ziam

Dr. Dray drags Fenty Skin

Starry Eyes
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ziam said:

I am sorry but 75$ for 3 of the most basic skincare products is a rip-off. In Europe you can get pharmacy-grade stuff for that kind of money.

In every country you can get pharmacy-grade stuff for small amount of money, but it’s not marketed as a pharmacy brand though

$75 for three skin care products with good ingredients, beautiful packaging are very affordable in my opinion and many agree with me

It you think Fenty Skin products don’t worth its price, then I suggest you to purchase other products

Edited by Starry Eyes

JesusORGod
1 minute ago, DUA LIPA said:

because some people know a lot about ingredients and can determine whether the ingredients are mediocre, good or bad. 

with fenty skin it seems most of the ingredients is just very mediocre and has unnecessary additions in it that either don’t do much or anything and have fragrance in it which is an irritating ingredient, just as some others that are used in this line. 

Not you and this YouTube nobody describing all the skincare there is on earth with this opening line... :ahh:

JesusORGod
3 minutes ago, ziam said:

The package, the marketing and fenty brand won't do anything for your skin in the end. The ingredients are the only relevant factor in skincare and they are mediocre with fentyskin.

Yeah you’d still have to pay for it. 

You think people with deep and concerning skin issue would go to Fenty?!! Rihanna has literally said this will help your makeup look better :ahh:

VJoker
50 minutes ago, BajanBeauty said:

Side note: love that non fans are just as dedicated to Rihanna business ventures. Keep it up :party:

I love this comment from the video, maybe you should read it.

I have issues with celebrity lines because their fans believe that the person was actually, deeply involved in the formulation of the product, and put a lot of faith in the celebrity line - to the point where they will basically bully people who simply don't like whatever the product. And all that the celebrity had done was maybe use the products a few times then slap their name (and therefore influence) on it.

Mythology
Posted (edited)

All those fragrance sheep:ahh:

Fragrance-free is a topic that some brands have been trying to push just to find a way to promote their fragrance-free brands

Most of the most famous and renowned skin care brands like Estée Lauder, Lancôme, Olay, L’Oreal, La Prairie, La Mer, their products all have fragrance and artificial coloring in their products but most people have no problems with using them for decades and they’re still going strong without removing them from its ingredients

Only very few amount of people are allergic to fragrance. And even they’re allergenic, most people’s skin is only sensitive to a very specific type of fragrance. They only need to avoid those one specific type of ingredient

Unless there are a lot of kinds of fragrance have been adding to one product, it won’t hurt your skin. Stop acting like they can burn your skin:skull:

Edited by Mythology

Mrnoniee
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

Basic according to who? Katy stan?.. :ahh:

Sweetie you’re paying for the package, the conditions this ingredients are kept in, marketing and the Fenty brand lifestyle 💋

The ingredients are VERY basic and are available in excellent 2 dollar products as well.

21 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Fragrance in a skincare product... ew

One of the WERST thing tbh.

Blue Jeans

very irritating and actually harmful for skin.

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Must be why the products sold out within minutes. Dr. Dry her impact!

EePwK1DWsAIIdNu?format=jpg&name=large

Best selling is NOT equal to best quality.
Are you DENSE?

46 minutes ago, Avariko said:

Racism.

There another person here insisting Black Skin is SOMEHOW different or something else. Like...

Us dermatologists are taught about SKIN not the amount of melanin in the skin. It does matter, like some conditions like DPN can only be found in darker skin types, however, we DO study it.
Black and White and Brown and Blue and Yellow all skins have pores, function the same, however, there are some skin issues that are exclusive to white and rare in black and vice verse. However, we cover BOTH.

Also, fragrance and other parabens or other harmful things are going to affect the white and black skin the SAME. So IDK how the race thing is applicable here.

IDK why @BajanBeauty is insisting Rihanna's skin care line is a MIRACLE for black skin when it is AS DAMAGING to black and white skin as other GENERIC brands like Kylie Skin.

also LEAVE Dr. Dray out of this shxt.

Edited by Mrnoniee

Joesuxx

This woman’s a doctor? I find her weight alarming and tbh  she shouldn’t be representative of the beauty community advertising such a blatantly unhealthy weight as a beauty ideal. This isn’t cns cause of her review, I’m genuinely concerned for her. 

that G.U.Y.

Imagine launching a skincare line full of fragrance in 2020 :rip:

JesusORGod
Just now, Mrnoniee said:

The ingredients are VERY basic and are available in excellent 2 dollar products as well.

No they’re not :ahh:

You remind me of those people that walk into Dior/Hermes/LV etc  and ask their staff why is their bag more expensive than MK :ahh:

ziam
5 minutes ago, Mythology said:

All those fragrance sheep:ahh:

Fragrance-free is a topic that some brands have been trying to push just to find a way to promote their fragrance-free brands

Most of the most famous and renowned skin care brands like Estée Lauder, Lancôme, Olay, L’Oreal, La Prairie, La Mer, their products all have fragrance in their products but most people have no problems with using them for decades

Only very few amount of people are allergic to fragrance. And even they’re allergenic, most of them’s skin is only sensitive to a very specific type of fragrance 

Unless there are a lot of kinds of fragrance have been adding to one product, most fragrance won’t do anything to most people’s skin. Stop acting like they can burn your skin:skull:

Adverse reactions to fragrances in perfumes and in fragranced cosmetic products include allergic contact dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, photosensitivity, immediate contact reactions (contact urticaria), and pigmented contact dermatitis. Airborne and connubial contact dermatitis occur.

If you don't mind fragrance that's super, but don't downplay people who don't tolerate them. I personally can't use some products because my eyes start burning and turning red when I put them on my face even though I avoid eye area. 

Avariko
6 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

Blue Jeans

Are you DENSE?

There another person here insisting Black Skin is SOMEHOW different or something else. Like...

Us dermatologists are taught about SKIN not the amount of melanin in the skin. It does matter, like some conditions like DPN can only be found in darker skin types, however, we DO study it.
Black and White and Brown and Blue and Yellow all skins have pores, function the same, however, there are some skin issues that are exclusive to white and rare in black and vice verse. However, we cover BOTH.

Also, fragrance and other parabens or other harmful things are going to affect the white and black skin the SAME. So IDK how the race thing is applicable here.

IDK why @BajanBeauty is insisting Rihanna's skin care line is a MIRACLE for black skin when it is AS DAMAGING to black and white skin as other GENERIC brands like Kylie Skin.

Oh wow the lecture :jonny: I was just joking as I don't give a **** about these products!

Mythology
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ziam said:

If you don't mind fragrance that's super, but don't downplay people who don't tolerate them. I personally can't use some products because my eyes start burning and turning red when I put them on my face even though I avoid eye area. 

Nobody is downplaying fragrance. Actually, it’s some people are exaggerating the side effect of fragrance

Skin care companies have been using fragrance for decades but it has never really been a problem until recently because some companies are trying to use fragrance-free as a selling point for their products. Therefore, they exaggerate the side effect of fragrance

A very small amount of fragrance won’t harm most people’s skin. Otherwise, brands like Estée Lauder, Lancôme, La Prairie, La Mer would’ve been sued to hell because they have been using those things for decades

Most people’s reason to bash fragrance and artificial coloring is just because they think their effects (adding scents and colors) are unrelated to skin care. It’s not a problem for most people. Only very few people are allergic to a very specific type of fragrance

Are you sure you’re allergic to fragrance? Have you been to a dermatologist and asked them to help you find out what ingredients caused your allergy?

It can help you find out what skin care products you can use when you know what ingredient can cause your allergy

Edited by Mythology

ziam
12 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

This woman’s a doctor? I find her weight alarming and tbh  she shouldn’t be representative of the beauty community advertising such a blatantly unhealthy weight as a beauty ideal. This isn’t cns cause of her review, I’m genuinely concerned for her. 

She has eating disorder most likely but that doesn't make her knowledge less valuable. 

TMZ

everyone kept saying the fragrance is wayyyy too strong...

Mythology
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TMZ said:

everyone kept saying the fragrance is wayyyy too strong...

There is only less than 1% of fragrance 

I haven’t got my Fenty Skin products. But the scent is strong doesn’t mean they add a lot of fragrance

Edited by Mythology

MingYouToo
48 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

Basic according to who? Katy stan?.. :ahh:

Sweetie you’re paying for the package, the conditions this ingredients are kept in, marketing and the Fenty brand lifestyle 💋

not this excuse :deadbanana2:

istan4badgalriri
30 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

Blue Jeans

Are you DENSE?

Oh wow the inexplicable anger! I’d suggest you to buy the Fenty Skin cleanser for clear skin but it’s out of stock :coffee2:

JesusORGod
Just now, MingYouToo said:

not this excuse :deadbanana2:

That’s not an excuse, this is a fact :deadbanana2:

Why do you think people pay for a La Mer skincare?...it’s surely not for the amazing performance and ingredients  :skull:

EdnaMode

Fenty skin literally just launched. Of course they won't released products with highly advanced ingredient that target specific concerns YET. LOL I'm sure it is coming in the next launch.  Rihanna always take it slow with her brand and slowly build up the products. 

Some reviewers are quick to just give their 2 cents based on the ingredients alone but never give it time to try it first. Skincare takes weeks to see results.

The thing about skincare is you need to consider the formula and how these actives are deliver to your skin as well. 

That why sometime you find product with the most basic ingredient but it work so well for you compare to the one with high concentration of actives and yet you see no result at all. Ingredient list can only tell you so much. 

While i don't like fragrance in skincare myself  but i feel like we are overreacting to it a bit tbh. 

Worm
10 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

Why do you think people pay for a La Mer skincare?...it’s surely not for the amazing performance and ingredients  :skull:

Skincare is primarily a field of medicine, and although it has been bastardised by the beauty industry that doesn’t mean all products are the same and all ingredients across all product lines are the same.

The fact of the matter is the Fenty line is selling basic products at an overinflated price point. This may be intentional by Rihanna - the same qualities that make it “universal” are the ones that mean it will be generally ineffective in terms of high powered skincare ingredients, because strong actives are absolutely not universally tolerated by different skins - but using this line vs something science led with proven ingredients (not La Mer) would be as different as night and day in terms of results. 

If you want to support Rihanna and don’t think her selling overpriced basic products at ridiculous markups is worthy of criticism, that’s on you. Certainly plenty of other brands do the same. 

07tandu

Dr Dray is the only skincare influencer I take seriously so props to her for saying the truth unlike others :clap3:

Joesuxx
44 minutes ago, ziam said:

She has eating disorder most likely but that doesn't make her knowledge less valuable. 

I never said it did. I said should she really be commentating on the beauty industry when she is so clearly the product of its damaging effects on women.  I would hate to think of my daughter or any child watching this and aspiring to be that dangerously thin or assuming that that is normal. 

MingYouToo
27 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

That wasnt my point. 

Justifying awful basic line skincare for 'the lifestyle' is just appalling and ungrounded.

This isnt fashion where its all subjective, its literally a facet of your health being bastardized by the beauty community.

Rev8

Whew this thread

dont make this about racism pls

+this wont halt Fenty's sales at all

it even wont budge her acclaim.

Rihanna is too powerful

Joesuxx

Just caught up with some comments here. Please patch test all products before applying too generously.