Genius1111

Holocaust survivor seeks compensation from German rail& govt

Genius1111

WhoWho

I'm really sorry for this man. But I don't believe in repatriations or collective responsibility. Modern Germany should not be blamed for the crimes of the previous leaders, at this point this is a different country with radically different system of beliefs, therefore they don't have to pay any sort of compensations for Nazi crimes.

LeMésTragique

What has FRG to do with it. 

Ask Nazi Germany instead.

Watson!
3 hours ago, WhoWho said:

I'm really sorry for this man. But I don't believe in repatriations or collective responsibility. Modern Germany should not be blamed for the crimes of the previous leaders, at this point this is a different country with radically different system of beliefs, therefore they don't have to pay any sort of compensations for Nazi crimes.

Well. I cant believe those who voted and supported hitler, kept their personal properties like nothing happened. It should have been a way to get a compensation. It seems that most german cant accept that ther grandparents probably supported (at least indirectly) these actions and have some responsibility.

TasteOfYourLips
3 hours ago, LeMésTragique said:

What has FRG to do with it. 

Ask Nazi Germany instead.

3 hours ago, WhoWho said:

I guess changing the name of your country is all you have to do to avoid responsibility :pukey: WWII Nazis are still very much alive in Germany, their victims are still very much alive and they deserve justice and compensation. Also modern Germans - grand kids of WWII Nazis are still well off slavery work in concentration camps and "compulsory" works. Once a colonizer always a colonizer I guess.

Watson!
41 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

I guess changing the name of your country is all you have to do to avoid responsibility :pukey: WWII Nazis are still very much alive in Germany, their victims are still very much alive and they deserve justice and compensation. Also modern Germans - grand kids of WWII Nazis are still well off slavery work in concentration camps and "compulsory" works. Once a colonizer always a colonizer I guess.

New republic of Spain and Greece would be like "oops we own you nothing".

arceus

He can ask AfD

WhoWho
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

WWII Nazis that are still alive deserve punishment and that's not up for debate. However, your post feels quite misinformed and problematic.

-As I said in my previous post, Modern Germany is a country with the system of beliefs, that are radically different from those of 1940s Germany. So it's not just about changing the name. Interesting fact: It's mandatory for German schookids to visit concentration camps and learn about the dark past of their country.

-Citizens of GDR lost all their wealth during the Soviet Era, because it was considered "communist party property", so they don't have anything to do with "colonizers" riches, that you're talking about. And that's 50% for the Modern Germany.

-Nazi grandkids don't have anything to do with their grandparents. Almost all of them changed their surnames, because of how ashamed they are of that past. A lot of those said "colonizers" fund museums, help Jewish charities and spread the word about horrors of nazism, yet you are so quick to belittle all of those people as "colonizers".

-Those mythical riches, that you're talking about are quite questionable. Germany was DESTROYED after WWII. USSR, UK and everyone else made sure for the infrastructure of the country to be completely demolished. Germany had to rebuild itself from point zero. There WAS NO WEALTH IN THE COUNTRY AT THIS POINT.

-Germany was paying repatriation till 2006. Modern Germans already did their deed if there was one.

Edited by WhoWho

Watson!
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

-Citizens of FRG lost all their wealth during the Soviet Era, because it was considered "communist party property", so they don't have anything to do with "colonizers" riches, that you're talking about. And that's 50% for the Modern Germany.

-Nazi grandkids don't have anything to do with their grandparents. Almost all of them changed their surnames, because of how ashamed they are of that past. A lot of those said "colonizers" fund museums, help Jewish charities and spread the word about horrors of nazism, yet you are so quick to belittle all of those people as "colonizers".

And what happened after the Soviet era? Did they use this wealth to pay back for their atrocities? Or it was shared among the innocent modern Germans?

Have all of the people who fought and voted for Hitler been discarded by their grandkids?  Seriously, I haven't heard anyone saying that their ancestors supported Hitler. It seems all these millions of people disappeared after ww2.

Edited by Watson!

JoeAg

I'll keep it cute. I've had family in the holocaust. I think they should give him compensation, period.

TasteOfYourLips
9 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

WWII Nazis that are still alive deserve punishment and that's not up for debate. However, your post feels quite misinformed and problematic.

-As I said in my previous post, Modern Germany is a country with the system of beliefs, that are radically different from those of 1940s Germany. So it's not just about changing the name. Interesting fact: It's mandatory for German schookids to visit concentration camps and learn about the dark past of their country.

-Citizens of FRG lost all their wealth during the Soviet Era, because it was considered "communist party property", so they don't have anything to do with "colonizers" riches, that you're talking about. And that's 50% for the Modern Germany.

-Those mythical riches, that you're talking about are quite questionable. Germany was DESTROYED after WWII. USSR, UK and everyone else made sure for the infrastructure of the country to be completely demolished. Germany had to rebuild itself from point zero. There WAS NO WEALTH IN THE COUNTRY AT THIS POINT.

-Germany was paying repatriation till 2006. Modern Germans already did their deed if there was one.

And your post feels quite racist. I guess you're not taught well enough about holocaust nor you have changed your belief system that much if you don't feel the need to recompensate an actual holocaust surviour being like "nOt OuR pRobleM we ChAngEd tHe NaMe aNd oUr gOvernMent iS prOgressiVe". 

The rest is so yadda yadda, so what communists nationalized private property when the wealth stayed within Eastern Germany. I won't even mention Bayern, BMW, Siemens and other german corporations that made billions on holocaust and are profiting of holocaust to this day.  And lmao maybe Berlin was severly destroyed after war (not like Germans didnt deserve it).

Monceau

Germany should pay, what the German goverment did is inexcusable.

mattelbutch
53 minutes ago, Monceau said:

Germany should pay, what the German goverment did is inexcusable.

Why

WhoWho
1 hour ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

And your post feels quite racist. I guess you're not taught well enough about holocaust nor you have changed your belief system that much if you don't feel the need to recompensate an actual holocaust surviour being like "nOt OuR pRobleM we ChAngEd tHe NaMe aNd oUr gOvernMent iS prOgressiVe". 

The rest is so yadda yadda, so what communists nationalized private property when the wealth stayed within Eastern Germany. I won't even mention Bayern, BMW, Siemens and other german corporations that made billions on holocaust and are profiting of holocaust to this day.  And lmao maybe Berlin was severly destroyed after war (not like Germans didnt deserve it).

First of all, how's anything I said racist? Is it really your first instinct to drop the "racist" card the second someone disagrees with you on the topic as complex as this one? Seriously? 

Secondly, your racism accusations are quite funny, considering that you have Camilla Cabello on your avi. It's also very funny of you to assume that I'm not taught well enough about the Horrors of the Holocaust, considering that I'm Jewish:fan:

Next, all of the companies mentioned by you were created and developed on FRG territory, they would not exist, if they operated on GDR territory :giraffe:  

Also, HVCF still exists, Germany extended the compensations to spouses of the victims of Holoucast just last year. Why sue the rail network? 

Lastly, this Dutch man didn't go to a concentration camp himself. His parents did. His life story is tragic, yet there a lot of people who lost their parents too during WWII, including German people, whose parents were not nazis. So who do they need to sue?

1 hour ago, Watson! said:

And what happened after the Soviet era? Did they use this wealth to pay back for their atrocities? Or it was shared among the innocent modern Germans?

Have all of the people who fought and voted for Hitler been discarded by their grandkids?  Seriously, I haven't heard anyone saying that their ancestors supported Hitler. It seems all these millions of people disappeared after ww2.

Yes, they actually did pay back for their atrocities. As I mentioned before, Germany still pays compensations and creates programs to help Holocaust survivors.

Most of those Nazi grandparents died long ago(don't forget that a lot of those became POWs after the end of WWII and died in their respective camps), however I'm pretty sure that most of those alive are discarded by their families.

Edited by WhoWho

Watson!
25 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

Yes, they actually did pay back for their atrocities. As I mentioned before, Germany still pays compensations and creates programs to help Holocaust survivors.

Most of those Nazi grandparents died long ago(don't forget that a lot of those became POWs after the end of WWII and died in their respective camps), however I'm pretty sure that most of those alive are discarded by their families.

I think, at least Poland and Greece can't agree on that.

WhoWho
Just now, Watson! said:

I think, at least Poland and Greece can't agree on that.

And that's a fair observation. However, Modern Germany is still not responsible for the crimes of their past leaders.

Watson!
Just now, WhoWho said:

And that's a fair observation. However, Modern Germany is still not responsible for the crimes of their past leaders.

"Past leaders"? You mean the grandparents who voted and supported Hitler? Why are you trying to shift the blame to leaders? There is personal responsibility.

TasteOfYourLips
33 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

First of all, how's anything I said racist? Is it really your first instinct to drop the "racist" card the second someone disagrees with you on the topic as complex as this one? Seriously? 

Secondly, your racism accusations are quite funny, considering that you have Camilla Cabello on your avi. It's also very funny of you to assume that I'm not taught well enough about the Horrors of the Holocaust, considering that I'm Jewish:fan:

Next, all of the companies mentioned by you were created and developed on FRG territory, they would not exist, if they operated on GDR territory :giraffe:  

Also, HVCF still exists, Germany extended the compensations to spouses of the victims of Holoucast just last year. Why sue the rail network? 

Lastly, this Dutch man didn't go to a concentration camp himself. His parents did. His life story is tragic, yet there a lot of people who lost their parents too during WWII, including German people, whose parents were not nazis. So who do they need to sue?

