mikeyace16

Which MPGs are/will become truly legends?

My Tears Ricochet

Taylor, Gaga and Ariana

fridayteenage

Albums-wise, ladies with multiple albums on the Greatest Billboard 200 Albums by Women T50.

Taylor

Adele

Alicia

Whitney

Celine

Mariah

Janet

Victon

Legends (Album, Tours)

Madonna

P!nk

Taylor

Beyonce

Celine Dion

Adele

Gaga

Chika
10 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

Madonna doesn’t own walking down a hall in a suit or dressing up like royalty :huh: And this random probably fake article just spouts cookie-cutter crap like”inspired to be a powerful female” as if Madonna invented that. 

11 hours ago, Ayanaa said:

But she is on that level no matter how you spin it. She has literally EVERY receipt to prove that. She was a GLOBAL MEGASTAR, something that Beyonce has never been and never will be. The biggest and most succesful female artist of ALL TIME.  Your fave doesn’t even have 20% of Madonna’s sales OR impact. You think she is not remembered because she is not dead, MJ was laughing stock the day before he died and a saint on the day he died and after that. 

I did not say Madonna is currently the most famous person of today, but she is the most famous person that ONCE was who is still alive. 

Funny how you mention how Beyonce is bigger in NorthAmerica, she is not. It is the only market where Beyonce is remotely succesful tho, but still she can’t even outachive the likes of Taylor Swift and others. Enough said. 

Madonna is the greatest, biggest and most succesful female artist of all time and it is already too late for Beyonce (or any other artist that is even closer like Taylor Swift) to catch up on. 

Go focus on Black Is King, it is making absolutely zero noise. Another flop for Miss Beyonce in the bag. Flop after flop after flop. It is sad at this point. 

My point wasn’t that she had “receipts” or numbers or random articles that state she’s inspired people, no one outside of stans cares about that. I even admitted Madonna has obviously sold more. My point was that in the court of public opinion, Madonna is not held in a higher regard than Beyoncé. Madonna is not remembered, just look at that “kids react to Madonna” video or her streaming figures or even straight up ask a sample group if they know who Madonna is. Unless the lived through her peak or are into music, they either won’t know who she is or not hold her up to be some ‘legend”. Madonna is less streamed than Elvis, a 50s act that died before the majority of people (and certainly everyone who uses streaming) were even born. You can keep your receipts and figures because the GP doesn’t care, they care that Beyoncé is “Queen” and they love her, and Madonna doesn’t have the same public support anymore.

Edited by Chika

BGKC

I think it’s safe to say Taylor is a legend by now. Since “1989” iyam. Gaga has pretty much hit legend status last year. Bey has been one since 2011 or so, same goes for Britney and Xtina. Alicia Keys is one too. Nicki is well on her way. Adele just is a legend. 

Rihanna is still just an icon until she decides to be a legend in the music industry. Idk what to think of Ariana. An icon for sure but I still haven’t seen any legendary tingz from her to be considered. Another 3 years or so from her will probably make up my mind. 

There’s other legends but not particularly MPGs. 

Almost Home

Beyoncé and Taylor Swift are already legends. 

Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Adele had a decent shot but some of their career choices have definitely set them back.

sweetkiss
7 minutes ago, Chika said:

Madonna doesn’t own walking down a hall in a suit or dressing up like royalty :huh: And this random probably fake article just spouts cookie-cutter crap like”inspired to be a powerful female” as if Madonna invented that. 

:psyduck:oh wow, so you just willingly choose to not be educated on pop culture. Ok. go off 

sweetkiss
5 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Taylor Swiftlegend

Rihanna  had a decent shot but some of their career choices have definitely set them back.

I dont think you guys know what a legend is lol. 

MingYouToo

Idk but Rihanna doesnt scream legend to me. Shes definitely an iconic hitmaker but to put her alongside Taylor, Beyonce, Madonna is kinda ridiculous.

Shes a hit making chameleon thats for sure, but a legend, shes a very wealthy businesswoman but a music industry titan? Giant, sure, titan, probably not.

Valentine

All of them :heart:

Ayanaa
2 hours ago, Chika said:

My point wasn’t that she had “receipts” or numbers or random articles that state she’s inspired people, no one outside of stans cares about that. I even admitted Madonna has obviously sold more. My point was that in the court of public opinion, Madonna is not held in a higher regard than Beyoncé. Madonna is not remembered, just look at that “kids react to Madonna” video or her streaming figures or even straight up ask a sample group if they know who Madonna is. Unless the lived through her peak or are into music, they either won’t know who she is or not hold her up to be some ‘legend”. Madonna is less streamed than Elvis, a 50s act that died before the majority of people (and certainly everyone who uses streaming) were even born. You can keep your receipts and figures because the GP doesn’t care, they care that Beyoncé is “Queen” and they love her, and Madonna doesn’t have the same public support anymore.

Girl bye Beyonce is only Queen to millenials.

She doesn’t even have young fans like that.

Michael Jackson is already vastly outviewing Beyonce on YouTube and he’s been dead for like a decade. Madonna is catching up rapidly those last few months too.

Beyonce views 2020: 675 million. Madonna in 2020: 475 million. It’s embarassing when you realize Madonna debuted in 1983 and Beyonce in 2003.

Tell me one time how she is not remembered, she will remembered from 100 years from now on as the biggest female artist of all time, Beyonce will just be remembered as a sort of Tina Turner of this generation.

Beyonce is supposed to be the biggest thing out right now by her fans but the statistics tell us different again and again. 

https://kworb.net/youtube/topartists_2020.html

Sad Serenade

Adele, Taylor, Gaga.

badgirlriri

Rihanna, Beyonce, and Taylor are the only ones I'd say are already legends. 

badgirlriri
6 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

Idk but Rihanna doesnt scream legend to me. Shes definitely an iconic hitmaker but to put her alongside Taylor, Beyonce, Madonna is kinda ridiculous.

Shes a hit making chameleon thats for sure, but a legend, shes a very wealthy businesswoman but a music industry titan? Giant, sure, titan, probably not.

Sombody with 14 #1s, most weeks T10, and one of the few major artists to own all of their masters is absolutely a music industry titan :skull: 

worldwide angel

bey already is one :giraffe:

taylor is almost there, so is adele 

ariana needs a few more albums 

gaga as well 

katy might be stuck at icon level but idk 

EDIT: oh and rih is the closest out of all of them besides bey :giraffe:

Edited by worldwide angel

*-ChriZ-*
4 hours ago, Ayanaa said:

Girl bye Beyonce is only Queen to millenials.

She doesn’t even have young fans like that.

Michael Jackson is already vastly outviewing Beyonce on YouTube and he’s been dead for like a decade. Madonna is catching up rapidly those last few months too.

Beyonce views 2020: 675 million. Madonna in 2020: 475 million. It’s embarassing when you realize Madonna debuted in 1983 and Beyonce in 2003.

Tell me one time how she is not remembered, she will remembered from 100 years from now on as the biggest female artist of all time, Beyonce will just be remembered as a sort of Tina Turner of this generation.

Beyonce is supposed to be the biggest thing out right now by her fans but the statistics tell us different again and again. 

https://kworb.net/youtube/topartists_2020.html

Most of Beys streams and views stem from her incredible catalog and im sure ur numbers do not include DC, a big part of Beys career as well. 

Nicolette

You really cant tell. Youve got to give it time. To me the people that stand outs are Beyonce and Taylor , and Rihanna in terms of consistent success, impact, and critical acclaim. However Rihanna is not yet a legend. Its simply too early to tell. One thing she has over others is consistent mainstream success. There is a lack of critical acclaim when it comes to her. She is like Drake in that regard, but much more commercially successful. But do you consider Drake a legend? Nope! She is a hitmaker, kinda like Britney, but more iconic. She definitely stands out though. Adele is not a legend either just because she released two big albums. She is the most successful albums artist of our generation but she isnt a legend. Impact is important to be legendary. Beyonce has been iconsistent since 2010's. She has however managed to keep the public interested so that's amazing. The only one i can see heading to legendary status is Taylor. 

peterstyles13

Folklore pretty much did it for Taylor

Thor

Gaga, Beyonce and Taylor from the current girls.

Others aren’t doing it or have a long way to go.

Edited by Thor

ConceptD

Lmao some of the names in here. The only two are Britney and Beyonce. Say those names to more or less ANYONE in the world and they'll know who you mean. They haven't had a solo hit between them in years yet the younger generation knows them. Even grandparents know them and theyre the only ones that still maintain a type of mysterious aura around them. 

Hivy

Beyonce is already a legend. 

Taylor  will be soon there and same as Rihanna.

I can def see Gaga being a legend in the future.

Katy....I can't see her as a legend as much as I love her but she might become a legend due to age ( like the older she gets she'll get more respect)

Phantom

I see it for Melanie Martinez and possibly cupcakke, but we'll see

FantasyRide

Honestly they probably all will. At the end of the day they’ve all racked up enough classics or impressive feats where a group of young gays will refer to them as legends in a decade of 2 anyway when comparing their faves/whoever’s big at the time to them anyway. 

Edited by FantasyRide

G'Day
2 hours ago, Nicolette said:

You really cant tell. Youve got to give it time. To me the people that stand outs are Beyonce and Taylor , and Rihanna in terms of consistent success, impact, and critical acclaim. However Rihanna is not yet a legend. Its simply too early to tell. One thing she has over others is consistent mainstream success. There is a lack of critical acclaim when it comes to her. She is like Drake in that regard, but much more commercially successful. But do you consider Drake a legend? Nope! She is a hitmaker, kinda like Britney, but more iconic. She definitely stands out though. Adele is not a legend either just because she released two big albums. She is the most successful albums artist of our generation but she isnt a legend. Impact is important to be legendary. Beyonce has been iconsistent since 2010's. She has however managed to keep the public interested so that's amazing. The only one i can see heading to legendary status is Taylor. 

Bey was only inconsistent in the 2010s from a commercial standpoint tbh. Her visuals and critical acclaim got better with every album, as did her tour gross last decade, so in those regards she was very consistent in exponential growth. She also had way more monumental moments in the 2010s (2013 surprise release, Lemonade release and Beychella) compared to the 2000s, even if her songs weren't as successful.

I definitely agree with everything else you said regarding the other artists.

onewillowsilk
10 hours ago, Nicolette said:

Drake has several critically-acclaimed projects. So Far Gone, Thank Me Later, Take Care, Nothing Was the Same, IYRTITL, More Life were all critically-acclaimed. You should have used someone else as an example.