Dopeamine

Are we really that invested in Taylor's success?

get_well_soon

if Gaga would actually promo, I’d be excited.  But there clearly was little to be excited over after the sour candy lyric video from 6 weeks ago.

argos

yes we are, can you stfu?

Kavish

That's your perspective.

Just let people invest in what they want.

giphy.gif

Schami66
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

being obsessed with any singer's success is kind of sad

Preach it!

I see so many people on here paying more attention to charts or promotion, that to the music itself.

Edit: I understand the passion for numbers etc. but then dragging other fanbases with it, is just beyond me.

Edited by Schami66

Safe&Sound

folklore really got these people pressed :ahh:

Taylor has her own narrative with her career

The genre crossover

The career pinnacle, media darling, and being pop phenomenon

The death of her reputation

The fresh new page

Being politically open

The genre change

chaneloberlin
16 minutes ago, Dopeamine said:

Maybe I'm trying to get at something deeper here. Like, why are people more likely to support someone who always wins, and more likely to root for the failure of someone who has fought hard to win?

I think your point comes across very clear. Personally i depends on the scenario / circumstance and the artist.

Gaga was so much fun to root for with the ASIB era and Shallow (e.g. challenging 7 rings and the pop radio format) coming off of her previous albums that weren't as successful. I think there's no real stake for Chromatica here imo because she's just had global worldwide success with ASIB. It's like shrug shoulders if it succeeds and shrug shoulders if it doesn't (for me).

Same with Taylor... seeing folklore doing so well & being well recieved after what Lover / Rep could've been with the right singles & promotion.  But maybe people just like to see winners keep winning for a sense of stability. or whatever.

I completely agree with you though & see where ur coming from tho

alestevens
20 minutes ago, Dopeamine said:

Maybe I'm trying to get at something deeper here. Like, why are people more likely to support someone who always wins, and more likely to root for the failure of someone who has fought hard to win?

People have been rooting for Taylor's failure since 2016 when she became music's public enemy #1, and then again when her singles weren't smash hits last year. But it just never happened so they gave up

Dopeamine
16 minutes ago, Khal said:

Mods should really consider temporarily revoking thread making rights for some people.

The fact that you're so pressed over what people decide to post is very telling. 

Cute

I don't understand why some of you open your mouth without considering the sheer stupidity of your statements.

The "we" that are invested in her success are her stans. We like to see her be succesful and win awards and sell lots of albums because she's our fav. Its the typical thing to do. We follow her stats because we like her. Would you stan someone and hope they flop? :rip:

The rest of the people on this website are hiding behind Taylor to drag Gaga or Beyonce or whoever else they don't personally like and that's corny, but that's a separate issue. It still stands to reason that her fans,  are allowed to be invested in her success, since....they are....fans. 

diogozsz
1 minute ago, Dopeamine said:

The fact that you're so pressed over what people decide to post is very telling. 

And you're pressed about who people decide to stan lol. Shut up. 

Dopeamine
Just now, diogozsz said:

And you're pressed about who people decide to stan lol. Shut up. 

Let's be honest, people are stanning the numbers, not the "talent" 

Sweet Sexy Savage
44 minutes ago, Ressti said:

Shes appeals. Like Adele. Gaga doesn't, for obvious reasons. Just accept it. You cant stan an artist that's become polarising and then be surprised when they flop every now and then. It is what it is. No need to focus on those that will always appeal to a wide demographic and make yourself needlessly angry on someone else's behalf.

:cm:[2]

Reza

People who have no accomplishments of their own tend to live vicariously through others. :sorry: 

SelenaTheWinner

What? 

One Rude Boy

Huh?

raven

You might've been onto something until the second half of your post 

littlebodybigheart

lady gaga fans have LOST it :deadbanana2:

selena_lavigne
1 hour ago, Dopeamine said:

It's kind of boring actually. Basic, blonde pop star who appeals to everyone sells another 800k-1M copies in a week. Yay? Isn't that what we expected? 

I'm biased, but Gaga's music story has been a lot more interesting to follow and talk about. The so-called floppage of ARTPOP, her rise then fall then rise again. It's a "success" I can invest in because of the ups and downs. Taylor's story on the other hand...

Thoughts? 

hasn't Gaga dyed her hair blonde since the start of her career and it's been blonde except when she was playing a character in a movie :cm:

Also I'd take 1 week of the Folklore era over the entire Chromatica era so far any day :party:

R0cky

Lady Gaga has been on a downward trajectory since her debut how is that interesting?

Dallas
1 hour ago, Dopeamine said:

It's kind of boring actually. Basic, blonde pop star who appeals to everyone sells another 800k-1M copies in a week. Yay? Isn't that what we expected? 

I'm biased, but Gaga's music story has been a lot more interesting to follow and talk about. The so-called floppage of ARTPOP, her rise then fall then rise again. It's a "success" I can invest in because of the ups and downs. Taylor's story on the other hand...

Thoughts? 

Go to bed :rip:

SeeingStars1515
51 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

folklore really got these people pressed :ahh:

Taylor has her own narrative with her career

The genre crossover

The career pinnacle, media darling, and being pop phenomenon

The death of her reputation

The fresh new page

Being politically open

The genre change

Her reputation never died lol That was a weird narrative that didnt exist. She was coming off a very successful 1989 with lots of fanfare.  She was never unpopular during this time. 

She can act all politically open all she wants but she missed the most important moment to politically active for her lgbtq+ and POC fans during clinton v trump ...but she was "scared" of ramifications. You Need to Calm Down was an offensive attempt at trying to be in the moment. 

I became a fan of her personality when she started saying meaningful things - which imo has only been recently. It's when I finally decided to give some of her music a chance- and there's a lot of good in her discography

The switch from Red to 1989 was very interesting. Folklore was also a major statement. If she can continue down this indie alt pop route, it will be more of a statement than anything else she's done. 

cuneytb

You guys are so childish you can’t have a conversation with eachother without being bitchy. He is simply asking a question but all of you are always so angry. Its true. Taylors career is boring. The only entertaining part was the reputation era. The rest isn’t. Gaga doesn’t always have success (even though most of the time she does) her ups and downs create more interest. 

peterstyles13

Monsters have truly lost it :priceless:

Dallas
1 hour ago, Cute said:

I don't understand why some of you open your mouth without considering the sheer stupidity of your statements.

The "we" that are invested in her success are her stans. We like to see her be succesful and win awards and sell lots of albums because she's our fav. Its the typical thing to do. We follow her stats because we like her. Would you stan someone and hope they flop? :rip:

The rest of the people on this website are hiding behind Taylor to drag Gaga or Beyonce or whoever else they don't personally like and that's corny, but that's a separate issue. It still stands to reason that her fans,  are allowed to be invested in her success, since....they are....fans. 

It's funny because they were doing the exact same thing when Gaga had a slight blip on her downward spiral during ASIB.

13 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

You guys are so childish you can’t have a conversation with eachother without being bitchy. He is simply asking a question but all of you are always so angry. Its true. Taylors career is boring. The only entertaining part was the reputation era. The rest isn’t. Gaga doesn’t always have success (even though most of the time she does) her ups and downs create more interest. 

Everything you're saying is subjective. What is it you don't understand?

Karla Cabello

whos we