ziam

Dr. Dray drags Fenty Skin

robattack332
6 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Non bias means she goes in with a neutral attitude. She went in with a negative one. 

Also everyone else is praising the ingredients, and Rihanna is trying to tackle all Skin types. 

When the brand goes more in-depth, they will have different ingredients for different skin types. For now, most Skin Care YouTubers are praising it. 

The only critique has been some find the fragrance rather strong, and others have said the amount that you need varies on each product meaning the concentrations of each could be more refined so that you don't have to buy different products at different times, that all 3 should run out around the same. 

But for medium range skin care, that isn't targeting skin types, it's great. 

Yes, skincare may Youtubers like it.....but they're skincare Youtubers, not dermatologists. They are currently critiquing the application, feel, and immediate effects of the products. On the other hand, dermatologists (the actual experts) look at what's actually in the product to determine how effective it will be. Yes, she probably has a personal bias against celebrity lines, but that doesn't mean her review was bias because she reviewed the ingredients in the product, not how she personally felt using it. It doesn't matter what her tone is.

You should search for Hyram to get a better understanding of skincare. He says a lot of what Dr. Dray says (science-based skincare reviews/advice), but he breaks things down in a much easier way to digest and has a more friendly tone overall. 

AnotherGagaFan
On 7/31/2020 at 8:04 AM, JesusORGod said:

Basic according to who? Katy stan?.. :ahh:

Sweetie you’re paying for the package, the conditions this ingredients are kept in, marketing and the Fenty brand lifestyle 💋

Wtf

Ibrahim
Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2020 at 8:26 PM, robattack332 said:

Yes, skincare may Youtubers like it.....but they're skincare Youtubers, not dermatologists. They are currently critiquing the application, feel, and immediate effects of the products. On the other hand, dermatologists (the actual experts) look at what's actually in the product to determine how effective it will be. Yes, she probably has a personal bias against celebrity lines, but that doesn't mean her review was bias because she reviewed the ingredients in the product, not how she personally felt using it. It doesn't matter what her tone is.

You should search for Hyram to get a better understanding of skincare. He says a lot of what Dr. Dray says (science-based skincare reviews/advice), but he breaks things down in a much easier way to digest and has a more friendly tone overall. 

Preach. Plus what some others with similar sentiments were saying. 

Regardless of melanin content, skin at the very basic level is the same. They require the same ingredients that replenish/restore/aid the fundamental nature of skin. The only time you need "special ingredients" is if you're discussing things outside of that shared foundational functionality. Skin between you or me is not wildly different. It contains the same layers, the same oils, the same weaknesses to the environment. For anything else that operates outside of those basic skincare necessities, you should be talking to a dermatologist and not trusting a celebrity or a company's marketing over what they're trying to sell you and make a profit off of. You pay for a dermatologist's expertise; you pay for a beauty company's bottom line. Vast difference. The beauty industry tries to make this **** so complex but it's not that complicated. 

You don't have to try the product if the ingredients are known and tested. There's no special synergy or magic that happens when someone else uses those same ingredients, regardless of who or what company is selling it, just because they mix and match it with something else. If it's a new, untested ingredient, even more reason to avoid it. Without knowing efficacy of said ingredient, you run the risk of exposing your skin to something it's not going to like in maybe days or weeks time. 

Edited by Ibrahim

Grumpy Cat
On 8/4/2020 at 5:26 AM, robattack332 said:

This. IA with u about hyram. And he seemed way friendlier about it

Chanel4

Navy trying to argue with actual dermatologists :deadbanana4:

Dante

people will throw their money and put all kinda s**t on their face just cause it has a brand name attached to it

MEGA

well sis it was made for black people lol

Mrguilbeaux

I just got mine today and I like it

robbyds

I love Dr. Dray. I listened to her skincare recommendations and not only does my skin look and feel better but I was also able to save money since most products she recommend are a fraction of the premium brands I used before.

Entela

I'm seeing a lot of people dragging the products on twitter too.

Also the packaging being bad and cheap.