Disconnect

Why is "Black Is King" so unappreciated by ATRL?

Do You Like "Black is King"?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you even care about it? / Will you watch it?

2. 2. If you've seen it, did you like it?

3. 3. RATE it from 1 to 10:

Don't Stop Me Now
16 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I know the definition of self hating and low esteem very much. And you are making a very good case for it. Glad, you watched the SB, she should have probably forced the other women to wear blonde hair as well so that it could be more to your liking. Maybe then, you would really have something tangible to complain about. 

281474979820992_beyonce-facebook.jpg

CC3EAB80-CD79-41D9-A7D8-DF83BB6B9750.jpe

DkkJdC1WwAEg2nO.jpg

68d9138b4d77f5c5c880ec520456b6cd61615815

beyonce-formation.jpg

?format=1500w

Beyonc%C3%A9-Knowles-chose-natural-look-

829358-beyonce-fait-la-couverture-de-vog

Those were all public appearances but the real question is : why do you care? Once again no one should dictate that a black woman should stay in her little box and not wear her hair the way she feels like expressing herself in her art or out of it. 

beyonce%20OTR%202%20Social.jpg
image.jpg
7b6ca153407a39b9dae1085cf5216a01.jpg

Beyonce-now.jpg
Beyonce-Blonde-Hairstyles-1.jpg
00-promo-beyonce-blonde.jpgI mean it would probably take me several months to post every single photo of blonde pro black Beyoncé. These way out number the images you posted. Heck the ones you posted even have Beyoncé in blonde hair.  I’ll admit that I was wrong when I said she cannot go a day without being blonde, but it is still not her natural hair. You want to call me a self hater that have low self esteem for calling out your fave for being very hypocritical. She is even blonde in BIK. For the record, I didn’t watch her SB halftime show. Just saw the images; I don’t care. Just love getting the hive rattled.:fan:

If someone is so pro black own it and rock it natural. Bye bye now.

BnPac
37 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Has worn her natural hair plenty of times? Not in public

That was your statement, the one, I replied to. You have no right to police what color her hair should or should not be, let alone with MJ in your signature.

I don't know where you are going with this but no one has time. Beyoncé wears blonde hair, every one knows that and no one is/was denying it. You're just wasting my time. Have a good day.

Don't Stop Me Now
17 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Ur so full of ****, its laughable. U do realize that the blonde hair during her SB had three purposes:

1) it made her stand out. Since everyone else was rocking black hair and the black BP hat, her longass blonde hair made her stand out in the entire stadium

2) she rocked a lioness-type of hair to symbolize strength and power

3) its her signature style and since the SB is one of the biggest live stages on this planet, it only makes sense to rock sth that represents ur artistic persona.

Disregarding all of that, u r not seriously implying black women are not "true black women" in ur eyes because they rock weaves and wigs?

Laughable.

I’m calling out sisters who are so pro black like Yonce. That woman should not be rockin blonde tresses, since she has been coming off as anti white since Lemonade.

cuneytb

What are you guys even talking about? So now a grown woman is not allowed to use different hair colors? :psyduck:

Beyoncé did blonde because it did fit her. If you look gorgeous as she does try it too. 

——————

i love the gift, i still couldn’t watch the movie though. I saw the Already music video and she has still so much passion in her :heart2: 

Kimi

Your pool is so dumb, how can i rate it if i haven’t seen it

Zaram

There are thousands of more interesting movies out there.

ziam

Its boring. Artpop movie was miles ahead of it and it was only 15 mins long

Edited by ziam

*-ChriZ-*
31 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

I’m calling out sisters who are so pro black like Yonce. That woman should not be rockin blonde tresses, since she has been coming off as anti white since Lemonade.

the fact you believe being pro-black means being anti-white is all I need to know about you. Thanks for participating I guess.

MrLovett
36 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

Funny how you’re unable to address my argument. You’ve openly admitted all you care about is trolling the Hive, so the sanctimonious attitude of pretending to care about being pro-black isn’t fooling anyone. You want to hate Beyoncé and you’ll latch onto any tiny thing you can. That’s sad.

KevinDG

I just don't like her music anymore since EIL and now this. It's not because of racism (I'm not a racist) but I liked her older music much better.

Shinning

Who cares what ATRL thinks?

Don't Stop Me Now
17 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Funny how you’re unable to address my argument. You’ve openly admitted all you care about is trolling the Hive, so the sanctimonious attitude of pretending to care about being pro-black isn’t fooling anyone. You want to hate Beyoncé and you’ll latch onto any tiny thing you can. That’s sad.

Sweetie, you ain’t got no argument. I love you anyway.:heart:

I don’t hate Beyoncé- do you really think I have the time to hate someone I don’t know? Come on now. 

Edited by Don't Stop Me Now

Embustera

Weaves and wigs have been part of our culture like forever. STFU with your nonsense.

Kiss It Better

i disliked the album wnen it came out but the movie did make me like the album more... Lemonade and Self-titled are still better for me though

Rith
7 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

it was still a passion project for her and used her own money to make this film. 

then why is it on disney+ sis? what kinda passion project is this money gated? i don't own disney+ and will probably never but will watch it once it's available in other platforms.  but she really is a hardworking woman compared to my fave so i can never criticize even if the movie is bad lol

Raspberry Swirl

Firstly, it's very new, and secondly, do you expect many non-Hive to go out of their way to watch it?

Obviously, those who dislike Bey for other reasons will drag the film. Separate the critique from the pointed hate and move on...

Dante

I dont find her music interesting ever since selftitled. Lemonade had cute moments.

Starshine

The trolling in here... mental illness. 

PUBvBfw.jpg

Illuminati
6 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

White gays dont even buy their fave’s single, why do you expect them to shell out $7 to watch Black Is King?

:deadbanana4:

Exactly, it's an elitist collaboration for the privileged made by an industry giant Disney and a billionaire Beyonce meant to make the rich richer by keeping it behind the payment wall from her fans and promoting Disney+

Hot Volcano

So now not caring for Beyonce's little projects is considered racism? :deadbanana4:  I've seen it all...

Queenyoncee
2 hours ago, ziam said:

:rip:

raven
3 hours ago, ziam said:

:skull:

OT: I hope she eventually uploads the music videos to youtube so more people are able to see them :party:

Marianah Adkins

No shade but not everyone has Disney+ and also she barely promoted it outside of the US. I wouldnt have known about this if it wasnt for ATRL or my Hive friend. 

Its not like Bey cares anyway. Her art is getting the critical appreciation it deserves and I think thats whats more important for her

Blue Rose
2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Exactly, it's an elitist collaboration for the privileged made by an industry giant Disney and a billionaire Beyonce meant to make the rich richer by keeping it behind the payment wall from her fans and promoting Disney+

Dumb post. Why do you expect Bey give away her art for free but everyone else is allowed to sell theirs? 

Edited by Blue Rose