period sis

Beyonce - The Lion King: The Gift (Deluxe Edition)

Anthurium

A MOMENT :jonny5: The way this album was severly slept on and she still gave it these AMAZING visuals, I'm stunned.

Black Parade (Extended Version) :jonny5: My Power still slays me wew.

Nile's and Brown Skin Girl's extended versions as well as Spirit acapella deserved a spot, like other members pointed it out.

Massive_Teardrop

I adore this <3

elvenOCEAN

Ok! Initially I wasn’t the biggest fan of Already but now I must admit it’s really catchy! My only complain is that it’s a bit too long so it becomes repetitive. 3 min would be the perfect duration in my opinion.

BnPac
40 minutes ago, elvenOCEAN said:

Ok! Initially I wasn’t the biggest fan of Already but now I must admit it’s really catchy! My only complain is that it’s a bit too long so it becomes repetitive. 3 min would be the perfect duration in my opinion.

Hmmm...you might be right, it’s a bit long but I can never get enough of the repetitive « already », glad the song won you a bit over. 

dangerousalex

I wish Spirit (a capella) with Bey and the choir was its own interlude or an intro before the actual song on the album like it was in the film. :monkey: That part gave me chills 

also I definitely think she wasted opportunity to plug some of the extended versions into this “deluxe edition”. Hope she adds them later on :coffee2:

badgirlriri
10 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Hmmm...you might be right, it’s a bit long but I can never get enough of the repetitive « already », glad the song won you a bit over. 

The repetition is what *makes* the song imo :katie2:

SinterFold_

I think this will go down as a cult classic if nothing else

SeeingStars1515
17 minutes ago, SinterFold_ said:

I think this will go down as a cult classic if nothing else

Cult classic implies it doesnt have mainstream appeal - which it does - just not exactly attracting non POC. I think this project will have some legs too 

elvenOCEAN
1 hour ago, BnPac said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Beyoncé’s part, it’s the Shatta Wale’s part that I think should be shorter. :celestial6:

Also, the intro to the video is BRILLIANT! The camera work :clap3:

SinterFold_
10 hours ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

Cult classic implies it doesnt have mainstream appeal - which it does - just not exactly attracting non POC. I think this project will have some legs too 

Not a single song entered the Top 200 on streaming. Mainstream appeal is attracting non POC. Nothing you said made sense, lol. 

Istan4R

Watched the visuals for a third time. I usually can only watch something once but there is something bout it. It puts me in a trance. I put it on third time cause I was bored and wanted background noise but I couldn’t stop watching all the colors, outfits, illusions. She really is an ARTIST and I think we should soak all these Bey moments in cause one day we will look back and be like damn we had it sooo good

SeeingStars1515
14 hours ago, SinterFold_ said:

Not a single song entered the Top 200 on streaming. Mainstream appeal is attracting non POC. Nothing you said made sense, lol. 

It's in the cultural zeitgeist. It's broadly known. We dont have the disneyplus streaming numbers do we?  It has mainstream appeal but it doesnt have what typically expect of a pop star because of its subject. Cult classic usually denotes something that wasnt well received initially but than gains a small following. 

Either way - i love it and im a white dude lol

Khalid

It’s number 3 on the itunes album chart

XtinaStripped

Why is she still promoting this? Lion King is over and done. Why not a new project? I’m all kinds of confused. This has been out ages.

OnMyCoolJ
3 hours ago, XtinaStripped said:

Why is she still promoting this? Lion King is over and done. Why not a new project? I’m all kinds of confused. This has been out ages.

because she can. It is the luxury of being Beyoncé Thee First Lady Of Music Knowles-Carter 

hope she does a The Gif tour next year..lts stretch this out over 3 years :nicole:

letscauseascene1

This deluxe edition makes no sense. The added material of a few seconds longer "Black Parade", and that 'ok' remix to "Find Your Way Back", this was a waste. Why didn't she just update with the versions from the film. Now THEN, I see worth investing.

Rafael
4 hours ago, XtinaStripped said:

That's the thing with Beyoncé. She doesn't give a single f*ck about the commercial aspect anymore. She believes in her art and works through it regardless of anything. She's said several times that her focus shifted and she's not interesting in topping charts or whatever anymore and she proves it everytime.

Any other artist would have abandoned the project the minute those first week numbers came out... but not her, she's probably the only artist out right now that who truly cares for her craft enough to put this much effort into her musical projects.

The fact that she did it for The Gift just elevated my respect for her. 

New stuff will come on Netflix probably in 2022.

SeeingStars1515
4 hours ago, XtinaStripped said:

My guess is it was part of the earlier deal with Disney- she wanted to prop up the African artists and African art. 

SinterFold_
23 hours ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

It's in the cultural zeitgeist. It's broadly known. We dont have the disneyplus streaming numbers do we?  It has mainstream appeal but it doesnt have what typically expect of a pop star because of its subject. Cult classic usually denotes something that wasnt well received initially but than gains a small following. 

Either way - i love it and im a white dude lol

This wasn’t well received initially and gained a small following 

Again, what are you talking about?

Do you even know? You’re trying to come off as someone who’s knowledgeable and you clearly aren’t. 

SeeingStars1515
5 minutes ago, SinterFold_ said:

This wasn’t well received initially and gained a small following 

Again, what are you talking about?

Do you even know? You’re trying to come off as someone who’s knowledgeable and you clearly aren’t. 

What are YOU talking about? BIK has been massively well-reviewed. The soundtrack is sitting at no 3 in US itunes. Cult classic is not the right term to describe this at all.

JClarkSTAN

I love seeing the girls catch up to this. Bey is so ahead of everyone. It’s truly amazing to see. 

queenoftheclouds

I liked Lemonade more. It looks like an advertisment. My Power is the best video.

SinterFold_
1 hour ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

What are YOU talking about? BIK has been massively well-reviewed. The soundtrack is sitting at no 3 in US itunes. Cult classic is not the right term to describe this at all.

You clearly don’t know what a cult classic is hence nothing you said making any sense. So I’ll just excuse myself from the conversation that you clearly aren’t qualified to have :lmao:

nooniebao