

4. Persona 5

5. FFXII

Edited by Hongbin

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY
7 minutes ago, pavi said:

This mother****ing classic asbjsha :jonny2: I spent so much time accidentally killing people in playing RT when I got my first PC. I cant believe I briefly forgot about this gem. Such a good game.

rihannabiggestfan

JET SET RADIO FUTURE

G.U.Y

Super Mario World

Super Mario World made only with CSS gradients - no JS, no ...

AOE 2

Test d'Age of Empires II : Definitive Edition

Tarzan

PS1 Disney's Tarzan 1999 PLAYTHROUGH (100%) GIF | Gfycat

Hercules

Hercules gaming level GIF - Find on GIFER

Lion King

lion king GIF | Rechercher, Faire et partager des GIFs Gfycat

Aladdin

Aladdin GIF on GIFER - by Truthweaver

The fact that I wasn't even born when these games were released :skull: but the QUALITY :jonny5:
It literally bring me so much happiness just looking at these photos
I wanna replay them but i afraid of ruining the good memories :'(

pavi
50 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

The taste :jonny2: RCT definitely one of the best game series even though the most recent one is weak and Planet Coaster outsold

44 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

This mother****ing classic asbjsha :jonny2: I spent so much time accidentally killing people in playing RT when I got my first PC. I cant believe I briefly forgot about this gem. Such a good game.

I still play this game from time to time, the amount of details in gameplay for a game with such simple looks is truly insane:smitten:

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY
1 hour ago, Hongbin said:

Top 5

1. SMT Nocturne

2. FFXIV

3. SMT IV

4. Persona 5

5. FFXII

The new smt game on the switch is gonna be such a slay my god I cant wait :jonny2: When it comes to recruiting xxx for your team kinda games, SMT is like the GOAT imo. I cant even tell you the amount of times I would get robbed/jipped by the demons because I kept saying the wrong things to them. Also their music is god tier I mean... 

Just listening to this makes me want to play this again ahhh 

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Kaw

Harvest Moon : Back To Nature :jonny5:

5s4z.gif

Jealous

Suikoden Tierkreis is really underrated even among Suikoden/JRPG fans.

Tales of Symphonia

FF Crisis Core was the only FF series I've ever finished along with FFX

Dynasty Warriors 5, I also used to play ROTK

Heavy Rain is def in my top 3 game of all time

Uncharted 2

Silent Hill 2

Honestly too many to name

Jealous
6 minutes ago, Kaw said:

Harvest Moon : Back To Nature :jonny5:

5s4z.gif

A classic :clap3: I stan Mary & Karen

SoulKiwi

I just realized how many gaming systems my family owned, I really need to go bake my parents a cake :skull: 

Anyways, when I was a kid, I loved playing Kirby Superstar Ultra, The Legendary Starfy, Pokémon SoulSilver, ANY Zelda game, Super Mario Sunshine, and many more games I can’t remember the names of. I miss being a child :chick3:

Illuminati

I didn't know there were so many gaming consoles :rip: I never owned a single one, is there really any advantage playing on a console as opposed to PC? Cause all of those games are usually made for PCs too

ahzark97

Stardew Valley

Plague Tale

Dishonored 2

Subnautica 

Alan Wake

The Guv'nah

Consoles I've owned:

1. PSX

2. Game Boy Color

3. PS2

4. Game Boy Advance

5. GameCube

6. Game Boy Advance SP

7. Nintendo DS

8. PSP

9. Nintendo DSi

10. Wii

11. PS3

12. Nintendo 3DS

13. PS4

14. Nintendo Switch

Top 10 games (off the top of my head and in no particular order):

1. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3. Silent Hill 2

4. Kingdom Hearts

5. Metal Gear Solid

6. Jak & Daxter

7. The Last Guardian

8. Okami

9. Final Fantasy X

10. Journey

Phantom
43 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I didn't know there were so many gaming consoles :rip: I never owned a single one, is there really any advantage playing on a console as opposed to PC? Cause all of those games are usually made for PCs too

Well, there are many of course but most of them can be lumped into company specific consoles or generations.

So Sony's  Playstation lineup would be PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and the upcoming PS5 (and some handheld consoles like PSP/VITA)

Similarly, Microsoft has Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X ( :rip: they're not great at naming)

Nintendo would have the Wii, WiiU, Nintendo DS etc. 

Older ones would be devices from SEGA or Atari etc

There are more tho, I was just illustrating easier ways to keep track. So it's not that many tbh but yea these are just the major ones, even Soulja boy has his own gaming console :deadbanana:

As for Console Vs PC ddd this is one of the most amusing but cringe eternal 'wars' in gaming - if you make a thread like that on a gaming forum it'll devolve into 5+ page attacks and insulting comments from both sides. As a PC gamer that has off handedly owned a PS3 and is thankfully past his juvenile PC Vs Console messes for the most part, here is a brief take for your Q (Also both sides antagonize each other, PC gamers literally say they belong to the PC Master Race (which started as a joke in a review but was taken seriously :deadbanana: and Console Peasants etc)

Pro-PC:

-Higher graphical fidelity (depends on build, but even in the last gen - PS4/Xbone and PS3/X360 a $1000+ gaming PC or even a slightly lower tier will outmatch the FPS (frame rate per second) on most console games.)

-Much more customization - you can swap out PC components individually, upgrading them later on to keep it current, but with a console you pretty much stick with it for a whole generation.

Pro-Console:

-VERY convenient - PC gaming involves often hassle with configuring settings, some unexpected errors, poor game optimization (from the developer's end but still). Consoles very rarely struggle with that - Console gaming is quick, convenient and easy - pop in the disc or queue the digital download in the back and you are ready to play on your couch.

-Console exclusives - so the main selling point of consoles is that most major ones have exclusive games, that are very rarely ever available on PC. I watch some Let's Plays from time to time and some of these games are stunning - God of War Franchise, The Last of Us, Spiderman etc. IF they do come to the PC, it's usually years after their release - Horizon: Zero Dawn is a spectacular game which is only coming to the PC now; it was released in 2018 or 2019 I think.

-Consoles are also catching up in the graphics department, with every generation having better specs and many beautiful games across all gens - Shadow of The Colossus, Ghost of Tsushima, GoW etc

Edited by Phantom

Starshine
52 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Well, there are many of course but most of them can be lumped into company specific consoles or generations.

So Sony's  Playstation lineup would be PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and the upcoming PS5 (and some handheld consoles like PSP/VITA)

Similarly, Microsoft has Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X ( :rip: they're not great at naming)

Nintendo would have the Wii, WiiU, Nintendo DS etc. 

Older ones would be devices from SEGA or Atari etc

There are more tho, I was just illustrating easier ways to keep track. So it's not that many tbh but yea these are just the major ones, even Soulja boy has his own gaming console :deadbanana:

As for Console Vs PC ddd this is one of the most amusing but cringe eternal 'wars' in gaming - if you make a thread like that on a gaming forum it'll devolve into 5+ page attacks and insulting comments from both sides. As a PC gamer that has off handedly owned a PS3 and is thankfully past his juvenile PC Vs Console messes for the most part, here is a brief take for your Q (Also both sides antagonize each other, PC gamers literally say they belong to the PC Master Race (which started as a joke in a review but was taken seriously :deadbanana: and Console Peasants etc)

Pro-PC:

-Higher graphical fidelity (depends on build, but even in the last gen - PS4/Xbone and PS3/X360 a $1000+ gaming PC or even a slightly lower tier will outmatch the FPS (frame rate per second) on most console games.)

-Much more customization - you can swap out PC components individually, upgrading them later on to keep it current, but with a console you pretty much stick with it for a whole generation.

Pro-Console:

-VERY convenient - PC gaming involves often hassle with configuring settings, some unexpected errors, poor game optimization (from the developer's end but still). Consoles very rarely struggle with that - Console gaming is quick, convenient and easy - pop in the disc or queue the digital download in the back and you are ready to play on your couch.

-Console exclusives - so the main selling point of consoles is that most major ones have exclusive games, that are very rarely ever available on PC. I watch some Let's Plays from time to time and some of these games are stunning - God of War Franchise, The Last of Us, Spiderman etc. IF they do come to the PC, it's usually years after their release - Horizon: Zero Dawn is a spectacular game which is only coming to the PC now; it was released in 2018 or 2019 I think.

