mikeyace16

Which MPGs are/will become truly legends?

Ampersand13

Beyoncé, Taylor, and Adele are already legends. I’d argue Gaga might be one as well, and Rihanna is on her way if she isn’t one already because her catalogue and businesses speak for themselves.

I could see Kelly becoming one if her show and celebrity status continue to rise. Ariana definitely has the talent and really has been the dark horse of the ex-acts. She could easily transition back to acting/broadway which would really cement her status.

sweetkiss
37 minutes ago, Chika said:

Madonna ’s not remembered at all, let’s face it.

I think ive seen everything on the internet :deadbanana2:

Ampersand13
1 hour ago, Ayanaa said:

None of them will be mentioned in the same breath as Elvis, The Beatles, MJ or Madonna that’s for sure.

Considering Elvis stole music from black people and Michael Jackson’s legacy has been greatly tarnished by those who believe the pedophilia claims, I should hope Beyoncé, Adele, Taylor, and Rih aren’t mentioned in that breath. 

And just to counter, those acts were part of a much different world and music scene. It’s basically incomparable to today’s climate. But for arguments sake let’s pretend it is. 

Does anyone on that list have as much acclaim in terms of live performance as Beyoncé? Absolutely not. Madonna might be a touring legend but she could never sing, dance, and perform like Beyoncé can. It isn’t shade, I’m not trying to diminish her credentials just stating that Beyoncé is in a league of her own, there’s even a growing consensus that she’s passed MJ who has arguably been seen as the pinnacle of showmanship. 

Can anyone on that list stay at the top of the pop genre with the touring force of Taylor? No. Can any of them match the musical prowess of Taylor? No. The Beatles couldn’t even read music, Elvis appropriated his catalogue, Madonna doesn’t have the same respect and lowkey continues to lower her status through social media and performance antics, and MJ is the only one who could go toe to toe in terms of songwriting. Taylor could easily clinch the touring record if she wanted to and she’s not even 35. 

Does anyone on that list have award winning business like Rih’s Fenty? Do they have a catalogue of hits that could rival Rih’s singles. MJ does and maybe The Beatles, the other two? Not so much. 

Shall we get into Adele’s otherworldly statistics during the lowest point of music sales? 

Taylor, Adele, Beyoncé, and Rihanna already have more Grammy wins than Madonna, The Beatles, and Elvis. They could all easily top MJ’s as well.

You make it seem like these artists have no way of reaching the heights of those that have come before them, but that couldn’t be any less true. If they haven’t matched their predecessors yet, I think it’s safe to say they will soon. 

Taylor just dropped her most acclaimed body of work yet, Beyoncé’s videography, cultural impact, and showmanship is unprecedented, Rihanna’s unfathomable success with singles and other business ventures is unparalleled, and Adele’s sheer acclaim and sales are remarkable.  

ineedboxinggloves
2 hours ago, The_Bling said:

Exactly, MPGs that are or will be :gaygacat2:

OOP sorry you’re right then :gaygacat2:

bad guy

Beyoncé, Taylor, Adele, and Rihanna.

Consistent success, consistent acclaim, consistently more respected as the years go on. That’s it.

Dallas
1 hour ago, One Rude Boy said:

Taylor, Rihanna, Adele, Beyonce

:cm:

Natawie
3 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t see it for Gaga at all :rip: 

You're right!
90939_900.gif
-

Taylor and Rihanna, both ladies will definitely become legends. Beyoncé is already one.

Rev8
20 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Considering Elvis stole music from black people and Michael Jackson’s legacy has been greatly tarnished by those who believe the pedophilia claims, I should hope Beyoncé, Adele, Taylor, and Rih aren’t mentioned in that breath. 

Does anyone on that list have as much acclaim in terms of live performance as Beyoncé? Absolutely not. Madonna might be a touring legend but she could never sing, dance, and perform like Beyoncé can. It isn’t shade, I’m not trying to diminish her credentials just stating that Beyoncé is in a league of her own, there’s even a growing consensus that she’s passed MJ who has arguably been seen as the pinnacle of showmanship. 

Can anyone on that list stay at the top of the pop genre with the touring force of Taylor? No. Can any of them match the musical prowess of Taylor? No. The Beatles couldn’t even read music, Elvis appropriated his catalogue, Madonna doesn’t have the same respect and lowkey continues to lower her status through social media and performance antics, and MJ is the only one who could go toe to toe in terms of songwriting. Taylor could easily clinch the touring record if she wanted to and she’s not even 35. 

Shall we get into Adele’s otherworldly statistics during the lowest point of music sales? 

Taylor, Adele, Beyoncé, and Rihanna already have more Grammy wins than Madonna, The Beatles, and Elvis. They could all easily top MJ’s as well.

You make it seem like these artists have no way of reaching the heights of those that have come before them, but that couldn’t be any less true. If they haven’t matched their predecessors yet, I think it’s safe to say they will soon.

Еvery star's reputation is tarnished if u look at it that way :rip:

and those 3 stars would mostly benefit to be included in the same line as those legends :toofunny3: no one will even remember those claims that were against the legendary acts

And the acts on that list, DO have acclaim for their performances.

They raised the bar for a performer (especially Madonna,MJ and Elvis) they are literally the foundation of todays performers.

Today's artists are super acclaimed thanks to those legendary acts that actually Paved the way for them.

That's why pop acts have recently started getting a super high Metacritic score.

They have stayed bigger than Taylor for a longer time :toofunny3: what are u even talking about

not being able to read music, is even more of a drag towards her.

Appropriating music? Is that even a good excuse? + U do know that he Credited the black artists that he "stole" from.

NONE of the Legends have the respect, they use to have it when they were at their game tho. Can u be sure that Taylor wouldn't get hated on after she goes out of style tho?  Especially when young acts Love to disrespect older acts.
(as it's happening now, like, what's with the trend of hating on the Beatles for example? lol)

Madonna embarrassing herself on a platform that she doesn't know and is far too old to get a hang of?

And u said that we should pretend that the climates aren't there...how do u continue to compare their tours then?
Madonna and MJ were literally monsters in that sphere..(and MJ didn't even like touring that much so he doesn't have much stats there)

Beatles and Elvis were even Less of a comparison because of the even bigger lack of touring profit compared to today..yet their fans brought down the Stages they were singing on.

It was a literal hysteria!

Don't u think that the records of the Beatles,MJ and Madonna were not otherworldly for their time?
Sure, they had an advantage with their climate, but Elvis and Beatles' climate was still a pretty low point of profit for the music industry.

And MJ's and Madonna's records still are the top of the top for All females and males and far from breaking them.

Did u really give a Grammy example?
The ones that were just exposed for Bias and Racism?
Especially when several big artists have went on a boycott (even tho they have won awards from them)

The award industry is a big PR scam, don't know how u still haven't realized it.

+there was Much more competition back then, then there is now. That's why a lot of these girls are out-winning big Legends in the awards department..but do u really think that their songs are better and more acclaimed than songs that literally changed pop and sometimes even the political landscape?

The only point where I agree with u, is that these Legends are untouchable by some.

However I do not agree that their achievements are so easily swept under the rug.

MANY fans have talked **** about them because their favs are currently big.

But yea, some snobby fans of those legends, are too much into their head to think that newer acts can't be called a "Legend" just because they don't have as much of a dominance as their fav.

Literal snobbish hell.

They think that their fav is too much of a God figure to be associated with someone lower (but who also has a considerable career). Like their fav didn't try to collab with exactly those names so they can retain their relevancy..or even get Inspired by these new acts.

I am both on your side..but also against some of the things u said so no hate.

Don't think that user should've blown up like he did..but the other user also had some delusional thoughts (but I guess this is ATRL so it's normal for a conversation like that nnnn)

Peace \\//

GreatestLoveofAll

I mean Beyonce is already a legend to the GP tbh so Gaga, Taylor and Adele are next. 

Rei

Britney is already a legend.

Taylor, Adele, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Gaga and Katy Perry will become legends eventually.

We’ll see for Halsey, Selena, Camila and Billie.

I don’t see it for the MemePGs.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

WeFoundWill

Rihanna but then again she already is a true legend. 

WeFoundWill

Gaga will NEVER be a legend

90939_900.gif

WeFoundWill
1 hour ago, bad guy said:

Beyoncé, Taylor, Adele, and Rihanna.

Consistent success, consistent acclaim, consistently more respected as the years go on. That’s it.

This post was kinda it.

Soda Pop Queen
Posted (edited)

*le sigh* let's leave the heritage acts out of this conversation as OP was clearly talking about younger icons and superstars.

The only MPG in this century that already has it on lock so far is Beyoncé. She's ticked all the boxes beyond great commercial success. 

The other names being mentioned have varying degrees of potential though.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

JoeAg

- Bey’s been a legend since self-titled dropped

- Gaga is already a legend too. Hotel and the vocal praise throughout the Joanne era primed her, ASIB cemented her

I can see Taylor reaching legend status if her next album is as good as Folklore, she’ll be deemed this generation’s Joni, or maybe this generation’s Carole

Ariana will be a legend by 35, she hasn’t even reached her vocal peak yet, which is insane to think about :jonny6:

Adele could become a legend too, and hopefully this upcoming era proves fruitful for her evolution

IAMDOM

At this point Taylor & Gaga. Taylor is arguably the biggest artist of our time. Gaga literally hasn’t nothing else to accomplish at this point. Beyonce could be one if she manages to pull herself out of the rut she’s currently in. Rihanna has mega sells behind her however thats all she is, popular songs after songs after songs, nothing different. I suppose she can become one if it continues into this decade maybe. That’s pretty much it. Ppl saying Britney, yeah, no. Icon at most

RihannaLoverrr
4 hours ago, Chika said:

Adele, Rihanna and maybe Taylor will go down as greats and legendary artists. Beyoncé has already cemented her place as one of the greatest to ever do it over the last 23 years. Katy and Lady Gaga will go down as icons of their time and throwback playlist staples.

Agree with all of this.

Solitaiire

Taylor, her dedication to her craft and her ambition will do wonders for her career and she's already on the path to become one:gaycat1:

I can see Ariana too, she has the talent but it depends how she approaches her career and if she's interested in truly becoming one

JesusORGod

Taylor and Rihanna (Bey is already a legend).
Mid 00's legend that are still standing strong today.
p3lW15h.gif

discotitzz

Beyoncé already is. 

I think Taylor will become one in this next, seemingly more mature phase of her career. 

Adele will if she releases another album and pulls similar numbers. 

I think Rihanna is almost there, but I want her to come with R9 before I say that for sure.

The others are likely to remain a product of their time to me. 

Yelero

Adele, Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce :gaycatney6:

Smilers

Beyonce, Taylor and Rihanna.

Chainsmoker

Bey already is.

Taylor, Adele, and Rih (if she ever comes back to music :rip:) will be too. 

ScarletWitch

Already legends: Bey, Gaga, Taylor

Soon to be (1 or 2 more eras): Ariana, Adele, Rihanna

Never: Katy