Link16

Is Taylor power similar to MJ/Madonna level?

peterstyles13
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

hitler was also times people of the year,why you linking me racist trash magazine? whats wrong with swifties.

can you guys understand what is cultural impact. if she has any you wouldnt have to link me absolutely irrelevant articles,

billie eilish is also pop star of the generation that doesnt mean she did ****. she stole style from aaliyah and is getting

rich of pretending she sad. are you smoking something? what is this article suppose to prove besides she has no impact?

she doesnt have one good performance, iconic video, viral even moment (like omg even lil nas has that), she not talk of the town

nobody cares. shes just a singer that sold a lot of records, like celine dion as somebody mentioned. doesnt mean she defined culture

because she didnt.

Actual STUDIES have been done showing Taylor contributed to booming the economy of entire cities :rip: She made the biggest tech company in the world change their policies simply by writing a public letter :rip: She caused the biggest voter registration spike in years by making a political statement :rip: Studies show she's directly responsible for boost in different activities such as taking guitar classes and buy polaroids :rip: Sexual assault hotlines have seen a huge increase after she spoke out about her own sexual assault, as proven by studies again :rip:  HOW is that not impact? There's actual facts to back it up too. :skull:

Sorry that you PERSONALLY don't feel like she has impact because you don't think she has "good performances, iconic videos, viral moments like Lil Nas" ( :skull:) as if anyone cares about your personal opinion in this matter. Your entire post just shows how much of a joke your argument is. Sorry! 

Edited by peterstyles13

sweetkiss
1 minute ago, peterstyles13 said:

Actual STUDIES have been done showing Taylor contributed to booming the economy of entire cities :rip: She made the biggest tech company in the world change their policies simply by writing a public letter :rip: She caused the biggest voter registration spike in years by making a political statement :rip: Studies show she's directly responsible for boost in different activities such as taking guitar classes and buy polaroids :rip: Sexual assault hotlines have seen a huge increase after she spoke out about her own sexual assault, as proven by studies again :rip:  HOW is that not impact? There's actual facts to back it up too. :skull:

Sorry that you PERSONALLY don't feel like she has impact because you don't think she has "good performances, iconic videos, viral moments like Lil Nas" ( :skull:) as if anyone cares about your personal opinion in this matter. Your entire post just shows how much of a joke your argument is. Sorry! 

omg, how do swifties do not get tired. ur just mentioning personal affairs and daily activities LOOOL, please go educate urself on pop culture,

cuz anyone that knows actual legends cant even blink during taylor performance cause its such a joke! pure disbelief that somebody doing

pop star job for so long still performs how dua lipa started. I cant believe u telling me that  even a STUDY needed to be made so anyone

can see Taylor impact, and you not getting why? Maybe cause its so TINY we need microscope and actuall study

peterstyles13
1 minute ago, sweetkiss said:

I cant believe u telling me that  even a STUDY needed to be made so anyone can see Taylor impact, and you not getting why? 

Perhaps because some people like to be educated and base their opinions on objective facts instead of incoherently rambling about what they personally and subjectively feel is "iconic!1!1!1" and "impactful!1!1!1!!"? Am I supposed to feel bad that I would much rather rely on reliable sources instead of the biased feelings of ATRL user sweetkiss? :skull:

Cheers

In several ways, she's much bigger. Madonna nor MJ had such a massive fanbase. 

Swamp

Yes, in 20 years we will be reminiscing about how she was bigger than them too :cm:

Ressti

Not in the slightest. She doesnt challenge any school of thought, so she doesnt inspire fanaticism on that level. However, she is incredibly marketable, probably more so for that very reason.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

Flops are just mad their faves will never be on MJ/Madonna/Taylor/Adele level & longevity. :)

“Flops”? The nerve.

Much like your fave who will NEVER even be on Ariana Grande’s level.

Stay out of this Selena Gomez stan. - this is between actual MPG’s. :rip:

1 hour ago, Genio said:

Taylor is literally not huge in Germany :rip: Twist my words and break your neck as hard as you want, Taylor is NOT A HUGE star in Germany...

Where are Taylor's #1 albums and singles in Germany? NON-EXISTENT. NEVER had one. Katy had #1 singles, Gaga had #1 albums and singles, Rihanna had #1 singles, Beyonce had #1 singles and albums. Taylor Swift NEVER had a #1 single and album, like Ariana and Miley. 

That vevo screenshot is supposed to show us what? :ahh:

79684669_1600216630121596_1253661293974388736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=9WoY82sSYT4AX8DaeW1&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=7a4c1d6b4263407183a2ffd0e0dc4ad3&oe=5F4BAD6F

Taylor wasn't even in the Top 10 last year while Ariana was #1...Taylor was only high on the decade end list because her music wasn't available anywhere other than YouTube or iTunes...and Luis Fonsi is Top 5 on the same DECADE end list...what does that tell us? :skull: Irrelevant proof...next.

She is not huge in Germany, peope have heard her name but they couldn't really tell you any song of hers if you are under the age of 25...I kid you not.

Bye, I'm not going to argue with you delusional Swiftie. You know you won't win this one.

She is NOT and will never be on Madonna or MJs level. Next.

:deadbanana4:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

LikeaRebel
29 minutes ago, Cheers said:

:ace:

Cheers
1 minute ago, LikeaRebel said:

:ace:

Madonna has had albums not go #1 in the US. Taylor's fanbase would never allow that. 

Swirl900

The fact that we're even having this discussion shows how massive and impactful she is...