-Consoles are also catching up in the graphics department, with every generation having better specs and many beautiful games across all gens - Shadow of The Colossus, Ghost of Tsushima, GoW etc

All of this + consoles are simply just better optimised to squeeze out every juice of the hardware. I've been on almost all of these platforms, but I've always went back to consoles and enjoyed my experience on there more tbh. Also I feel like in the visual department, there are very few games (mods excluded) that has 'wowed' me on PC gaming like what Sony exclusives did for me: The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, etc. It seems like PCs tend to prioritize frames more and no one can really drag consoles nowadays when they're pretty close in graphic fidelity. PC support for HDR is also lacking a bit (probably because the market for monitors is atrocious with some ups and so many downs/quality control issues :skull:), some don't even go past the bare minimum 600 nits which is why I'm considering just buying an OLED TV which is just superior in all areas besides latency and refresh rate. (Tbh anything past 120/144 is just diminishing returns).

Next-gen is looking great for all platforms though and I think the the gap is closing in. It's just price/convenience vs customizability/versatility. 

:jonny:

Edited by Starshine

Phantom
12 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Yes! For me personally I prefer PC because my main hurdle is controllers - they never feel as natural to me as WASD + mouse, honestly. As you said the gap is def. being closed in by the consoles - ultimately PCs had a sizeable headstart and are now stagnant (I think the new Ryzen CPUs in the gaming laptops are a good shift but ultimately the leaps are not as drastic from gen to gen in consoles). I do think certain PC games can look wonderful, even more so than console - like TW3 and I'm assuming Cyberpunk 2077 but yes Sony has been visually and even narrative driven games wise is knocking it out the park. As you said, consoles are just primed to squeeze out max potential. For most of the GP and even me sometimes, the difference between 75Hz panels to 120Hz is mildly noticeable; and not even talking bout 120 to 144 :lmao:With that said, later on this year if I manage to finally save up for a gaming laptop, I will definitely look at 120Hz panels at the minimum.

I do think the next big leap in PC will be VR - I adore Valve games, they're easily the most prolific developer of single player games on PC imo, and Half Life: Alyx got acclaimed to the heavens but more importantly showed the fidelity of VR...with that said the Valve Index alone costs $1000 :hoetenks:, and needs a medium tier PC to run (To be fair the game is supported by other cheaper VR sets like Oculus and Vive) so until VR manages a lower price point by a huge margin, the leap is going to probably taking a decade. I have no faith in remote gaming like Stadia, though - a failure on all counts imo.

That video :jonny: WHEW.

Starshine
9 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Yes! For me personally I prefer PC because my main hurdle is controllers - they never feel as natural to me as WASD + mouse, honestly. As you said the gap is def. being closed in by the consoles - ultimately PCs had a sizeable headstart and are now stagnant (I think the new Ryzen CPUs in the gaming laptops are a good shift but ultimately the leaps are not as drastic from gen to gen in consoles). I do think certain PC games can look wonderful, even more so than console - like TW3 and I'm assuming Cyberpunk 2077 but yes Sony has been visually and even narrative driven games wise is knocking it out the park. As you said, consoles are just primed to squeeze out max potential. For most of the GP and even me sometimes, the difference between 75Hz panels to 120Hz is mildly noticeable; and not even talking bout 120 to 144 :lmao:With that said, later on this year if I manage to finally save up for a gaming laptop, I will definitely look at 120Hz panels at the minimum.

I do think the next big leap in PC will be VR - I adore Valve games, they're easily the most prolific developer of single player games on PC imo, and Half Life: Alyx got acclaimed to the heavens but more importantly showed the fidelity of VR...with that said the Valve Index alone costs $1000 :hoetenks:, and needs a medium tier PC to run (To be fair the game is supported by other cheaper VR sets like Oculus and Vive) so until VR manages a lower price point by a huge margin, the leap is going to probably taking a decade. I have no faith in remote gaming like Stadia, though - a failure on all counts imo.

That video :jonny: WHEW.