And I'm Polish with my great-grandmother and grandfather being on the list of victims of Nazi Germany. Did you really just brought a Camila Cabello avatar into holocaust reparations discussion? You should really rethink your behavior since this is really not your usual pop girl trashing discussion, you're really offending people.

And I don't give flying rat about German kids being orphans during WWII since they started this ****. The man has EVERY right to call himself a holocaust survivor. You're seriously wrong.

WhoWho
18 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

And I'm Polish with my great-grandmother and grandfather being on the list of victims of Nazi Germany. Did you really just brought a Camila Cabello avatar into holocaust reparations discussion? You should really rethink your behavior since this is really not your usual pop girl trashing discussion, you're really offending people.

And I don't give flying rat about German kids being orphans during WWII since they started this ****. The man has EVERY right to call himself a holocaust survivor. You're seriously wrong.

German kids started this? You do understand that they're still not responsible, right?

I like how you forgot about your "racist" card the second I mentioned I'm Jewish and moved on to "offensive" card. And yes, I find your behavior quite offensive.

Did I bring up a racist during a conversation about racism? Oh yes, I did.

And yes, that man has every right to call himself a holocaust victim. However, his elegebility for HVCF is a different question.

WhoWho
32 minutes ago, Watson! said:

"Past leaders"? You mean the grandparents who voted and supported Hitler? Why are you trying to shift the blame to leaders? There is personal responsibility.

The grandparents who voted for Hitler in 1932? Who are probably not even alive today? Yes, they are to blame just as much as Hitler. 

But are their kids and grandchildren responsible for their actions? No. As simple as that. No.

Watson!
11 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

The grandparents who voted for Hitler in 1932? Who are probably not even alive today? Yes, they are to blame just as much as Hitler. 

But are their kids and grandchildren responsible for their actions? No. As simple as that. No.

It is really interesting that Germans want to get away with the atrocities and damage they created in economies and societies. At they same time, they force austerity measures to southern Europeans that lead to high unemployment and poverty for young people that were not responsible for the debt of their countries. It seems that greek, Italian and Spanish youth deserve to be punished for the overspending of their parents, grandparents. That does not apply to Germans..

rzal

As he should!

WmLJdoe.png  

1 hour ago, WhoWho said:

The way Germany is the only country on earth that had this great PR :toofunny2: "Oh it wasn't us it was the nazis!!!" :dies: It's a great country now but it's funny to me.

TasteOfYourLips
9 hours ago, WhoWho said:

German kids started this? You do understand that they're still not responsible, right?

I like how you forgot about your "racist" card the second I mentioned I'm Jewish and moved on to "offensive" card. And yes, I find your behavior quite offensive.

Did I bring up a racist during a conversation about racism? Oh yes, I did.

And yes, that man has every right to call himself a holocaust victim. However, his elegebility for HVCF is a different question.

Considering the **** you posted I think you're as Jewish as I am an NASA astronaut. And no I didn't drop my "racist card" that bit about Nazi grand kids being rich but making generous dontation is straight out what American slavery apologists would say but I have no time to write essays explaining that if all you going to do is going to bounce back at me like we were talking about pop girls being offensive at the same time.

Speaking of slavery and colonialism, have the changed non-racist Germany paid up to all African countries they colonized and exploited or this is excused over name change as well?

Edited by TasteOfYourLips

WhoWho
12 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

Considering the **** you posted I think you're as Jewish as I am an NASA astronaut. And no I didn't drop my "racist card" that bit about Nazi grand kids being rich but making generous dontation is straight out what American slavery apologists would say but I have no time to write essays explaining that if all you going to do is going to bounce back at me like we were talking about pop girls being offensive at the same time.

Speaking of slavery and colonialism, have the changed non-racist Germany paid up to all African countries they colonized and exploited or this is excused over name change as well?

My "bit about Nazi grand kids being rich" was based on your bit about mythical concentration camps wealth. The way you "bounce back" each time and find a way to erase my Jewish identity, or accuse me of being racist is funny.

As if any other country owned up to the mistakes of previous generations and paid back. No one cares, because we are not responsible for what our ancestors were doing 80 years ago. Get over it.

Brunette Ambition
24 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

My "bit about Nazi grand kids being rich" was based on your bit about mythical concentration camps wealth. The way you "bounce back" each time and find a way to erase my Jewish identity, or accuse me of being racist is funny.

As if any other country owned up to the mistakes of previous generations and paid back. No one cares, because we are not responsible for what our ancestors were doing 80 years ago. Get over it.

dont argue with that user, he will twist it however he wants 

you were spilling though :clap3: 

my great grandpa was a prominent member of the KPD and publicly executed on the very market place i walk over every day. why should i ask for reperations? :rip: