ziam

Dr. Dray drags Fenty Skin

Will

I didn't really expect Fenty Skin to be groundbreaking or heavily science based like Paula's Choice, NIOD, IS Clinical etc, but I really anticipated more than Millie Bobby Brown's or Kylie Jenner's skincare lines. Fenty Skin obviously nods to Glossier in its packaging and target audience, and I expected a revolutionary aspect reminiscent of the inclusive USP of Fenty Beauty. Unfortunately, Fenty Skin consists of products that will be totally lost in the skincare world and serves as nothing more than a way of extracting more cash from Fenty Beauty fans. Dr Dray is right  - we did not need another basic skincare line with debatable ingredients, fragrance and IG-friendly packaging.  

JesusORGod
5 minutes ago, Worm said:

Skincare is primarily a field of medicine, and although it has been bastardised by the beauty industry that doesn’t mean all products are the same and all ingredients across all product lines are the same.

The fact of the matter is the Fenty line is selling basic products at an overinflated price point. This may be intentional by Rihanna - the same qualities that make it “universal” are the ones that mean it will be generally ineffective in terms of high powered skincare ingredients, because strong actives are absolutely not universally tolerated by different skins - but using this line vs something science led with proven ingredients (not La Mer) would be as different as night and day in terms of results. 

If you want to support Rihanna and don’t think her selling overpriced basic products at ridiculous markups is worthy of criticism, that’s on you. Certainly plenty of other brands do the same. 

I don’t understand why you quoted me to say this?

I simply said if you have deep and concerning skin issues than Fenty skincare isn’t for you, especially when Rihanna said the purpose of this is so your Fenty makeup can look even better and more skin like.

This is an essential step for pre and post your makeup. 

JesusORGod
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

That wasnt my point. 

Justifying awful basic line skincare for 'the lifestyle' is just appalling and ungrounded.

This isnt fashion where its all subjective, its literally a facet of your health being bastardized by the beauty community.

No that was your point. You quoted me to say “excuses” when what I posted wasn’t an excuse at all.

You pay for the luxurious packaging, the Fenty lifestyle, the promo, the prestigious status, high end promotion this line is doing and the global recognizability of the brand/brand logo. That all comes out do your pocket.

I don’t think hers (Or La Mer) skincare is “awful basic”. The team whom are behind Dior skincare  are the same once that are behind Fenty and there is nothing basic about that my dear. Now move along.

Edited by JesusORGod

Grumpy Cat
1 hour ago, Joesuxx said:

This woman’s a doctor? I find her weight alarming and tbh  she shouldn’t be representative of the beauty community advertising such a blatantly unhealthy weight as a beauty ideal. This isn’t cns cause of her review, I’m genuinely concerned for her. 

Yup

maat
5 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

I don’t think hers (Or La Mer) skincare is “awful basic”. The team whom are behind Dior skincare  are the same once that are behind Fenty and there is nothing basic about that my dear. Now move along.

Fenty is owned by Kendo which is owned by LVMH (owners of Dior). However Kendo is a self contained entity, and they own Kat Von D Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Fenty Beauty, OleHenriksen and Bite Beauty. You see cheap, affordable, Instagram friendly brands. When you look at the formulas between those brands they are pretty similar, and they are probably created by the same team.

Fenty The Great

It's still sold out, still iconic, and STILL praised by the vast majority :dies:.. That fact like dermatologist are trying to act like Rihanna's intent was to create a medical skincare line is beyond stupid.

And I wonder if she gave Kylie this much energy? Hmm.

Lindt

this lady's voice is kinda unbearable omg :biblio:

cruelcooper

i believe her :clap3:

this whole thing is giving me Kylie Skin vibes:rip:

Daddy
3 hours ago, fentypark said:

based on my history with dermatologists, white dermatologists never really understand or know how to treat issues with black skin so i'd take this with a SMALL grain of salt :bibliahh:

You look like a damn fool, this has nothing to do with black or white skin. Fenty Skin is actually a good skincare line coming from a celebrity but just not cutting it when It comes to actual skincare. 

JesusORGod
21 minutes ago, maat said:

Fenty is owned by Kendo which is owned by LVMH (owners of Dior). However Kendo is a self contained entity, and they own Kat Von D Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Fenty Beauty, OleHenriksen and Bite Beauty. You see cheap, affordable, Instagram friendly brands. When you look at the formulas between those brands they are pretty similar, and they are probably created by the same team.

Fenty is under Kendo because it’s literally still a baby brand, it’s not even 5 years old yet. Dior been around since the 40’s, Why would they be under Kendo? :deadbanana:

”Kendo creates or acquires beauty brands and focuses on developing them into global powerhouse” what’s not clicking for you?

Daddy
1 hour ago, JesusORGod said:

No they’re not :ahh:

You remind me of those people that walk into Dior/Hermes/LV etc  and ask their staff why is their bag more expensive than MK :ahh:

You're such a marketing victim and It shows in every post of yours. Instead of critical thinking and facts you base your opinions on price tags. :deadbanana2:

JesusORGod
1 minute ago, Daddy said:

You're such a marketing victim and It shows in every post of yours. Instead of critical thinking and facts you base your opinions on price tags. :deadbanana2:

I’m not a victim of stupidity for me to say I’d find Rihanna’s ingredients, formula and results for “$3”.

The fact the stupids are posting here “but this ingredients are basic!!!111” “They are in every skincare11!” Like they’re kept in the same condition and  made in the same lab etc.

The way you missed the point of my post and is under the impression that MK bag is the same quality as a LV bag because both bags are made out of leather is laughable to say the least :ahh:

Joesuxx
1 hour ago, Grumpy Cat said:

Yup

What I mean tbh I had never heard or seen this woman anywhere else before I wrote my comment - I’m glad others have noticed it, may inspire her to get help. 

ziam
12 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

They are in every skincare11!” Like they’re kept in the same condition and  made in the same lab etc.

The level of stupidity I am screeming. A chemical compound is the same when protected from air in every part of the world in every bottle. Please go back to elementary chemistry class

éclat

I really wish Rihanna did something for us sensitive flops who can't use fragrance :cries: 

JesusORGod
5 minutes ago, ziam said:

The level of stupidity I am screeming. A chemical compound is the same when protected from air in every part of the world in every bottle. Please go back to elementary chemistry class

What on earth is this post?!! :deadbanana2:
Two products with the same ingredients can have different formulations, let alone when the first 5 ingredients differ in order and type :ahh:

Insanity

I dont use skin care products so good luck k to her

Taylucifer

Just because a product is sold out doesn’t mean it’s amazing :skull: I bet you 90% of the people who purchased it only bought it bc it has Fenty printed on it. 

BGXKB

Going by the ingredients alone this stuff is overpriced garbage... kind of like all celebrity products. 

:skull:

Sesame

Why would someone buy this instead of going to see a dermatologist with that money instead?

HabbGaga

She was rude within the first 10 seconds of the video... She sounds bitter.

fentypark
1 hour ago, Daddy said:

You look like a damn fool, this has nothing to do with black or white skin. Fenty Skin is actually a good skincare line coming from a celebrity but just not cutting it when It comes to actual skincare. 

oh no.. atrl user daddy said i look like a damn fool.. how will i go on with my life? :cries:

Grumpy Cat
1 hour ago, Joesuxx said:

What I mean tbh I had never heard or seen this woman anywhere else before I wrote my comment - I’m glad others have noticed it, may inspire her to get help. 

I highly doubt it

She is 38yr old after all. 

Grumpy Cat
1 hour ago, éclat said:

I really wish Rihanna did something for us sensitive flops who can't stand waiting for R9 anymore :cries: 

Fixed

DUA LIPA
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, that G.U.Y. said:

Imagine launching a skincare line full of fragrance in 2020 :rip:

business woman rihanna is creating the demand to drop the fragrance free line in the future

Screenshot_2018-08-15-17-14-04-1.thumb.p  

Edited by DUA LIPA