Loved the Half-Life series but never got the chance to play Alyx because of the VR requirement. :weeps: The way Valve are probably the most innovative and consistent when it comes to gameplay, pushing the envelope and aren't just great gowns beautiful gowns. We just need a 3rd and that will truly define the next-generation.:jonny6: (Put it on consoles to for everyone to enjoy :emofish:). HTC/Oculus just needs more competition in the VR space for consumers to adopt. Sony already has theirs and MS collaborating with Facebook (so maybe VR support?). It would also make sense for Nintendo to explore that route since they also love new ideas to how games can be experienced.

Phantom
18 minutes ago, Starshine said:

The taste :jonny:

Valve are god tier (though some of their business end decisions are a mess) and the only devs I even see coming close (but not really) to their level in terms of quality output is CDPR, R* and Naughty Dog.

I mean just the top 20 lists of games where Valve games are 20-25% of the list :rip:

And I was actually surprised they didn't at least try to incorporate PS VR, but that's probably because they were trying to push Valve Index. I didn't play Alyx either but I've seen playthroughs from start to end and I, the talentry 

Microsoft and Facebook collab is so strange to me but I guess more competition is ultimately a good thing as it will drive down the prices. Would be curious to see what a Nintendo attempt would like, actually! 

Touch Pass

Consoles I own:

1) ps2 (my first console :date2:

2) 2 psps

3) ds lite, 2 dsis, 2 3dss, 1 2ds, 1 n3ds xl (all those just to play mostly pokemon:rip:

3) wii (bought it only for wii sports resort :chick3:

4) snes (my aunt gifted me hers. Played it once and never touched it again) 

5) 1 gba and 1 gba sp

6) ps vita (my favorite portable. Deserved better) 

7) ps4 (my favorite home console) 

8) ps1 (bought it last year cause it was kinda cheap and it came with a digimon game. Played on it only once) 

9) 2 switches. One for online and one for pirated games :emofish:

My favorite games for each console:

PS2: 

digimon world 4

harry potter and the philosopher's stone

teen titans

ben 10 protector of earth + alien force

scooby doo unmasked + first frights

PSP:

tekken 6

yugioh tag force 3

digimon adventure 

DS family:

pokemon heartgold

pokemon white

pokemon y

luigi's mansion 2

WII: sports resort 

SNES: :zzz:

GBA: :zzz:

PS VITA:

the 4 danganronpa games

digimon hacker's memory 

PS4:

detroit become human

until dawn

assassin's creed origins

ratchet and clank

infamous second son 

PS1: :zzz:

Switch:

gone home

call of cthulhu 

Jealous
26 minutes ago, Touch Pass said:

Consoles I own:

1) ps2 (my first console :date2:

2) 2 psps

3) ds lite, 2 dsis, 2 3dss, 1 2ds, 1 n3ds xl (all those just to play mostly pokemon:rip:

3) wii (bought it only for wii sports resort :chick3:

4) snes (my aunt gifted me hers. Played it once and never touched it again) 

5) 1 gba and 1 gba sp

6) ps vita (my favorite portable. Deserved better) 

7) ps4 (my favorite home console) 

8) ps1 (bought it last year cause it was kinda cheap and it came with a digimon game. Played on it only once) 

9) 2 switches. One for online and one for pirated games :emofish:

My favorite games for each console:

PS2: 

digimon world 4

harry potter and the philosopher's stone

teen titans

ben 10 protector of earth + alien force

scooby doo unmasked + first frights

PSP:

tekken 6

yugioh tag force 3

digimon adventure 

DS family:

pokemon heartgold

pokemon white

pokemon y

luigi's mansion 2

WII: sports resort 

SNES: :zzz:

GBA: :zzz:

PS VITA:

the 4 danganronpa games

digimon hacker's memory 

PS4:

detroit become human

until dawn

assassin's creed origins

ratchet and clank

infamous second son 

PS1: :zzz:

Switch:

gone home

call of cthulhu 

I'm guessing you were too young to remember PS1 classics. Clock Tower was great. Crash Racing was the ****. Even Naruto PS1 had unique gameplay.

--

Idk but I've never been invested/interested in any of Nintendo games. I find them childish and boring and cheap-looking. Drag me. I owned NDS/Wii and it was meh

Click Clack

San Andreas, Red Dead 2, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts 2, GTA V, Mario 64, Mario Odyssey