okgo

Post Malone attacks government mask mandate

Ryuuchan_X

I don't think anyone is going to be taking advice from someone who looks like they were scribbled on by a bunch of kindergarteners.  

Revolution

The white jumped out.

bad guy
1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Did you read? :rip:

He's literally opposing fines, says it's weird to be forced to wear something (????????) and then draws in an analogy of how school would give one detention for not tucking in a shirt

Edit: not wearing, but tucking in. 

:deadbanana:

No I watched the entire 3 hour podcast. Nothing he said in it had anything to do with anti-masks. He just thinks the public should be smart enough and caring enough to do it without the government telling us to. How is that bad? :rip:

1 hour ago, Juanny said:

Right. People don't read and jump right to cancelling and self-righteous, fake woke behaviour. 

I agree. People shouldn't be "forced" to do something but we should definitely be creating a culture of understanding why we should be doing these things when we go out and are close to others. Also, the government is the one who ****ed **** up and they're gonna fine people for now not wearing a mask? When they are already poor and you're not bailing them out? Chile, all that literally makes no sense, no wonder y'all are still dealing with this basic **** meanwhile other countries can sit in bars now, your government is literally mismanaging left and right :rip: Where I live masks masks were NEVER mandated, we wore it voluntarily & by suggestion because we understood why, such as this and now we are doing really well because of this, and other reasons too. 

Right. He wears masks and wants everyone to wear a mask. This weird attack on him like he’s some Covid conspiracy theorist Trumper is so bizarre. And this is the same government that said we shouldn’t wear masks then switched back to mandating masks :rip: Our government is the reason we’re the only country who hasn’t gotten a handle on the virus. Masks are mandated here where I live to go inside businesses but I see people not wearing them all the time out. Restaurants especially. No one seems to care, no matter what our officials tell people. They act like he said nobody should wear masks :rip:

54 minutes ago, okgo said:

Hi, the thread and article title literally say "attacks government mask mandate" which is exactly what he did (and y'all seem to be doing as well?? :rip:)

I don't consider anyone to have said or implied "Post Malone against the use of masks!!1!" so far. Do y'all live in wonderland too like he seems to judging from the interview (that sadly yes I've watched, but not the whole thing because I can only take so much high bro nonsense in a day)?

OF COURSE there absolutely needs to be a mask mandate because there's always gonna be ****ing morons who won't do it so for the sake of EVERYONE else they SHOULD be fined at the very least if they still want to be contrarians and put other people's lives at risk. His statement and analogy were incredibly DUMB, we're in a ****ing pandemic in case y'all haven't noticed.

He definitely seems the type with his raggedy ass.

Nobody here is against mandates :deadbanana4: We’re just pointing out the hypocrisy in the government’s mixed messaging. One minute masks don’t work, next minute they do, next minute you don’t have to wear them, next minute you’re mandated to. These are the same people who made the virus spread as bad as it already has. And I don’t see a problem with Post saying that we as a public shouldn’t have to be told to be decent human beings...we just should be. That’s his point. You linking tweets of random blue check people missing his point doesn’t change the fact that he still wears masks and advocates people to wear masks. Seems like faux outrage. That and people using the clickbait articles to make jabs at his looks (which is even weirder :rip:)

Miss Show Business

So he's just as braindead as his music? Shocking

Phantom
11 minutes ago, bad guy said:

No I watched the entire 3 hour podcast. Nothing he said in it had anything to do with anti-masks. He just thinks the public should be smart enough and caring enough to do it without the government telling us to. How is that bad? :rip:

Ok so you heard all of it and yet you're confused? By being anti mask mandates being enforced by the government he is:

-BLATANTLY ignoring the lived reality of 2020, where people have protested lockdowns worldwide, masks and even so far as anti-maskers BUYING false/ineffective masks. Good for him if he lives in some utopia where everyone should care for their fellow man (btw good job on reframing his words to make it sound altruistic, stan goggles never fail to surprise me :rip:) but people simply don't, and if the government is doing its best - as late as it is - to prevent spread, FOLLOW it. If this "we as a smart sentient collective should..." argument is followed, we never should have let this pandemic spread beyond month 1. Yet we're in month 7 now, so reality must be accepted.

Peddling and adding fuel to this rebellious ThA GuvMeNT cAn No TelL mE WUT 2 Do BS which has lead to the above and greatly exacerbated this mess (overall I'm not talking about blind government compliance but in this case about masks).

-Again, by trivializing the need for masks and equating it to school based uniform detentions he is clearly preaching or even abetting conspiracy rhetoric. You don't really need to tuck in your shirt at school as it doesn't harm anything; the same however cannot be said for masks -masks are safety measure for both the individuals wearing it; and the people around said individual. Anyone hearing what he is saying is supposed to think that the mask mandate is as trivial as random school rules.

-Governments worldwide have been a shitshow but there have also been unpredictable set backs with this, in every country. The mixed messaging of the government is an issue but the discourse around masks has fairly stayed stable - it's the spread of transmission, the infectious period, the symptoms and so forth that have been ever evolving.

-A multi millionaire complaining about fines :deadbanana: These fines hurt the average Joe, not him so it comes across as very...hm. Fines are annoying but a necessary evil as a deterrent. Even the most conspiracy Keanu of them all will be quiet and wear a mask if the alternative is paying $600. I do think the amounts are ridiculous but that's a separate thing.

teresaguidice
2 hours ago, Juanny said:

Right. People don't read and jump right to cancelling and self-righteous, fake woke behaviour. 

I agree. People shouldn't be "forced" to do something but we should definitely be creating a culture of understanding why we should be doing these things when we go out and are close to others. Also, the government is the one who ****ed **** up and they're gonna fine people for now not wearing a mask? When they are already poor and you're not bailing them out? Chile, all that literally makes no sense, no wonder y'all are still dealing with this basic **** meanwhile other countries can sit in bars now, your government is literally mismanaging left and right :rip: Where I live masks masks were NEVER mandated, we wore it voluntarily & by suggestion because we understood why, such as this and now we are doing really well because of this, and other reasons too. 

regardless of what he said, you have to have worms for brains to think being pro-mask is trying to be "woke". it's literally trying to get people to do the thing you're bragging your country did. i- 

Sam96
3 hours ago, lepetitmonstr said:

He should be more focused on getting fit + fixing those tacky face tattoos instead.

This 

éclat

How dumb :skull: 

Bentley

:clap3:

spill tea Post! 

NotAvaMax
23 minutes ago, Bentley said:

:clap3:

spill tea Post! 

I'm sorry but it's the Camila avi for me :gaycat1:

Pheromosa

the walking petri dish made no points.

as usual 

Penny.

‘It’s weird to me that there is, it’s like me in school, having to f*****g tuck in your shirt, or else you get detention or whatever,’

how is wearing a mask during a pandemic anything like having a school dress code :rip:

the stupid really jumped out with this one :deadbanana4: & i actually had respect for him before this but i cant deal with that level of stupidity

BGXKB
5 hours ago, Lindt said:

even though he's huge on streaming and stuff, his celebrity is so small that people don't pay attention to the stuff he says. this story came out 12 hours ago and I didn't see anyone on twitter talking about it :rip:

No one ever gives a **** about the crazy bull**** men say it’s only when a woman says something that everyone loses their minds.

**** Post Malone. 

BGXKB

“It’s weird to be forced to wear something” um I’m sorry but aren’t we all forced to wear clothes when out in public and yet somehow it’s WEIRD to protect other people with a facial covering to control the spread of droplets from person to person?

What an idiot. I’ve got it now. Post Malone is garbage. I am so tired of seeing this stupid trash all over the charts, taking away from artists who actually make great music. Specifically **** the members here who “stan” him for negative attention. We all know the kind of people they are. :siptea:

Scotty

He's gotta appeal to his fans

Letemtalk

Is anyone surprised?

omkkdo81rn551.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

NavyBlue

He’s trash. Wbk. 

RainDreamer

Must be nice to be an unattractive man, when the gays and stans alike don't care enough to cancel you for such "right wing" statements :cm:

Versayce

I don't think he said anything wrong at all. He just wanted to reflect his discomfort with the government and its disastrous managment telling us what we can do and what we cannot do. Maybe going against a preventive measure has not been right, but his purpose is not to encourage people not to wear a mask, in fact, he urges people to wear it to keep each other safe, and that's what matters.

rac7d
13 hours ago, Lindt said:

even though he's huge on streaming and stuff, his celebrity is so small that people don't pay attention to the stuff he says. this story came out 12 hours ago and I didn't see anyone on twitter talking about it :rip:

Best way to be nowadays successful not famous