naval23

Do you enjoy "dark" Katy Perry?

naval23

Her songs like "Dark Horse" & "ET" are perfect examples of "dark pop" bops 

It's worth noting that these 2 are her biggest hits according to Billboard and her only singles to spend 20+ weeks in the top 10 alone on the Hot 100

The amazing bridge of E.T

This is transcedental 

On another level

Boy, you're my lucky star

I wanna walk on your wavelength

And be there when you vibrate

For you I risk it all, ALLLLLLLLL

The hypnotic "Dark Horse" 

Imagine if she had a dark-album like Rihanna's "Rated R" or Janet Jackson's "The Velvet Rope" or Taylor's "Reputation"

Badgalbriel

The only thing dark about Dark Horse is on its title. 

GreatestLoveofAll

Her biggest hits for a reason, two of her best bangers. 

naval23
2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

The only thing dark about Dark Horse is on its title. 

Ya because it sounds exactly like "Roar" which is one of her lighest poppiest bops :rip:

Badgalbriel
Just now, naval23 said:

Ya because it sounds exactly like "Roar" which is one of her lighest poppiest bops :rip:

Just because it doesn't sound like Roar doesn't mean it's dark :rip:

Watson!

Yes. Stream this version.

rihannabiggestfan

I like Circle the Drain too, I like when she explores darker sounds. Suits her hefty yet breathy voice

FantasyRide

Sure but I really like ‘vibes by the pool’ Katy I hope she gives us more songs like Tsunami and Harley’s one day. 

Edited by FantasyRide

DoubleRainbow!

Circle the Drain and Who Am I Living For? Are amazing dark bops

Bbmm

Witness is full of Dark Katy and I love Witness. So yes.

Dolce Vita

ET is one of her best songs tbh, an album with dark pop songs like that would be a serve

Likingstars

What’s dark about those 2 songs? :rip: 

IAMDOM

What exactly is dark about Katy Perry :deadbanana2: Meghan Trainor has darker moments than her. I know you’re not talking about that comedical Dark Horse video...

Ricanaire

I love her “derk” moments :giraffe:

rihannabiggestfan
42 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

What exactly is dark about Katy Perry :deadbanana2: Meghan Trainor has darker moments than her. I know you’re not talking about that comedical Dark Horse video...

No, they obviously mean the song. It's obviously a darker-sounding pop song, you can't really compare it to like Roar or California Gurls in terms of that

RULES
44 minutes ago, IAMDOM said:

What exactly is dark about Katy Perry

THIS.

She is way to goofy to be considered dark or her music. And the music video for “Dark Horse” should be a crime.

IAMDOM
26 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

No, they obviously mean the song. It's obviously a darker-sounding pop song, you can't really compare it to like Roar or California Gurls in terms of that

Still not dark, and far from it. More serious sounding maybe but nowhere near dark. Very few girls have been able to successfully pull off the dark image and she ain’t one of ‘em

M André

"dark" :bibliahh:

Supervixen

ATRL and their definition of "dark" :toofunny3:

2AM
1 hour ago, FantasyRide said:

Sure but I really like ‘vibes by the pool’ Katy I hope she gives us more songs like Tsunami and Harley’s one day. 

! Same, I have a feeling there will be one in that realm on Smile that we haven’t heard yet. 

1 hour ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Circle the Drain and Who Am I Living For? Are amazing dark bops

!!! 
Also Lost and By The Grace of a God, at least lyrically are quite dark for a Katy Perry song. 

Bbmm

Dark horse is about warning someone what happens if they play with fire and ET is about letting your dark side take over. Who am I living for is questioning your existence. Pretty dark topics if you ask me. And that’s just 3 examples. But OKH’s don’t have the  Capacity  to think.

Edited by Bbmm

littlebodybigheart

not dark :rip:

ZIVERT

You all are laughing at these songs being dark (which they are in sound, especially in comparison to her other huge hits), but what would you consider a dark pop song if not these?

But yes, these are amazing pop songs. Dance with the Devil is also a good darker song from her

KatysPrism

Woah some people are triggered by anything “do you like —— Katy” like u can just write, do you like pregnant Katy ? And they’d be out here saying : she’s not pregnant :rip: just to disagree. 

you guys are pathetic and your hate towards her is blinding you and making y’all look dumb as usual...

simply one does not argue about DH & E.T. Being dark... they’re not the darkest pop but they’re still some kind of dark pop, her vocals & the lyrics of these two tracks and the production are dark. 

and yes I LOVE dark Katy and the gp does too since these are one of her biggest hits.. a lot of people were disappointed with prism because she promised a dark album in 2012 “something like Madonna’s frozen”.. and I still think that she can pull it off but I don’t think she’ll ever go that direction. Sadly. 

naval23
30 minutes ago, Bbmm said:

Dark horse is about warning someone what happens if they play with fire and ET is about letting your dark side take over. Who am I living for is questioning your existence. Pretty dark topics if you ask me. And that’s just 3 examples. But OKH’s don’t have the  Capacity  to think.

Wow you spilled :clap3: