T.O.A.D.S.

Beyoncé or Taylor - who is bigger in America in 2020?

T.O.A.D.S.

Both artists released projects within a week of each other; Taylor's acclaimed, record breaking 8th studio album folklore and Beyonce's Black is King, a highly anticipated visual accompanying her smash hit soundtrack album The Gift for her billion dollar grossing film The Lion King.

Both seem like huge cultural events and they are both undoubtedly two of the biggest artists in America right now... but who is bigger in cultural impact, sales, streaming for the GP? Can someone break it down for us European ATRLers?

tumblr_mrxvvo5uyQ1qh9nffo1_r1_500.gif

Jaay

Taylor. I love Beyonce, but it's clearly Taylor. There is simply so feasible evidence that Beyonce is bigger. 

One Rude Boy

Taylor

period sis
6 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Taylor's acclaimed, record breaking 8th studio album folklore and Beyonce's Black is King, a highly anticipated visual accompanying her smash hit soundtrack album The Gift for her billion dollar grossing film The Lion King.

what exactly are you trying to achieve here...:gaycatney5:

Dante

Taylor clearly

Madonna

Taylor by far 

byzantium
Posted (edited)

I think it really depends on what you are looking at.  Taylor by far has better sales, a bigger chart impact, bigger touring numbers (in the US), and beats Beyoncé in pretty much any metric you are looking at. 

Beyonce however is and always has been a bigger "icon" and in my perspective has greater cultural relevancy.  Especially more recently as she has aligned her brand to promote Black pride and black excellence.  

Edited by byzantium
Gramatical Errors

Feanor

Taylor

Zombie

Taylor by far

Badgalbriel

This question belongs in 2008 when this was debatable. Taylor had been bigger than Beyoncé for a decade now. 

mcohen

Taylor (It has been a while) and she's not only bigger in America

SUNSET BLVD

Taylor.

beyonce feels grand bc there’s this manufactured hype around everything she does. But in reality, people largely don’t care. 

07tandu

You know the answer, stop trying to get Bey dragged. Imagine how tired we are...

Both legends

Cute

Taylor but it's bean knew

*-ChriZ-*

While Taylor is by far the stronger commercial force, Beys name still carries more weight and power. Put these two together, ask people on the street whos more influential and whos the bigger icon/legend, and the answer will most likely be Beyonce.

DesiredConsternation

It's unfair to compare folklore and the gift. The better comparison would be folklore vs 4 which is Beyonce's eighth album when you include her work with her backing vocalists. Given the performance of the singles and the first week sales I'd still say Taylor is bigger

Ari29

Sales is Taylor pretty much hands down. Cultural impact is Beyonce hands down. Streaming I’d give the edge to Beyonce. 

Overall it’s Beyonce. 

littlebodybigheart

not the “impact” thing again :rip:

taylor is bigger, tbh!

JawBreaker
4 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Streaming I’d give the edge to Beyonce. 

Taylor is literally going to be the most streamed FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME IN THE US TOMORROW  :rip: 

OT: Taylor duh :zzz: THeres a reason why she holds the record for the HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME IN THE US.

dylanx

Both are legends but there's really no comparison, Taylor has been consistently outselling and outstreaming Beyonce since the Fearless/Sasha Fierce days. Sometimes by a lot.

With that said, let's not attack Beyonce's immense success - with Destiny's Child, she has had a bigger career than Taylor overall but has also been around for much longer so it's not a fair comparison.

But in 2020 yeah it's Taylor by a long shot.

ashenv

Real world: Taylor.

Hollywood and liberal circles like newspaper/magazine writers and influencers: Beyoncé.

Lionheart James
Just now, JawBreaker said:

Taylor is literally going to be the most streamed FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME IN THE US TOMORROW  :rip: 

OT: Taylor duh :zzz: THeres a reason why she holds the record for the HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME IN THE US.

I FREAKED at your avi omfg :deadbanana:

Taylor

Artistofthedecade
18 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Streaming I’d give the edge to Beyonce. 

:ahh:

OT : Taylor 

LadyDiana

Thefe is always this hype for Beyonce and I feel people, GP, don't really care that much about her.

With Taylor there is no hype, or at least I didn't see it, and yet she sells everything she touches. GP is just there for her. How long will it last? Will she become as big of an icon like Bey? Time will tell

Badgalbriel
22 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Sales is Taylor pretty much hands down. Cultural impact is Beyonce hands down. Streaming I’d give the edge to Beyonce. 

Overall it’s Beyonce. 

How is Beyoncé bigger than Taylor on streaming? :rip: