finally the tik tok hits are over!!!!!

enchanted0

:biblio: Love Story is still going viral

Horizon Flame
10 minutes ago, Erotic said:

The digital era girls won 

The what?

jqnetto

guess the youngsters will have to move to certified by the United States Facebook's TEC TAC or something like that. :gaycat4:

Phantom
Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

If you don't think this decision is rooted in Sinophobia, you're delusional. Trump built his campaign on xenophobia towards Mexico and China. This is just part of that.

This is a political move for sure but to call things associated with CCP sinophobic is also delusional and a common rhetoric to shutdown critique in the "West is worse!" worldview. CCP =/= not China or the Chinese GP (ofc different or even both it's a social media post/trend), and this is coming from someone who makes threads about the CCP government's messes often over the last few months - not because I am sinophobic, but I actually live in a place that is often engaged with China - both on the cyber front and the actual military front. 

And yes to rouse nationalism the external enemy tactic is certainly a trope; however Tiktok itself withdrew from Hong Kong following the National Security Law, likely to prevent data queries from the CCP - which Google and Facebook already denied. Tiktok is also distancing itself from Douyin (the actual China counterpart) and trying to rebrand. As that user said, this is a good decision in itself and will probably make young people vote against Trump, so win-win.

And in case a whataboutism about Western data collection is your next argument (not saying it will be, just because it comes up often) - the Facebook?Apple data harvesting is also abhorrent; and I hate it and have talked about how stupid it is that having social media is all but mandatory nowadays - the world currency is data, and has been for a while. The information going in and out of China's cyberspace is monitored heavily for this reason (interestingly viral Tiktoks often include 'disguised' information meant to bypass the censor); also why FB/Twitter are 'banned' there (read: those Western organizations not complying with mainland rules) - Western corporations want that huge market data for themselves, ultimately.

Elite Four Brad

the way he's just going to piss off people even more to vote against him 

jpow
11 minutes ago, mariposa said:

:bibliahh:

Bey Admired

This is going to slowly escalate from an economic war to a world war. 

montacelo

It’s so weird to me how y’all are happy. Like it’s just an app chill

gays are something else I swear 

Insanity

My friend who is a Trump supporter now hates Trump because hes banning tik tok :bibliahh:

She didnt hate him for other things but tik tok :bibliahh:

Mr. Blue_Shirt

I still confused why US is banning Tik Tok. Is it because Tik Tok is a chinese app and they found some anti-US propaganda or something?

I can't :ahh:

chris1991

What a dictator 

SummerTime

Based

Ampersand13
6 minutes ago, Insanity said:

My friend who is a Trump supporter now hates Trump because hes banning tik tok :bibliahh:

I-

I was about to post whether or not people were being serious about this actually getting people to the poles/change their opinions on Trump but I guess this is all the proof I needed. ‘Harass women and you’re fine, take away Tik Tok and you’ll die’

xDiamondx
1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I see only bitter old gay millennials pressed at Gen Z for dragging them on TikTok for being hopeless losers celebrating this.

All because of Sinophobia. pffft :skull: 

I'm celebrating this because it will BACKFIRE BIGLY on Trump. Nothing he does goes right :skull:

Phantom
12 minutes ago, Insanity said:

sdkjfjsdk

WHEW she better vote

xDiamondx
31 minutes ago, mariposa said:

It has begun, people. I-   :bibliahh:

i spit on haters

Disgusting, racist app. -- Never cared for it. Love how this is a top concern for him. PLUMMETING in polls and losing key states to sleepy Joe, a growing pandemic, people soon to be evicted from their homes, millions out of work and without their job provided healthcare and people without healthcare in general, extra unemployment benefits cut, etc. and he's focused on banning...tik tok. Truly 'the land of the free'.  

Sexyzinger

I won’t miss it. It became a messy and annoying influence towards music industry marketing.

Letters From Adi

A new clone will pop up in a few weeks lmao.

Holiest Dreams

TikTok has a racist and homophobic history aside from other shady stuff. They should be banned.

Buffy

One of the only things he’s done right.