Link16

Is Taylor power similar to MJ/Madonna level?

Artistofthedecade
1 hour ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

She is the pop star of the moment 

Which one? It has been 15 years :ahh:

59 minutes ago, jpow said:

Because the sales of 21 and 25 far eclipse anything Taylor has done.

21 is the best selling album of the 21st century and is listed as Billboard's top album of all time.  25 sold 3.37 million copies in it's first week and is the fastest selling album of the 21st century in the US.  Taylor's highest album is still a lot at 1.28 million in a week for 1989, but is only a little over a third of what 25 did.

So if you are choosing a current artist who's sales have had the most impact, it's going to be Adele and not Taylor.

So if it is 3 million sales it is = impact but if it is 1.2 million, it is success? :ahh:

57 minutes ago, itsnickcray said:

She's obviously one of the most successful artists of all time but at the same time the most uneventful and vanilla one. 

Uneventful but her last album release week was most streamed week for a female artist in Spotify, broke first day Apple and Spotify record and opened with biggest first week sales of the year. 

But it is uneventful because Atrl user itsnickcray didn't feel it enough despite numbers prove it otherwise. :isudumblmao:

15 minutes ago, Genio said:

I live in Germany and this is a straight up lie lmao :skull: she is NOT big in Germany, she's on the level of Ariana and Miley. Others like Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga and Katy are miles above her here.

I will take numbers instead of your opinion. 

Taylor is not in the same level with Ariana who can't even sell out arenas in her peak in Germany :deadbanana2:

Most watched artists of decade in Germany. 

Screenshot-20200316-203327.jpg

Despite being released 4 months before Lover, Ariana's peak era thank u next was only 8 spot above Lover at year end charts. :sorry:

12 minutes ago, Robi said:

Taylor is not even on Ed Sheeran level 

Taylor is MUCH above Ed. He only has 4 albums.

How is Taylor only first weeks? :ahh:

Her least cercified album except Lover is eligible for 4-5 platinum while they open with 1 million. Not even %20 ratio. :rip:

jpow
1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

So if it is 3 million sales it is = impact but if it is 1.2 million, it is success? :ahh:

I didn't say it was bad, but if we are giving legend status to someone with sales only, then the pop star with 3x as many sales as Taylor would of course get her status first :ahh:

Cute

yes, as others have pointed out, she IS the music industry :sistrens:

Artistofthedecade
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Dopeamine said:

Don't make me laugh. Britney, Eminem, Adele, Beyonce, Rihanna, and Gaga have all been more powerful/influential than Taylor, so how could Taylor be similar to MJ and Madonna's level of power? 

59 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Screenshot-20191101-163420.jpg

Screenshot-20191101-163332.jpg

Screenshot-20191101-163314.jpg

Screenshot-20200605-160100.jpg

Screenshot-20200201-173244.jpg

Screenshot-20200801-185257.jpg

Screenshot-20191101-163359.jpg

Y'all should stop with "No impact!!! :isudumblmao:" thing at this point. This is just embarrassing. Numbers are RIGHT THERE. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

genio
10 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Taylor is not in the same level with Ariana who can't even sell out arenas in her peak in Germany :deadbanana2:

Despite being released 4 months before Lover, Ariana's peak era thank u next was only 8 spot above Lover at year end charts. :sorry:

Taylor is literally not huge in Germany :rip: Twist my words and break your neck as hard as you want, Taylor is NOT A HUGE star in Germany...

Where are Taylor's #1 albums and singles in Germany? NON-EXISTENT. NEVER had one. Katy had #1 singles, Gaga had #1 albums and singles, Rihanna had #1 singles, Beyonce had #1 singles and albums. Taylor Swift NEVER had a #1 single and album, like Ariana and Miley. 

That vevo screenshot is supposed to show us what? :ahh:

79684669_1600216630121596_1253661293974388736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=9WoY82sSYT4AX8DaeW1&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=7a4c1d6b4263407183a2ffd0e0dc4ad3&oe=5F4BAD6F

Taylor wasn't even in the Top 10 last year while Ariana was #1...Taylor was only high on the decade end list because her music wasn't available anywhere other than YouTube or iTunes...and Luis Fonsi is Top 5 on the same DECADE end list...what does that tell us? :skull: Irrelevant proof...next.

She is not huge in Germany, peope have heard her name but they couldn't really tell you any song of hers if you are under the age of 25...I kid you not.

Bye, I'm not going to argue with you delusional Swiftie. You know you won't win this one.

She is NOT and will never be on Madonna or MJs level. Next.

SelenaTheWinner

She is A LEGEND! 

Marvin

No. You need more than sales to be compared with Michael and Madonna...

Robi
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Which one? It has been 15 years :ahh:

Uneventful but her last album release week was most streamed week for a female artist in Spotify, broke first day Apple and Spotify record and opened with biggest first week sales of the year. 

But it is uneventful because Atrl user itsnickcray didn't feel it enough despite numbers prove it otherwise. :isudumblmao:

Taylor is MUCH above Ed. He only has 4 albums.

How is Taylor only first weeks? :ahh:

Her least cercified album except Lover is eligible for 4-5 platinum while they open with 1 million. Not even %20 ratio. :rip:

And his albums are selling better worldwide than hers... only The States have better numbers than him... according to Wiki he has sold over 19 mln copies with 4 albums where Taylor 48 mln with 8 albums and 32 mln album (again Wiki) only in the States so that gives you 16mln rest of the world an average 2 mln per album ... is that a lot? 1989 was her peak and breakthrough for the rest of the world 

she might have impact in the US but that’s it...

Europe knows her for 1989 era and that’s all

Edited by Robi

SelenaTheWinner
21 minutes ago, Cute said:

yes, as others have pointed out, she IS the music industry :sistrens:

Flops are just mad their faves will never be on MJ/Madonna/Taylor/Adele level & longevity. :)

sweetkiss
3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Countless new acts already stated her as their influence. I guess this will be... 

Whatever makes you happy ı guess :rip:

Screenshot-20191101-163420.jpg

Screenshot-20191101-163332.jpg

Screenshot-20191101-163314.jpg

Screenshot-20200605-160100.jpg

Screenshot-20200201-173244.jpg

Screenshot-20200801-185257.jpg

She is pretty big in UK and Germany but ı don't think world turn around Europe either way. 

I said what I said. 

Artistofthedecade
4 minutes ago, Genio said:

Taylor is literally not huge in Germany :rip: Twist my words and break your neck as hard as you want, Taylor is NOT A HUGE star in Germany...

According to? User Genio who was melting about Taylor's Spotify record a few days ago... No thanks, ı will go with numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Genio said:

Where are Taylor's #1 albums and singles in Germany? NON-EXISTENT

I know you get to use quick little 1s since some people you know get them and then freefall but longevity is the key. 

1989 is PLATINUM in Germany. Where is Ariana and Miley's platinum album? NON-EXISTENT. NOT EVEN GOLD. :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Genio said:

Taylor wasn't even in the Top 10 last year while Ariana was #1

You posted 1 year, ı posted DECADE list. This speaks enough. 

Let's check if they are in the same level ONCE AGAIN

Year end charts Germany

Thank u next #80 

Lover #88

Sweetener OUT

Reputation #60 

Dangerous woman OUT

1989 #71-#56

Tours :

Thank u next tour 

Hamburg - 12,614 / 13,377

1989 tour 

Cologne - 29,020 / 29,020

They are not even close and numbers are there. :sorry:

17 minutes ago, Genio said:

She is NOT and will never be on Madonna or MJs level. Next.

I never claimed she were or will. Next. 

Da Vinci
21 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Y'all should stop with "No impact!!! :isudumblmao:" thing at this point. This is just embarrassing. Numbers are RIGHT THERE. 

All these sensationalized headlines and I still see nothing about culture that Taylor changed

Only that she used her current relevance to bring more attention to something

Even in the Miss Americana doc it is clearly shown she brought her fans to vote but it wasn't enough to cause the intended effect

So yeah, still no cultural impact :rip: 

genio
1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Tours :

Thank u next tour 

Hamburg - 12,614 / 13,377

Ariana didn't even come here during the Sweetener World Tour :skull: Y'all really grasping for fake receipts now lmao..the last time she was here was during her SECOND era 5 years ago and almost sold out a whole arena while not even having a Top 10 at that time, her POWER :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Let's check if they are in the same level ONCE AGAIN

Yeah let's!

Taylor's Top 10's in Germany (2012 - 2017 - 5 years)

#2 I Don't Wanna Live Forever

#3 Look What U Made Me Do

#5 Shake It Off

#9 I Knew You Were Trouble

#9 Blank Space

Ariana's Top 10's in Germany (2018 - 2020 - 2 years)

#2 No Tears Left To Cry

#4 7 Rings

#8 Break Up With Your Girlfriend

#9 Rain On Me

Seem to be on the same level to me :sorry:  

Ghiles

Maaaaaaybe in the US

She's not even at their feet's level globally speaking

GreatestLoveofAll
Posted (edited)

Cut the Celine slander on the first page.

And she's the biggest and most consistent popstar since their primes but its not really comparable to MJ who wasnt consistent in his prime releases. Madonna on the other hand was. 

But thats mostly sales ofc. 

Edited by GreatestLoveofAll
adding

itsnickcray
56 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I never questioned her success, like I said before. I don't think she's that pop culture phenomenon with eventful moments (besides sales and charts, if you like to count them).

Artistofthedecade
9 minutes ago, Robi said:

And his albums are selling better worldwide than hers... only The States have better numbers than him... according to Wiki he has sold over 19 mln copies with 4 albums where Taylor 48 mln with 8 albums and 32 mln album (again Wiki) only in the States so that gives you 16mln rest of the world an average 2 mln per album ... is that a lot? 1989 was her peak and breakthrough for the rest of the world 

she might have impact in the US but that’s it...

Europe knows her for 1989 era and that’s all

Taylor also has bigger numbers in Asia. Ed has Europe. I don't even know why it matters where they sell. 1 sale 1 person, wherever they sell it. 

And ı don't even say both North America and Asia has bigger music market then Europe. 

Ed is about 50 million album units while Taylor is about 90 million(100 according to Republic). Until he surpass Taylor's number, ıdk how he is bigger. 

7 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

I said what I said. 

And it was wrong :)

1 minute ago, Da Vinci said:

All these sensationalized headlines and I still see nothing about culture that Taylor changed

Only that she used her current relevance to bring more attention to something

Even in the Miss Americana doc it is clearly shown she brought her fans to vote but it wasn't enough to cause the intended effect

So yeah, still no cultural impact :rip: 

If you don't count 360.000 new votes in a 3 day, 750.000 sign for a petition about Equality Law or changing rules of biggest brand of the world "non-impactful or not related to culture", ı would really like to here biggest impacts of the names you listed just to understand what impact means... Standarts must be REALLY high then... :rip:

Also results of 2016 and 2018 was pretty different in Tennessee. 

Artistofthedecade
30 minutes ago, Genio said:

Ariana didn't even come here during the Sweetener World Tour :skull: Y'all really grasping for fake receipts now lmao..the last time she was here was during her SECOND era 5 years ago and almost sold out a whole arena while not even having a Top 10 at that time, her POWER :clap3: 

?  :rip:

34 minutes ago, Genio said:

Seem to be on the same level to me :sorry:

If you compare peaks, of course it would. By same logic, me! is bigger hit than Love Story :dies: 

Year end charts include songs and streams anyway, which represents total era's success. 

16 minutes ago, itsnickcray said:

I don't think she's that pop culture phenomenon with eventful moments

How would you define eventful moment? 

sweetkiss
18 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And it was wrong :)

taylor impact is non existant. I dont have to link you article to tell you why is Michael Jackson impactful.

You either have it or you dont.

ps ur articles had no correlation with cultural impact

peterstyles13
5 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Demographics play a big part too. Michael, Madonna, Prince, Whitney, etc. were universally loved by everyone. You’re not going to see the black community, or any minority community of that matter, care about her or her music. You’re not.

Stats show 51% of the traffic on her website are by non-white people :rip: 

Brando
5 hours ago, bluth said:

gays always undersell (and misunderstand) madonna by comparing any girl with big sales to her. madonna was so much more than her sales

taylor reminds me more of someone like celine. great stats but probably won’t have the lasting influence that madonna had 

Taylor will always be revered for her songwriting, a-la Joni Mitchell.

Every artist is different. ATRL loves to compare every popgirl career trajectory to Madonna's. But it's just not happening. 

Mezter
5 hours ago, bluth said:

gays always undersell (and misunderstand) madonna by comparing any girl with big sales to her. madonna was so much more than her sales

taylor reminds me more of someone like celine. great stats but probably won’t have the lasting influence that madonna had 

This. They were more about impact. Taylor has impact but it’s not the same

genio
5 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

?  :rip:

If you compare peaks, of course it would. By same logic, me! is bigger hit than Love Story :dies: 

Year end charts include songs and streams anyway, which represents total era's success. 

Mess I forgot she was in Germany

FAz0h8d.gif

Anyways this isn't about Ariana and Taylor, we know Taylor is bigger. 

Taylor however is not on the same level as Madonna and MJ and never will be.

Goodbye

FAz0h8d.gif

peterstyles13
sweetkiss
3 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

hitler was also times people of the year,why you linking me racist trash magazine? whats wrong with swifties.

can you guys understand what is cultural impact. if she has any you wouldnt have to link me absolutely irrelevant articles,

billie eilish is also pop star of the generation that doesnt mean she did ****. she stole style from aaliyah and is getting

rich of pretending she sad. are you smoking something? what is this article suppose to prove besides she has no impact?

she doesnt have one good performance, iconic video, viral even moment (like omg even lil nas has that), she not talk of the town

nobody cares. shes just a singer that sold a lot of records, like celine dion as somebody mentioned. doesnt mean she defined culture

because she didnt.