6B0hXQ5.png

*-ChriZ-*
19 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

The critics consensus is also in. :foxaylove3:

IQiHGUe.png

6 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Also up to 82 on MC (peep the tag too) :foxaylove3:

6B0hXQ5.png

So proud as a stan of Bey and this movie! She truly is a one-of-a-kind popstar and will go down as one of the very greats in music history. :clap3: 

Pepo

Universal acclaim :clap3:

Almost Home
20 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

So proud as a stan of Bey and this movie! She truly is a one-of-a-kind popstar and will go down as one of the very greats in music history. :clap3: 

Waiting for that one review to come and ruin the perfect score. It always happens. :rip:

Queenyoncee

82 MC & 100% RT:jonny:

Queen of Acclaim :clap3:

MrLovett
On 8/2/2020 at 12:52 PM, AbeHicks said:

Metacritic score dropped to 75  @MrLovett should edit the misleading thread title.

Hey bud, it's up to 82 now. As I know you wanted to keep up to date. :clap3:

Dallas
On 8/2/2020 at 7:52 AM, AbeHicks said:

Metacritic score dropped to 75  @MrLovett should edit the misleading thread title.

You are so bitter it's quite sad :doc:

Bey, ACCLAIMED. :clap3:

Almost Home
44 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Hey bud, it's up to 82 now. As I know you wanted to keep up to date. :clap3:

Guess what’s up to 84 on MC? :fan:

Dallas
13 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Guess what’s up to 84 on MC? :fan:

@AbeHicks thots?

Destiny

Ahhhh UNIVERSAL acclaim :jonny5:

Timber
On 8/2/2020 at 4:52 AM, AbeHicks said:

84 now. You should ask @MrLovett to edit this misleading thread title.

MrLovett
5 hours ago, Timber said:

84 now. You should ask @MrLovett to edit this misleading thread title.

Thanks so much for letting me know guys! Updated my misleading thread title. :fan:

Kisuke
On 8/2/2020 at 1:52 PM, AbeHicks said:

lady gaga & the muppets | Tumblr 

Teezy
20 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

lady gaga & the muppets | Tumblr 

:lmao: 

BnPac

Well then, 84. :clap3:

Suke is such a mess. :lmao:

Drais.
On 7/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, monstereo said:

MC score dropping with every new update :toofunny2:

Think again musty 

Drais.
Posted (edited)

:alexz2:

Edited by Drais.

ShouldersSideways
17 hours ago, Otter said:

Anyway this is her most ambitious project. Can't wait to see what she does with B7. I hope she works with an established feature film writer/director to help take it to that next level. A lot of the problems I saw is kind of the consequence of working with a dozen different directors from short form music, fashion and poetry world. 

I don't think she wants to relinquish enough control to bring on a big name director.  With her current method, it's indisputable she has final say but an established director is going to have a hard time conforming to someone else's vision.  For example, from some things I've read Khalil Joseph was a little sour over the final cut of Lemonade because of the way she threaded it together.

I do agree she needs to trim some of the fat in her process, but she's learning from collaboration so I get it.

GiselleBeyince
55 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I don't think she wants to relinquish enough control to bring on a big name director.  With her current method, it's indisputable she has final say but an established director is going to have a hard time conforming to someone else's vision.  For example, from some things I've read Khalil Joseph was a little sour over the final cut of Lemonade because of the way she threaded it together.

I do agree she needs to trim some of the fat in her process, but she's learning from collaboration so I get it.

Can I get a link to his comments? 

The fact that it went up is incredible. It usually goes downhill with Metacritic reviews. I was lowkey sure it stay in the 70s. 

Natawie

The acclaim :clap3: 

trainsskyscrapers
1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

For example, from some things I've read Khalil Joseph was a little sour over the final cut of Lemonade because of the way she threaded it together.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he do all of the castle/fort ruin scenes and the scenes of women in white?

I'm sure he was PRESSED when those Big-budget visuals appeared (from other people), but it was what she needed as a popular artist: demarcated visuals that could be placed on YouTube to promote singles. (Hold Up, Sorry, 6 Inch, Formation)

Ari29
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, GiselleBeyince said:

Can I get a link to his comments? 

The fact that it went up is incredible. It usually goes downhill with Metacritic reviews. I was lowkey sure it stay in the 70s. 

I don’t think he ever made comments explicitly but there was a write up on him where it discussed that after seeing his final cut of Lemonade Bey chose to go in a different direction and tapped the other directors to add more spectacle (if I’m not mistaken most of Khalil’s work is the antebellum scenes with the poetry voice over). She has given him permission to show his final version in museums only but no where else.

Edited by Ari29

GiselleBeyince
11 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

I don’t think he ever made comments explicitly but there was a write up on him where it discussed that after seeing his final cut of Lemonade Bey chose to go in a different direction and tapped the other directors to add more spectacle (if I’m not mistaken most of Khalil’s work is the antebellum scenes with the poetry voice over). She has given him permission to show his final version in museums only but no where else.

I did not know that. That's interesting. Why hasn't he shown it? I would like to see it. Thank god she changed her mind on the direction. I loved his parts, but we would've missed Sorry, Hold Up, 6 Inch, DHY. His version would've been viewed as pretentious.