Disconnect

Why is "Black Is King" so unappreciated by ATRL?

Do You Like "Black is King"?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you even care about it? / Will you watch it?

2. 2. If you've seen it, did you like it?

3. 3. RATE it from 1 to 10:

Disconnect
Posted (edited)

scale.jpg

OK, so a lot of y'all had been telling me this isn't underrated because of the acclaim ans stuff so I had to change the title. :rip:

Anyways, I created this thread to point out all the blacklash Queen B has been receiving FROM ATRL about "The Gift" and this project and my original point was:

Bey can be criticized all the haters want, but there's no denying that everything she does is with heart and a level of professionalism that not many others provide and she's ALWAYS stepping up her game. While "Black is King" may not be the best or most accurate representation of African music and culture, there are no other mainstream artists doing something like that besides her and that's something to be applauded so props to her!.

Y'all should try to be more open-minded to new ideas and concepts and actually take a good look at them before judging and criticizing them.

tenor.gif?itemid=17657594tenor.gif

I honestly don't get why y'all still focus so much on hating while she keeps on winning. 

Edited by Disconnect

Princedele25

The R from atrl stands for Racism. :giraffe:

Black excellence :clap3:

Disconnect
Just now, Princedele25 said:

The R from atrl stands for Racism. :giraffe:

Black excellence :clap3:

I guess so. Sadly, apparently I'm the racist one for supporting black culture! :rip:

VOSS

i'm not black so i'm probably not gonna watch something called black is king

EnoughSaid
Just now, VOSS said:

:ahh:

SashaDevachelli

The film was absolutely stunning literally who else is doing something like this? The fact that despite the album being a flop it was still a passion project for her and used her own money to make this film. 

She always releases quality and feeds her fans, I see why they're mad:giraffe:

Phantom

It has been 5 minutes since it released so can we wait a bit before calling it underrated 

M André

I think the accusations of African citizens have merit, but that doesn’t make the product itself bad quality wise. Anyways, I didn’t watch because it’s a Disney exclusive, maybe I will watch it in some other platform someday :nicole2:

Disconnect
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, VOSS said:

Bish is only a metaphor  :rip:

BTW, I'm not black either and I LOVE it. 

Edited by Disconnect

ZIVERT
3 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

The film was absolutely stunning literally who else is doing something like this? The fact that despite the album being a flop it was still a passion project for her and used her own money to make this film. 

She always releases quality and feeds her fans, I see why they're mad:giraffe:

This. I have never seen something so visually stunning before in music - she keeps outdoing herself. And it's so inspiring how she sticks by her art no matter what.

Disconnect
Just now, ZIVERT said:

This. I have never seen something so visually stunning before in music - she keeps outdoing herself. And it's so inspiring how she sticks by her art no matter what.

Not to mention she's not an African artist. Like I said in the OP, this may not be the best or most accurate representation of Africa BUT she's doing an amazing job nonetheless. 

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
17 minutes ago, Disconnect said:

scale.jpg

Honestly, Queen B can be criticized all the haters want, but there's no denying that everything she does is with heart and a level of professionalism that not many others provide and she's ALWAYS stepping up her game. While "Black is King" may not be the best or most accurate representation of African music and culture, there are no other mainstream artists doing something like that besides her and that's something to be applauded so props to her!.

Y'all should try to be more open-minded to new ideas and concepts and actually take a good look at them before judging and criticizing them.

tenor.gif?itemid=17657594tenor.gif

I honestly don't get why y'all still focus so much on hating while she keeps on winning. 

It was released yesterday.

How the f*ck can it already be underrated.

Ya’ll never fail to make dumbass threads on here! :rip:

Sweet Sexy Savage

Why isn’t she promoting it on social media? 

Reza

I have no interest in watching this nor does anyone i know. :michael:

Thinking Of You

The music didn’t capture me so I’ll pass. 

Vespertine

I don't think it's underrated necessarily; it only came out yesterday and it's exclusive to Disney+. I know they already have a lot of subscribers, but that's nothing compared to a release on Spotify + Apple Music + Amazon Music. A lot of people haven't gotten to watch it yet. 

I get why this is on Disney+ specifically, but I hope her next proper solo album (visual or not) just releases on all platforms like anyone else would do it. I think it's slowly hurting her that everything she has done since Lemonade has been tied to Tidal, Jay, a movie, and now Disney+ :emofish: 

éclat

I don’t have Disney plus and I won’t get it just for Beyonce :rip:    

TripDaStati0n

i loved it and was not bored with it at any point. I was kinda sad when the credits started rolling i didnt want to leave that world

ScarletWitch

How is it underrated? Isn't it critically acclaimed and wasn't it only released like 2 days ago? :skull: 

TripDaStati0n
9 minutes ago, éclat said:

I don’t have Disney plus and I won’t get it just for Beyonce :rip:    

i cant believe in this day an age there are so many people who dont know how to use a torrrent or firestick :dies:

Disconnect
30 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

It was released yesterday.

How the f*ck can it already be underrated.

Ya’ll never fail to make dumbass threads on here! :rip:

Gurl you act as if you didn't know all the pressed haters criticizing it because it's "boring" without even seeing it. 

Honesty bye, :rip:

teresaguidice

the lion king of it all has left me kind of disinterested. i'll watch eventually. i wish she would just release a proper solo album. 

Namiskine
11 minutes ago, ScarletWitch said:

How is it underrated? Isn't it critically acclaimed and wasn't it only released like 2 days ago? :skull: 

This. :coffee2:

Breathe On Moi

The title change after the backlash damn :rip: 

katyhudson

The Gift is actually a good album but this movie is nothing but beautiful gowns:rip: