The Killers tour crew from 2009 accused of horrific gangrape

The7thStranger

The7thStranger

TRIGGER WARNING. Open below to read excerpts from the article.

Spoiler

The Killers have said they are taking allegations of sexual misconduct on one of their tours "extremely seriously".

It comes after a female sound engineer said she witnessed a woman being abused backstage during their 2009 US tour.

In an article published online, she alleged members of the stage crew took turns to engage in sexual activity with a woman in a dressing room.

A representative for The Killers said the band would conduct an investigation of past and present tour staff.

A woman, who is named on her Twitter account as Chez Cherrie, posted a blog recalling her time working for a band during a tour in 2009.

She says she was a sound engineer for the group, and the only woman working as part of the crew.

Recalling a specific incident in Milwaukee, she said: "We were about half way through our load-in when the FOH [front of house] engineer came over radio and said, 'Hey guys, there is a girl set up in Dressing Room A. Put your name on the list outside the door with your radio channel and we'll call you when it's your turn.'

"I continued my load out, occasionally hearing a name come over the radio to notify them that it was their turn on the train in Dressing Room A."

Cherrie said that later, on the bus, members of the crew would "swap stories" about their time with the woman.

As they were departing, she says a security guard ran towards the bus. "The security guy said, and I will never forget this moment because a piece of me died that night, 'That girl in Dressing Room A is passed out and naked. Is anyone going to take care of her?'"

She says the men on the bus laughed and declined, before leaving the venue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53581574?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[bbc.news.twitter]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=%40BBCNews&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=5DB4CD34-D1A6-11EA-B5B1-62AF4744363C&at_medium=custom7

Thoughts? I'm glad the band is looking into what happened.

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maestro

• The7thStranger

• BobBertran1992

• Flanders

Top Posters In This Topic

reading this makes me feel sick :biblio: 

this is something that probably happens all the time, too. i find it hard to believe that they didn't know about it

I felt sick to my stomach reading this yesterday. I hope the girl from Dressing Room A comes forward and gets the justice she deserves. 

feuxtography
12 minutes ago, velocity said:

reading this makes me feel sick :biblio: 

this is something that probably happens all the time, too. i find it hard to believe that they didn't know about it

Stage crews are usually a separate company that doesn't have much, if any contact with a band, especially one that made it big 5 years prior. They're usually never with the band either as they leave venues earlier and arrive earlier.

That being said, i hope every single one involved gets locked up.

The7thStranger
1 minute ago, Flanders said:

There's no mention of rape

That girl in Dressing Room A is passed out and naked. Is anyone going to take care of her?

I'm not changing the title. Rape is heavily implied.

Sweet Sexy Savage
4 minutes ago, Flanders said:

There's no mention of rape or lack of consent anywhere in this article. You need to change the title.

Nope :sorry:

5 minutes ago, Flanders said:

There's no mention of rape or lack of consent anywhere in this article. You need to change the title.

There’s a mention of the victim passed out.  Think it through sis. 

1 minute ago, The7thStranger said:

I'm not changing the title. Rape is heavily implied.

I agree that's a possibility, but there's a reason the BBC - a reputable news agency - didn't use that term. The girl may have been passed out and naked, but that could also have been after the intercourse took place. Until more is known it's pretty irresponsible to use the word rape, you're potentially only doing a disservice to actualy rape victims. The woman could have been a prostitute, for example. The circumstances just aren't known at this time, and you were not present. So it looks pretty bad for you to take it upon yourself to define this woman's story. It's really not your place..

Don't get me wrong, I'm equally disgusted by this story, but you're literally calling it a "gangrape" when even the accuser says that the crew workers went into the room one by one. 

Just my opinion, no offense!

i think you should put a trigger warning in the op. this was really disturbing and triggering to read, i truly hope the victim gets the justice she deserves and i commend the sound engineer on finally coming forward

Edited by Dolce Vita
3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

And she just let it happen?

this...ain’t it. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

There’s a mention of the victim passed out.  Think it through sis. 

This is true. But at the same time there are so many stories out there about groupies willingly sleeping with security, stage crew, entourages ect. I can understand, but also not fully agree with, why someone might be hung up on the word “ rape” in this particular situation.

The security guard said she was passed out in the dressing room. Y’all think she just decided to take a nap there? Like...

14 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

some of yall are so ****ing stupid jesus christ

Drag them bug/fighting queen! :heart:

ot: I wonder if some of the stories surrounding metallica groupie antics will come to light. I remember on their dvd the backstage crew talked about ****ing these girls thinking they see the band. The crew also took pics of these girls too Without their knowledge so I have to wonder...

The7thStranger
37 minutes ago, Flanders said:

The woman could have been a prostitute, for example.

:deadbanana: This is not it.

If consent were not in question, then this would not be making international headlines. BBC might not feel comfortable calling it an alleged rape, but I am. I'm not changing the title of the thread unless a moderator or an admin tells me that I have to. What else would the woman who came forward be alleging? That a girl had sex with members of the road crew? Why would that be news?

That's why the word "accused" is in the OP - they are not convicted, and we don't know that the story is true. As of right now, the entire thing is a big allegation - but an allegation of what  if not rape (regardless of whether or not she was a prostitute - you just implied that prostitutes cannot be raped) ?

Edited by The7thStranger
Young In Love
38 minutes ago, Maestro said:

And she just let it happen?

the stupidity on this site never fails to surprise me...