Squall

Why isn't Future Nostalgia selling more?

JBJT2786
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Squall said:

Not sure what Taylor has to do with it, I didn't even bring up her numbers.

Also not sure what you are all using the "she is not big in the US!!!!" excuse when that's actually the problem:

About 200M Al right now on the US radios (dominating pop radios as well)

Excellent playlisting (she was #1 for females back in mid-April with 346 million, idk about right now)

And reaching one million in 4 months is amazing? She literally has the best exposure possible  :dies: 

I never said it was a amazing  but you're acting its a flop were other female artists had just as strong #1 hits ( Camila, Halsey, and Selena) and neither one have broken a million yet with their albums and had much more time than Dua.

So basically outside of Taylor and Gaga, the female artist market WW is a complete and utter flop is what you're saying...

Edited by JBJT2786

Squall
7 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

I never said it was a amazing  but you're acting its a flop were other female artists had just as strong #1 hits ( Camila, Halsey, and Selena) and neither one have broken a million yet with their albums and had much more time than Dua.

So basically outside of Taylor and Gaga, the female artist market WW is a complete and utter flop is what you're saying...

I didn't say it was a flop, I said it wasn't doing great :skull: 

They didn't have as many hits as her + her radio support 

Also, no, since Billie's march 2019 album is currently outselling her

HASHTAGPOW

A sales force

W71o5Py.gif

britkneepopboi

the average music listener isn't buying physical copies of albums anymore especially during the streaming era.

artists with dedicated fanbases are usually the only exception... Dua is doing fine.

JBJT2786
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Squall said:

I didn't say it was a flop, I said it wasn't doing great :skull: 

They didn't have as many hits as her + her radio support 

Also, no, since Billie's march 2019 album is currently outselling her

Shes only had 2 from this era....and Camila had a pop #1 RADIO hit with My Oh My. Lets not.

Billie is bigger than any girl outside of Taylor in the US right now period so I don't see the correlation  :rip:

So again you're saying outside of Gaga and Taylor, every female artist who released in the last 8 months have underperformed. 

Edited by JBJT2786

Squall
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Shes only had 2 from this era....and Camila had a pop #1 RADIO hit with My Oh My. Lets not.

Billie is bigger than any girl outside of Taylor in the US right now period so I don't see the correlation  :rip:

I don’t follow her but I guess people simply didn’t like it? It was the only « hit » from her album if we don’t count Senorita anyway

The correlation is that: despite less exposure this year, she is currently outselling her but nevermind 

Edited by Squall

JBJT2786
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Squall said:

I don’t follow her but I guess people simply didn’t like it? It was the only « hit » from her album if we don’t count Senorita anyway

The correlation is that: despite less exposure this year she is currently outselling her but nevermind 

Unfortunately  ask a Camila stan and they count Senorita  so....

Correlation: Billie had the biggest selling female ablum last year by a landslide...so how is it surprising its doing currently better than every 2020 female album outside of Folklore?

Edited by JBJT2786

Squall
1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Unfortunately  ask a Camila stan and they count Senorita  so....

Correlation: Billie had the biggest selling female ablum last year by a landslide...so how is it surprising its doing better than every 2020 female album outside of Folklore?

Because the era was pretty much over after BG (the only song radios really supported, even if WTPO received a cute support in 2018) and we are in July 2020.

I don’t even mean to say Dua is flopping, I just think her numbers are quite disappointing when you look at her hits/global exposure. It kinda makes me think of when Katy was smashing in 2010, everyone was dragging her album numbers.

JBJT2786
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Squall said:

Because the era was pretty much over after BG (the only song radios really supported, even if WTPO received a cute support in 2018) and we are in July 2020.

I don’t even mean to say Dua is flopping, I just think her numbers are quite disappointing when you look at her hits/global exposure. It kinda makes me think of when Katy was smashing in 2010, everyone was dragging her album numbers.

Billie has songs in her EP crossing a billion streams now. Eras on her level are not done until her fans say they are. :rip:

Its disappointing  TO YOU. Her previous album did 1.3 M WW with  little fanfare outside of NR being a hit and her overloading it with collabs and more songs after.

This is a win for Dua either way. In probably  3 or 4 weeks it'll surpass DL1 with just 11 tracks. She has a massive hit with DSN and will probably hit platinum for the US. To treat this like she should've made Billie or Gaga or Taylor numbers because of just DSN  is ridiculous. 

Edited by JBJT2786

Squall
1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Billie has songs in her EP crossing a billion streams now. Eras on her level are not done until her fans say they are. :rip:

Its disappointing  TO YOU. Her previous album did 1.3 M WW with  little fanfare outside of NR being a hit and her overloading it with collabs and more songs after.

This is a win for Dua either way. In probably  3 or 4 weeks it'll surpass DL1 with just 11 tracks. She has a massive hit with DSN and will probably hit platinum for the US. To treat this like she should've made Billie or Gaga or Taylor numbers because of just DSN  is ridiculous. 

This number is probably not updated though.

BMH is smashing on radios also. She is having a bigger exposure on Spotify/radios than Billie last year (and Taylor/Gaga even if she is not on their level I agree) but well  :michael:

mcohen

She's a radio/playlist driven artist 

KnightofCrescentL

I think Dua is doing fine. She is the only female having multiple solo top 20 hits from the one album. I don't recally anyone else doing that.

Dula Peep

The GP's lack of taste? :michael: 

bad guy

I don't think she has a solid fanbase yet so that explains the single SPS driven album units. But she seems ambitious and I think she can get there eventually. I think Covid had a huge effect on how the era was going to turn out but I give her kudos for still pushing the album instead of dropping it like a rock.

JesusORGod

From my experience her stansbase is a kii and have no identity IMO.

Breathe On Moi
3 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

From my experience her stansbase is a kii and have no identity IMO.

If you can identify them as dua stans, doesn’t that mean that they have an identity? :huh:

JesusORGod
1 minute ago, Breathe On Moi said:

If you can identify them as dua stans, doesn’t that mean that they have an identity? :huh:

I would not be able to "identify" them unless they told me they stan her, Hence why i said from my experience. 

How many of her stans can you name that did buy ALL her album+vinyl+singles+merch+magazine covers+ ysl fragrance etc etc?

simplywohoo

Why are you so pressed ? She's doing perfectly fine. :skull:

Not a mega smash but not disappointing by any means.

One Rude Boy
Posted (edited)

Wait is this pure sales or SPS? :rip:

Regardless, she's doing perfectly fine and her singles are smashing. Even if her albums don't do well, she'll be a hitmaker for a while 

Edited by One Rude Boy

Eternium
4 hours ago, Squall said:

Estimated sales from last week:

'Future Nostalgia' by Dua Lipa 44,000 / 1,108,000

Despite benefiting a lot from big hits/streaming/radios/playlists, her album isn't doing great. While being one of the "hottest artists" of 2020, why isn't she doing better in the album sales department?

In comparison with older albums:

'Fine Line' by Harry Styles 66,000 / 2,492,000 (released in December 2019)

'After Hours' by The Weeknd 57.000 / 2.091.000 (released a week before)

'Hollywood's Bleeding' by Post Malone 55,000 / 4,701,000 (released in September 2019)

'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?' by Billie Eilish 48,000 / 6,552,000 (March 2019)

These numbers are obviously false.

Just using Spotify alone:

Don’t Start Now = 1.017B streams = 678k album equivalents

Break My Heart = 337M = 224.7k albums

Physical = 313M = 208.7k albums

She’s moved over 1,111,400 album units just from her first three singles on Spotify alone. With the album and single sales, YouTube views, Spotify streams of album tracks and other streaming sources, she’s obviously over 2M units

3 hours ago, NightCrawler said:

Are you just pretending to be stupid? 90% of sales come from streaming. How can her WW streaming numbers be: "US streams multiplied by 6" but her worldwide sales = "US sales multiplied by 3" ? I guess a stream outside of the US is worth less to you and Mediatraffic.

MediaTraffic either estimates numbers or  uses fake numbers from official charts like Billboard and The Official Charts Company. Billboard changed their weighting on streaming to hinder the impact of lower income households on streaming and thus their numbers no longer match global standards nor even the tracking service they utilize (Nielsen Soundscan). The Official Charts Company has a weird weighting rule where they just reimagine numbers and literally make **** up :skull: 

It’s genuinely crazy that certain gays still use MT post-2012.

3 hours ago, Squall said:

You want it or not, this is the currently source we have to estimate to some extent WW sales and I already posted her weekly numbers in the main markets (but of course you didn't point it out).

ChartMasters. MJD has always been a better source than MediaTraffic.

Breathe On Moi
8 minutes ago, JesusORGod said:

I would not be able to "identify" them unless they told me they stan her, Hence why i said from my experience. 

How many of her stans can you name that did buy ALL her album+vinyl+singles+merch+magazine covers+ ysl fragrance etc etc?

I’m sure there are more than a few that are die hard and you can find them on Twitter and other boards, you can’t just think ATRL makes up the world of Dua stans. 

Oktober Knight

The backfire the OP received :fan:

They really thought they were doing something here :dies:

JesusORGod
Just now, Breathe On Moi said:

I’m sure there are more than a few that are die hard and you can find them on Twitter and other boards, you can’t just think ATRL makes up the world of Dua stans. 

I don't know about them but if they are there than okay :skull:

J-esper

She's doing more than fine for an artist from the UK

bluebirdsforever
57 minutes ago, bad guy said:

I don't think she has a solid fanbase yet so that explains the single SPS driven album units. But she seems ambitious and I think she can get there eventually. I think Covid had a huge effect on how the era was going to turn out but I give her kudos for still pushing the album instead of dropping it like a rock.

:cm: