• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TayAlison89

• M André

• okbyefornow

• ariananext

10 minutes ago, mylicious said:

Why is Dua not represented at all? Wtf is that? She slayed since December, disappointing. 

Yeah this is totally wacked. How could they possibly look credible by doing this. 

8 hours ago, ariananext said:

you're surely not hiding behind dua and harry cause you're bothered an album a re release 4 videos with 4 versions each weren't enough for a vmas nod ihih

Funny how you immediately thought of Selena. I've been a fan of Dua since 2016 before she even got mainstream not that I owe any explanation.Try everything you want, it won't change the fact that Justin's nomination is not deserved. 

9 hours ago, HazelHyphen said:

Where is JoJo :skull:

girl didn’t do a whole visual album from home to be snubbed...

i love her but in what world was JoJo getting any nominations in 2020 :skull: 

TayAlison89
6 hours ago, mcohen said:

The people claiming the VMAs are irrelevant are clearly measuring it's impact subjectively and using live tv ratings as a measure :skull:

Anyways, I agree with their nominations for the most part. Surprised Harry got snubbed  

right, they say they're irrelevant yet they keep fuming because their fav didn't get any noms...doesn't make sense :rip: 

3 hours ago, dillan said:

The way that not a single nomination stands out, this gonna get like 2 million viewers next month :rip: 

Isn't that it's normal views lately?

It's appalling to think how in the last decade or so they've managed to make such a complete and utter joke out of what was once a somewhat prestigious award show :deadbanana2: 

Edited by okgo
47 minutes ago, okgo said:

It's appalling to think how in the last decade or so they've managed to make such a complete and utter joke out of what was once a somewhat prestigious award show :deadbanana2: 

it's very much in line with what the music mainstream has come to. I can't understand what kind of show they're supposed to organize with all these Lil Nas X's, Camillas, Shawns, Biebers, Avas, Duas

The show is a 1:1 reflection of what you people stan and stream.

professor2000
3 minutes ago, Goofy said:

it's very much in line with what the music mainstream has come to. I can't understand what kind of show they're supposed to organize with all these Lil Nas X's, Camillas, Shawns, Biebers, Avas, Duas

The show is a 1:1 reflection of what you people stan and stream.

I kinda agree with this.  The Pop stars of today can’t hold a candle to the Pop stars of 90s/2000s.  It’s such a shame.  

I’m talking performance, songs, production, and somewhat even aesthetically/visually.  The only reason why some artists do better visually now is because of technology improving, not because they’re more creative :rip:  

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

The fact that you can find some actually good videos only in the technical categories :bibliahh:

this :clap3:

Dua was robbed 

7 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

i love her but in what world was JoJo getting any nominations in 2020 :skull: 

I mean... The Best Rock category consists of Blink-182, Green Day, Evanescence, FOB, Coldplay, and The Killers.  I like all those bands, but it looks like it was taken straight out of 2005  :rip:

That said, I agree that JoJo had stiffer competition due to her genre, so it makes sense they snubbed her for newer artists.

56 minutes ago, andresg770 said:

I mean... The Best Rock category consists of Blink-182, Green Day, Evanescence, FOB, Coldplay, and The Killers.  I like all those bands, but it looks like it was taken straight out of 2005  :rip:

That said, I agree that JoJo had stiffer competition due to her genre, so it makes sense they snubbed her for newer artists.

tbh i think that’s because there aren’t really any rock/punk pop groups that are mainstream right now except for the old 2000s groups that still have big fanbases.

and agreed, since jojo is competing in a genre that is constantly churning out new artists that get popular and her industry issues, it’s unlikely that she would even be considered nowadays unfortunately  

3 hours ago, okgo said:

It was never a 'prestigious' awards show. The only award that has ever really meant anything was VOTY and the Vanguard Award. :michael:

I was, however, a cultural event... and that has definitely been lost. I think social media has changed that a lot. Now we basically have 24/7 access to our favorite stars, there's really no hype around anyone attending an awards show. 

I do think that the performances have always been the main draw of the show, so they really need to focus on getting all of the biggest stars to perform again. Especially now that everyone is quarantined it should be way easier cause no one has to actually attend.... and they can pre-tape their performances and do whatever they want to. :ihype:

1 minute ago, Dula Peep said:

It was never a 'prestigious' awards show. The only award that has ever really meant anything was VOTY and the Vanguard Award. :michael:

I was, however, a cultural event... and that has definitely been lost. I think social media has changed that a lot. Now we basically have 24/7 access to our favorite stars, there's really no hype around anyone attending an awards show. 

I do think that the performances have always been the main draw of the show, so they really need to focus on getting all of the biggest stars to perform again. Especially now that everyone is quarantined it should be way easier cause no one has to actually attend.... and they can pre-tape their performances and do whatever they want to. :ihype:

It definitely meant "something" to win a VMA back in the day.

3 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

tbh i think that’s because there aren’t really any rock/punk pop groups that are mainstream right now except for the old 2000s groups that still have big fanbases.

and agreed, since jojo is competing in a genre that is constantly churning out new artists that get popular and her industry issues, it’s unlikely that she would even be considered nowadays unfortunately  

Not that long ago, the technical categories were also places where people who either were past their prime or not at the top of the mainstream could still get nominations and even wins.  Just in 2015 and 2016, OK Go, Snoop Dogg, The Chemical Brothers, and David Bowie got VMA nominations in those categories (hell, three of them even won awards).  But for some reason, those categories have been getting really mainstream recently, so the cards are definitely stacked against JoJo nowadays.

21 hours ago, SelenaGomez<3 said:

some Flops got more nominees than Selena :skull:

I can't. Imagine not nominating LAHN for multiple awards. Throw away the whole show.

MTV just upload Eminem VMA perfomance from 2011 ... are they teasing Video Vanguard for this year?? :alexz2: