mikeyace16

Which MPGs are/will become truly legends?

mikeyace16

I’m sorry but I don’t see it for Gaga at all :rip: 

ShouldersSideways
Just now, mikeyace16 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t see it for Gaga at all :rip: 

I feel like she'll be an icon of the late 2000s and early 2010s.  When people look back on that time, she's going to be the entertainer of that moment.

Xtianlofbritney

Britney 

adele

taylor

raven

Taylor, Beyonce, and Rih (if they aren't already are) and Ariana is on her way 

alejandreaux

Beyonce already is one

Taylor, Gaga, and Adele are the ones who will most clearly be considered legends by the GP in due time.

The_Bling
21 minutes ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

Isn’t Madonna a legend purr:gaygacat2:

Exactly, MPGs that are or will be :gaygacat2:

Miss Anthropocene

Gaga already is :gaygacat3:

Brikenbur
50 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

Beyonce is a legend already.....

Anyways. Gaga, Taylor, and I can see maybe Ariana.

This. Taylor is closer than the other girls (who aren’t already). :giraffe:

Wikipedia

Beyonce, Taylor and Adele

maybe Gaga and Ariana.

Billie has a lot of potential as well but she's only released 1 album.

Wishful thinking but I hope Rina Sawayama is the one to break barriers for asian people in pop music.

istan4badgalriri

It’s with threads like these that I realize how delusional this forum can possibly get. :rip:

To answer the OP: Adele, Beyoncé, Rihanna & Taylor.

And I think Ariana will join in the future but it’s still too early to say 

Ayanaa

None of them will be mentioned in the same breath as Elvis, The Beatles, MJ or Madonna that’s for sure.

Chika

Adele, Rihanna and maybe Taylor will go down as greats and legendary artists. Beyoncé has already cemented her place as one of the greatest to ever do it over the last 23 years. Katy and Lady Gaga will go down as icons of their time and throwback playlist staples.

Chika
7 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

None of them will be mentioned in the same breath as Elvis, The Beatles, MJ or Madonna that’s for sure.

In what universe does anyone consider Madonna on par with any of them :rip: Beyoncé has inarguably already matched Madonna in public popularity and general non-Stan influence.

yesmine

Beyoncé, Taylor and Rihanna are already legends

niiall

Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Adele are all LOCKS. 

Not even being shady but Ariana couldn't maintain her peak for more than 3 months. Do you really think she can maintain a legend status 50 years from now? 

If Gaga can pull off another ASIB moment, I could see her getting in there. 

XtinaPetras

From 2000s and forward. 

Already legends:

Beyonce, Britney, Christina 

On their way:

Rihanna, Ariana 

Rih is obviously already mega successful, but  I think she still needs a moment to solidify her status. 

selsfetish

Beyoncé is undoubtedly already a living legend; her legacy is already cemented

Taylor and Adele I also believe will be considered legends too

I dont think gaga or Rihanna will, but I think they'll be considered icons

Ayanaa
31 minutes ago, Chika said:

In what universe does anyone consider Madonna on par with any of them :rip: Beyoncé has inarguably already matched Madonna in public popularity and general non-Stan influence.

You can’t be serious. :rip: Do you honestly believe yourself? Madonna is the most famous person still alive that once lived and at her peaks the most hated and loved person on this planet. No other popgirl has ever been as famous as Madonna was at her peak. Every pop girl that’s out right now is still following the blueprint of her career. Madonna is the most influential artist in history. The amount of barriers broken: UNMATCHED. In WHAT sense is Beyonce bigger than Madonna. I got the answer for you already: NOTHING. Literally NOTHING. Megastars like Madge at her peak just don’t exist anymore, and they will never again because of the internet and streaming, music was much bigger back in the day and so were the artists, Beyonce will never come close just accept it. Madonna shaped the pop landscape and turned it on it’s head period.

“Her influence on pop music has outshone that of the Beatles. Artists like Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake and Usher were influenced by Jackson more than her but almost everyone else is a reductive reissue of Madonna.”

Have a fun read sweetie 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Madonna

Bow down to The Queen  of ALL pop culture. 

Chika
19 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

You can’t be serious. :rip: Do you honestly believe yourself? Madonna is the most famous person still alive that once lived and at her peaks the most hated and loved person on this planet. No other popgirl has ever been as famous as Madonna was at her peak. Every pop girl that’s out right now is still following the blueprint of her career. Madonna is the most influential artist in history. The amount of barriers broken: UNMATCHED. In WHAT sense is Beyonce bigger than Madonna. I got the answer for you already: NOTHING. Literally NOTHING. Megastars like Madge at her peak just don’t exist anymore, and they will never again because of the internet and streaming, music was much bigger back in the day and so were the artists, Beyonce will never come close just accept it. Madonna shaped the pop landscape and turned it on it’s head period.

“Her influence on pop music has outshone that of the Beatles. Artists like Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake and Usher were influenced by Jackson more than her but almost everyone else is a reductive reissue of Madonna.”

Have a fun read sweetie 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Madonna

Bow down to The Queen  of ALL pop culture. 

You wrote this essay and for what :huh: Madonna will NEVER be on the same level as MJ, The Beatles or Elvis, that’s a fact. I never said Beyonce was bigger than Madonna, are you blind? I said that in the general opinion, especially in North America, Beyonce is just as legendary, if not more, than Madonna. Madonna sold more due to having a career during the peaks of the industry but she’s not remembered at all, let’s face it. Her streaming is abysmal and no one straight under the age of 35 has heard of her. She’s not and never has been the female MJ fossils claim she is, she has nowhere near the impact. If you went right now and asked 10,000 people who they thought was better or more legendary between Beyoncé or Madonna, I think you’d be quite surprised about the results. No one outside stans cares about influencing other artists or random dusty articles you got out of your attic, the fact is that Madonna’s legacy while impressive is largely forgotten by the GP. BTW Madonna is far from the most famous person alive, what kind of delusion :rofl:

One Rude Boy

Taylor, Rihanna, Adele, Beyonce

Dana Scully
2 hours ago, RULES said:

1. Beyonce

2. Taylor 

3. Adele 

4. Xtina

5. Rihanna 

7. Britney

8. Jennifer 

Maybe Pink. 

At least these

Rev8

Isn’t there more to becoming a legend than just success? 

Yes

some users still don't realize this tho

probably Taylor and Rihanna tho

they have pretty different versions of impact/influence tho

1 hour ago, Xtianlofbritney said:

Britney

2 hours ago, LoveMe_HateMe said:

Britney

already is sistrens :gaycatney3:

katyhudson

Beyonce, Taylor and Rihanna.

Adele will be the alternative version of Celine Dion.

Ayanaa
4 minutes ago, Chika said:

You wrote this essay and for what :huh: Madonna will NEVER be on the same level as MJ, The Beatles or Elvis, that’s a fact. I never said Beyonce was bigger than Madonna, are you blind? I said that in the general opinion, especially in North America, Beyonce is just as legendary, if not more, than Madonna. Madonna sold more due to having a career during the peaks of the industry but she’s not remembered at all, let’s face it. Her streaming is abysmal and no one straight under the age of 35 has heard of her. She’s not and never has been the female MJ fossils claim she is, she has nowhere near the impact. If you went right now and asked 10,000 people who they thought was better or more legendary between Beyoncé or Madonna, I think you’d be quite surprised about the results. No one outside stans cares about influencing other artists or random dusty articles you got out of your attic, the fact is that Madonna’s legacy while impressive is largely forgotten by the GP. BTW Madonna is far from the most famous person alive, what kind of delusion :rofl:

But she is on that level no matter how you spin it. She has literally EVERY receipt to prove that. She was a GLOBAL MEGASTAR, something that Beyonce has never been and never will be. The biggest and most succesful female artist of ALL TIME.  Your fave doesn’t even have 20% of Madonna’s sales OR impact. You think she is not remembered because she is not dead, MJ was laughing stock the day before he died and a saint on the day he died and after that. 

I did not say Madonna is currently the most famous person of today, but she is the most famous person that ONCE was who is still alive. 

Funny how you mention how Beyonce is bigger in NorthAmerica, she is not. It is the only market where Beyonce is remotely succesful tho, but still she can’t even outachive the likes of Taylor Swift and others. Enough said. 

Madonna is the greatest, biggest and most succesful female artist of all time and it is already too late for Beyonce (or any other artist that is even closer like Taylor Swift) to catch up on. 

Go focus on Black Is King, it is making absolutely zero noise. Another flop for Miss Beyonce in the bag. Flop after flop after flop. It is sad at this point.