AbeHicks

Do you wear fashionable masks?

AbeHicks

Now that it looks like COVID is here to stay but we are done with social distancing, I thought it's time to buy some cute designs instead of the basic blue masks most people have. But when I looked around in my local stores, the variety of patterns/colors was abysmal and none of them looked that good :skull: So I contacted some craftsmen to make me some unique masks with patterns that I like. Do you try to pay attention to the appearance of your mask, or do you not care at all and just wear the blue ones? Also feel free to post awesome mask designs if you know any :smile:

3-covid19.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Anthem

I just wear my reusable carbon mouth mask that I had for skiing. It's a solid maroon, and that's good enough for me - I take it off as soon as I leave any store.

britkneepopboi

No, the designs people are coming up with are so bad :rip: masks with American Flags or Cartoon mouths on them for example

I just wear a simple black one...

Caesar

I have a couple of black pairs

Honestly I don’t even mind wearing a mask at this point. It makes people instantly look at my gorgeous eyes :fan:

skwonderfactory

I wear one of my mom’s bandannas. It’s red with some paisley pattern accents so it’s cute.

shookspeare

I didn't before, but I lost my mask on Monday and hit up my g*y coworker for a spare and his masks are so cute :jonny: i don't feel ugly in it, the taste

Can't_M!ss_This

No. 

Illuminati

I think "fashionable" or merch masks are cringy so I just wear what I have. But I wouldn't mind getting like a solid black mask

AlternativeFacts

I have a cute camo one. I also bought a black one from SKIMS because I heard they were super soft, and it's literally the most rough, uncomfortable thing I've ever felt against my cheeks

Phantom

No I flat out refuse to normalize 'mask fashion' for many reasons -

1) It is tacky af tbh

2) A waste of money in a situation where I would rather not waste it - masks with patterns are more expensive

3) I don't want to normalize for myself that this is a long haul situation - however long this pandemic lasts it is still temporary; and plain masks (w/ or w/o valves) have a clinical quality to them that reinforce that this will be over, eventually

4) I've seen some people wear colorful, fashionable masks that are rewashable but also bleed color on rewash, tragic

harwee

I got 3 basic masks, its blue, green and gray color with no prints.

But I'm thinking of switching it up and get a few prints now that its becoming a norm like tshirts.

brenda-walsh

yes of course, i always have to be fashionable 

Pendulum

yes5ea3f52596ce4103ac45577c-large.jpg?cache

May

I bought a custom one which matched a lot of my summer clothes but whenever I went out in public with it I felt like an absolute dick head for some reason :rip: I felt like everyone was staring and laughing in their minds

so ive reverted back to the basic blue ones

Zolvnski

I actually live for the aesthetic of covering half my face. Along with my shades for eye protection the summer

I feel blessed as a gay by the universe for the amount of masks I’ve been given/handed Since most of them compliment what I wear outside

:gaygacat5:

hurricane326

I wear masks scented with Chanel no 5

jezebelvictoria

I don't wear a mask. This is the USA!

angry-north-american-bald-eagle-flag-101

Raver

Yup! I have a couple of face masks from the times I’ve gone to festivals and a few I bought during the pandemic. 

Dolce Vita

im a femboy so i had a bunch of cute masks anyways but i primarily wear black ones in public

AbeHicks
1 hour ago, Phantom said:

No I flat out refuse to normalize 'mask fashion' for many reasons -

1) It is tacky af tbh

2) A waste of money in a situation where I would rather not waste it - masks with patterns are more expensive

3) I don't want to normalize for myself that this is a long haul situation - however long this pandemic lasts it is still temporary; and plain masks (w/ or w/o valves) have a clinical quality to them that reinforce that this will be over, eventually

4) I've seen some people wear colorful, fashionable masks that are rewashable but also bleed color on rewash, tragic

Tbh they are not that expensive...the ones I saw today were between 3$-10$. Not a lot at all. But also wake up sis, it is NEVER going away. Masks are here to stay.

mariah.gif

AbeHicks
1 hour ago, hurricane326 said:

I wear masks scented with Chanel no 5

Doesn't that irritate your skin long term?

hurricane326
2 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Doesn't that irritate your skin long term?

Nope. It makes wearing masks smell good

Cute

im so tempted to buy this pair but i cant justify spending 50 dollars on this :rip:

A1_3.jpg?__=2