She's already bigger in the US and China, and it seems like she isn't going anywhere anytime soon. :giraffe:

SelenaTheWinner
14 minutes ago, Swirl900 said:

The fact that we're even having this discussion shows how massive and impactful she is...

She's already bigger in the US and China, and it seems like she isn't going anywhere anytime soon. :giraffe:

Please, dont state any truths. Or the flops will cry again. 

Artistofthedecade
1 hour ago, Genio said:

Mess I forgot she was in Germany

Anyways this isn't about Ariana and Taylor, we know Taylor is bigger. 

Taylor however is not on the same level as Madonna and MJ and never will be.

Goodbye

I never said Taylor is in the same level, and time will tell if she will or won't be. 

Sorry for you missing Sweetener tour btw. Goodbye :eli:

1 hour ago, sweetkiss said:

omg, how do swifties do not get tired. ur just mentioning personal affairs and daily activities LOOOL, please go educate urself on pop culture,

cuz anyone that knows actual legends cant even blink during taylor performance cause its such a joke! pure disbelief that somebody doing

pop star job for so long still performs how dua lipa started. I cant believe u telling me that  even a STUDY needed to be made so anyone

can see Taylor impact, and you not getting why? Maybe cause its so TINY we need microscope and actuall study

What are you even still trying Bieber stan?

At least know to accept you were wrong and let it go. It was clear after your "ı said what ı said" post already, you have no search to back up your thoughts but like it was not enough, you also tried it with @peterstyles13 once again.

And if you think "iconic videos or performances" means more for culture than fighting for equality, encourage woman to speak about sexual assault, trying to change country's future from getting worse with racism, homophobia etc... it just tells more about you. Priorities ı guess :biblio: :biblio:

genio
1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I never said Taylor is in the same level, and time will tell if she will or won't be. 

Sorry for you missing Sweetener tour btw. Goodbye :eli:

Taylor icin neler yapmiyosun sen kiz yeter artik

FAz0h8d.gif

Artistofthedecade
1 minute ago, Genio said:

Taylor icin neler yapmiyosun sen kiz yeter artik

What do you mean, we are in Atrl. We are supposed to discuss about pop culture here. 

If you can't take the heat, stand out of kitchen :)

Aram

Maybe in the US, i'd say even bigger than Madonna in the US. 

But worldwide is a different story, she is known but not as huge as other pop girls. 

genio
Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

What do you mean, we are in Atrl. We are supposed to discuss about pop culture here. 

If you can't take the heat, stand out of kitchen :)

im kidding askim

FAz0h8d.gif

sasashite

In the US, yes. 

Sergi91

Not as big as MJ/Madonna but definitely bigger than Beyonce 

sweetkiss
2 hours ago, peterstyles13 said:

Perhaps because some people like to be educated and base their opinions on objective facts instead of incoherently rambling about what they personally and subjectively feel is "iconic!1!1!1" and "impactful!1!1!1!!"? Am I supposed to feel bad that I would much rather rely on reliable sources instead of the biased feelings of ATRL user sweetkiss? :skull:

maybe ATRL user sweetkiss was behind the article you linked. how bold of you to say that and you have no idea who I am in real life lol.

but nonetheless, can you leave me alone, you think she a legend, go off. who AM I to tell you otherwise :heart:

sweetkiss
1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And if you think "iconic videos or performances" means more for culture than fighting for equality, encourage woman to speak about sexual assault, trying to change country's future from getting worse with racism, homophobia etc... it just tells more about you. Priorities ı guess :biblio: :biblio:

Hun, when we talk about legends I have no personal emotions involved as Taylor or Bieber as you said are not my child. 

Great for her (and Bieber who did a lot of great deeds too) but IDC, we talking about legends on the level of MADONNA AND MJ.

I now wanna be left alone, as I say my point, I can possibly explain it in one post, not million, like I said to another user,

live in your lala land, I also think Cassie Ventura is a legend, but Im not gonna seriously say it if somebody asks me,

cause I have head on my shoulders and I know good music (or impressive sales in your case) dont mean anything.

*-ChriZ-*

Question is: Is she even on par with the country legend that is Dolly Parton? I don't think so, let alone MJ and/or Madonna.

Wikipedia

Madonna was known for being a great performer while Taylor is known for being a great lyricist. Their talents lie in completely different areas (whereas MJ was known for both his artistry AND his skills as a performer). I think Taylor's success is better off being compared to someone like Stevie Nicks or Paul McCartney. 

Michael196
8 hours ago, slw84 said:

THis is a fraudulent statement. 

Mariah Carey, Britney, Eminem, Beyonce, Adele, Bieber and gaga but Taylor is consistent seller and has a strong brand.

her pop culture reach isn't bigger but she makes great pop music for a big base and is consistently serving adequate/good bops.

not you trying to slip the 2/3 era wonders here lol, Mariah and Eminem are understandable and Adele because she made a mark no one will ever touch, and Bey to a certain point tho she's way behind but the rest.... :priceless:

Artistofthedecade
32 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

I have head on my shoulders and I know good music

I highly doubt about that 

26 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Question is: Is she even on par with the country legend that is Dolly Parton? I don't think so, let alone MJ and/or Madonna.

Yes, she already sold more than Dolly without 50 studio album. And unlike Dolly, she is a force outside of US as well. 

Alexz
2 hours ago, Cheers said:

Because they were sexual and riskier. Taylor is very nice, but she is safe and bland too.