• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TayAlison89

• M André

• okbyefornow

• ariananext

State of Grace.

I havent seen the whole show but it was kinda cute tbh, my fave in years.

they should just keep doing them like this every year :skull: 

I actually really enjoyed this years show, am I the only one that loves the whole COVID performance format?

everything looked so futuristic & utopian-like, it felt like watching the Year 3000 VMA's. Especially Gaga & Doja's performances plus the acceptance stage with the screens everywhere.

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

this is a nightmare for the OGHs :jonny5:

she is such a goddamn legend. Congrats Gaga!

:gaygacat5: :gaygacat4::gaygacat5:

Literally TABS!

2 hours ago, Baby_boy09 said:

Miley did a performance from her backyard drenched in that red color in April for that big concert where all the celebs performed "at home, together". She has the same hair at the time too. That's what you are thinking of. 

UGH THANKSSSS!!!! I KNEW IT!! THAT'S IT!!

They need to keep it in this format and continue pushing MTV as a potential streaming giant. I LOVE how well orchestrated the performances were (basically live music videos) and we didn’t have to get the typical annoying dead ass crowd and Z-List reality stars and YouTubers hogging the screen.

Mr. Blue_Shirt

Wait i just realized that they don't even announced the winner of that "Songs of the Summer" category on the main show :skull: Blackpink deserves better.

Truly the last minute fan voting category indeed :skull:

10 hours ago, Pandora said:

They need to keep it in this format and continue pushing MTV as a potential streaming giant. I LOVE how well orchestrated the performances were (basically live music videos) and we didn’t have to get the typical annoying dead ass crowd and Z-List reality stars and YouTubers hogging the screen.

Plus its much easier to get performers cause they can just ship the green screen anywhere in the world. 

Lights and Waves

I thought the show kind of sucked? The performances inside studios (like Gaga, Miley, Doja) were great, but the outdoor performances with no audience just felt very dead. The BET awards was digital this year and it was SO much better. The production was amazing because they filmed the celebs wherever they wanted. They didn't force everyone to come to NY.

The Weeknd, Chloe x Halle, Doja Cat, Miley and Lady Gaga gave great stand out performances. The rest were meh.

All in all, I will echo the popular sentiment here regarding sticking to this format. The VMAs is probably the only show that actually benefits creatively from this. 

My only complaint. I'm in Singapore and so I watched the VMAs on MTV Asia. I most certainly did not appreciate them cutting to commercials randomly. Sometimes in the middle of an artist's acceptance speech! The worst was when they simply cut to commercial during the In Memoriam segment! RUDE.

Possible hot take

I agree with most that this was the best vma’s in years but we only think that because they pandered to us  (the gays) HARD this year :rip: Gaga sweeping, the performances and stages were great, etc. 

I’m not sure why they don’t do this every year, I think they feel like they need to cater to the GP and straights but we’re the ones who treat this **** like an event, talk about it on social media, hype it up, etc. if they could position the VMA’s as the gays super bowl then it would be a moment for MTV every year. 

By this I’m not saying they should only have big female pop stars winning in the categories but people will be talking about this years vmas for a while, I just looked up the big winners for the last couple of years and some of the big winners are people like Camila Cabello, Childish Gambino, and Kendrick Lamar. I have no issues with those artists but like... no one cares :rip: 

Edited by Rigalo
2 hours ago, babyboy44 said:

were there real audiences? 

can someone explain how exactly this happened?

The artists pre-recorded their performances in different places, CIG and green screen was used for others (to pretend they were in NYC) and I think Keke even hosted from her home lol but it all looked like they were at one place for most of the time (when accepting awards) but they weren't

Also no real audience, only from Zoom

finally watched this
some thoughts;
pre-show: whew, these hosts are... GOD AWFUL :rip: I just can't stop cringing every minute :rip: Chloe x Halle SLAYS :jonny5: as always, such a great performance! This is one of the best songs from the album :heart2: I hope this is the next single :jonny5: their runs and ad-libs in the end were flawless 

The Weeknd did good :clap3: I love the location, but I kinda tired of this same song :rip:
Miley looks ****ing gorgeous and I can't @ her serving Disco Wrecking Ball-realness :jonny5: I love her !
Taylor's The Man recieving some awards is sending me, but now she even wins something with this :rip: whew, this is a REAL JOKE
Gaga was EVERYTHING :jonny5: this is easily the best peformances of the night and already looking massive and iconic :jonny: I need acoustic Stupid Love in my life now :jonny: the stage :jonny5: costumes :jonny5: mask :jonny5:
wtf @ Julia Michaels getting main stage peformance, while Chloe x Halle didn't :rip:
Doja did amazing job :jonny: I love her before, but wow, she's so beautiful and  I love her live energy :jonny:  and the outfit :jonny5:
not Bebe Rexha out of all people announcing VOTY :rip:
BEP serving the worst performance of the year :rip: wtf are these dance moves and ****ing lightbulls-d!cks :rip: and not them getting some back-up peformer with messy haircut instead of Fergie :deadbanana4: