Disconnect

Why is "Black Is King" so unappreciated by ATRL?

Do You Like "Black is King"?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you even care about it? / Will you watch it?

2. 2. If you've seen it, did you like it?

3. 3. RATE it from 1 to 10:

Don't Stop Me Now

So pro black yet have been blonde for years and can’t spend a day rockin her natural hair.

TripDaStati0n
1 hour ago, Kingdom said:

I need deluded white gays to stay away from talking about BIK...Pls and thank you. Esp the little *******, just shut up and let black people enjoy things made for them.

Thats not going to happen baby. Nothing or no one is immune to being critiqued. Im white and I loved it. Everyone likes pretty visuals. What you should be saying is people who have not seen it should not discuss it because those opinions are 100% invalid and uninformed

Blackthorn
3 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

So pro black yet have been blonde for years and can’t spend a day rockin her natural hair.

1a661a0873ab99897ccd5f6e3a1d9930.gif

Swamp

The tone of of some of the comments in here :skull: that can’t be just Beyoncé hating 

And yes am planning on watching it, I only heard good things so far

Mercurio

I sat down with my family yesterday evening to watch BIK together, we commented on everything and enjoyed. Bey is a legend and this film made me so sure of it.

Blue Rose

White gays dont even buy their fave’s single, why do you expect them to shell out $7 to watch Black Is King?

:deadbanana4:

Feetree

I don’t have Disney+ nor is the service available in my country. 

but from what I see it is an incredible piece of work from Beyoncé. I’m happy to see such a beautiful culture be celebrated in this way 

ReH2o

we are busy living in Taylor world 

original.gif

Edited by ReH2o

FAN

Not a fan of her in the slightest so I didn’t entertain the thought of pressing play. It’s not that serious. 

Pepo

The project is stunning, and that's enough.

It's not like we need any validation from tasteless atrlers either. 

TripDaStati0n
5 minutes ago, FAN said:

Not a fan of her in the slightest so I didn’t entertain the thought of pressing play. It’s not that serious. 

56 minutes ago, ReH2o said:

we are busy living in Taylor world 

Just know you are seriously missing out on an incredible project by being close minded 

Glorified

because ain't nobody got time for disney+

BnPac
2 hours ago, Blackthorn said:

1a661a0873ab99897ccd5f6e3a1d9930.gif

You can just recognize some low esteem women who think because they rock their hair, those who don’t are traitors. It always makes me laugh. Also like to keep black women in a box, you can’t rock blonde hair ...blabla. Grown women being obsessed with how other grown women rock their hair is pathetic.
And she rocked her real hair plenty of times, it’s long and healthy. It’s just that they expect and want her to have Solange type and she has her mother type. So for them all of it is weave. 

OT : it is understandable, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. 

Don't Stop Me Now
9 minutes ago, BnPac said:

You can just recognize some low esteem women who think because they rock their hair, those who don’t are traitors. It always makes me laugh. Also like to keep black women in a box, you can’t rock blonde hair ...blabla. Grown women being obsessed with how other grown women rock their hair is pathetic.
And she rocked her real hair plenty of times, it’s long and healthy. It’s just that they expect and want her to have Solange type and she has her mother type. So for them all of it is weave. 

OT : it is understandable, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. 

Oh shut up and quote me since I am the one who made the comment. And Beyoncé has not worn her natural hair in public in years. It is always blonde with weave and extensions. If she is so pro black as I said, try owning up to that. 

TheRealGâteau

I only got halfway through it, tbh, since I started to get bored. However, can't discredit Bey's artistic masterpiece. This, like her previous visual albums, are artistically stunning: the fashion, the choreography, the setting. :clap3:

Yelero

Can only see it at Disney+? Mess

BnPac
Just now, Don't Stop Me Now said:

Oh shut up and quote me since I am the one who made the comment. And Beyoncé has not worn her natural hair in public in years. It is always blonde with weave and extensions. If she is so pro black as I said, try owning up to that. 

You seem a bit mad. :laugh:

I found the other post spot on and to have a better quote value. 
Pro black has nothing to do with hair. 
No one takes away a white woman’s pride because she favors weaves or extensions, something they have done (men and women) for centuries, in textures and colors that were not like theirs. 
And no one, except self hating people, have the right to define what a black woman should or shouldn’t do with her own hair. 

And she has worn her natural hair plenty of times, bleach or not. 

AbeHicks

The thread about the film in celebria is 16 pages long. How is it under appreciated? It's clearly being widely discussed in the thread that is assigned to it. What more do you want?

giphy.gif

MrLovett
11 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

So you're saying a person can only be "pro-black" if they do not wear weaves/wigs/hair extensions and in their natural colour? If they've possibly adhered to the white beauty standards which has been implemented on the entire Western world, then they hate themselves and are "anti-black"? Just for clarification sake, seeing as you just love being so loud.

Embustera

Many members are racist and don't care about black excellence.

Don't Stop Me Now
2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

You seem a bit mad. :laugh:

I found the other post spot on and to have a better quote value. 
Pro black has nothing to do with hair. 
No one takes away a white woman’s pride because she favors weaves or extensions, something they have done (men and women) for centuries, in textures and colors that were not like theirs. 
And no one, except self hating people, have the right to define what a black woman should or shouldn’t do with her own hair. 

And she has worn her natural hair plenty of times, bleach or not. 

I’m not mad in the least and definitely not a self hater. I am black myself and wouldn’t want to be anything else. Learn the definition of self hatred. Just accept that your fave is one of the biggest Hollywood hypocrites and move on.  Has worn her natural hair plenty of times? Not in public. I don’t give a rats ass what she does behind closed doors.

I even remember her 2016 Super Bowl performance - why was she the only one in a long, blonde, weave? Yuh.. .

PiecesOfYou

I don't have Disney Plus and i don't care about the album so no 

BnPac
1 minute ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

I’m not mad in the least and definitely not a self hater. I am black myself and wouldn’t want to be anything else. Learn the definition of self hatred. Just accept that your fave is one of the biggest Hollywood hypocrites and move on.  Has worn her natural hair plenty of times? Not in public. I don’t give a rats ass what she does behind closed doors.

I even remember her 2016 Super Bowl performance - why was she the only one in a long, blonde, weave? Yuh.. .

I know the definition of self hating and low esteem very much. And you are making a very good case for it. Glad, you watched the SB, she should have probably forced the other women to wear blonde hair as well so that it could be more to your liking. Maybe then, you would really have something tangible to complain about. 

281474979820992_beyonce-facebook.jpg

CC3EAB80-CD79-41D9-A7D8-DF83BB6B9750.jpe

DkkJdC1WwAEg2nO.jpg

68d9138b4d77f5c5c880ec520456b6cd61615815

beyonce-formation.jpg

?format=1500w

Beyonc%C3%A9-Knowles-chose-natural-look-

829358-beyonce-fait-la-couverture-de-vog

Those were all public appearances but the real question is : why do you care? Once again no one should dictate that a black woman should stay in her little box and not wear her hair the way she feels like expressing herself in her art or out of it. 

*-ChriZ-*
39 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

Ur so full of ****, its laughable. U do realize that the blonde hair during her SB had three purposes:

1) it made her stand out. Since everyone else was rocking black hair and the black BP hat, her longass blonde hair made her stand out in the entire stadium

2) she rocked a lioness-type of hair to symbolize strength and power

3) its her signature style and since the SB is one of the biggest live stages on this planet, it only makes sense to rock sth that represents ur artistic persona.

Disregarding all of that, u r not seriously implying black women are not "true black women" in ur eyes because they rock weaves and wigs?

Laughable.

Edited by *-ChriZ-*