Artistofthedecade

Taylor Breaks Ariana's Weekly Streaming Record in Spotify

Timber
6 minutes ago, katyhudson said:

Not you counting all the features for Nicki Minaj:rip: Spotify doesn't count it on her pages. Se' barely at 10b now according to chartmaster's streaming tool page. And her official utube channel doesn't count those features as well.

Alanis didn't outsell Taylor. After 1st week of folklore she's at 55m pure albums sales WW. 

CM's counting method for digital singles is clearly questionable since RIAA and Billboard both have different counting proportions for lead singles and features.

When Chartmaster's does their artist analysis they don't go by what the tool says, they include everything for every artist unless it's credited to a different act like Beyonce w/ DC. Why would we discount some of Nicki's discography, this is about their discography, it makes no sense to not include some of it.

Well, we're also missing Diana Ross and Aretha Franklin so the albums position is certainly not certain.

Yeah, and so does the AIRA, BEA, SNEP, FIMI. They're all official sources with different counting for different things. The key is to have one consistent methodology that makes sense, and honestly counting 1 digital sale as 1 digital sale makes the MOST sense.

Artistofthedecade
3 hours ago, Timber said:

She did just release a song. I'm really curious to see if Taylor will surpass her and stay ahead, or if she won't surpass her, of if she will surpass her but Billie passes back. 

I guess Taylor will surpass her because difference is small and Taylor has a whole album compared to Billie's song. But Billie's numbers are more impressive tho. Taylor just have an advantage due to more albums but Billie will surpass back when she releases album, no doubt. But at least until then :eli: 

Timber
2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I guess Taylor will surpass her because difference is small and Taylor has a whole album compared to Billie's song. But Billie's numbers are more impressive tho. Taylor just have an advantage due to more albums but Billie will surpass back when she releases album, no doubt. But at least until then :eli: 

I'm excited about this chart battle.

Famc5JB.gif